Iran backed down........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seawolf1090, Jan 1, 2012.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Our Friend China of course!!!

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know...They were coming to see me a few months ago in the Gulf of Mexico...
    They never showed...Pity...

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

LOL! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say an overseas division of an American Based Military Complex Corporation.

Seriously, If we don't sell to them, who will? We has the bestest technologies. Plus we sell to both sides through intermediaries like well anyone.

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Gator 45/70 and larryinalabama like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

That little fool Ahmaragingdingbat is just dead set on getting himself stomped. He and the Moron From Venezuela must be twin brothers..... they suffer the same self-destructive mental disorder.

tacmotusn likes this.
  6. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Somebody really needs to secure Imadinnerjackets heartbeat and soon!

7. Falcon15

That dingbat on the Strait is backed by his good buddies in China and Russia. Any act of aggression towards Iran leads to shots fired.

8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have doubts about a serious response from Russia or China

I have no doubts that Russia or China have made noises along the lines of taking action if Iran were attacked.
    That said do they have naval units in the area. Short of that, does anyone believe they are willing to use ballistic missles for anything short of an all out attack on Iran? What I mean by that is; if Iran says the Straight of Hormuz is closed and an Ageius Cruiser or Destroyer decides to Run the Gauntlet, also with an Aircap, and they are attacked by the Iranians ..... we all know how this will end in the short term. The US Navy warship may or may not take damage, but the retaliation will be swift and awesome, but pretty much pinpoint. Not carpet bombing Tehran or Nuking the country into the stoneage.
    So, in a situation like that, will Russia and China either one take any significant action whatsoever? I think not.
    We have been down this road with the St. of Hormuz before. Why should this time really be any different?

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Many Bible scolers claim Iran is modern Perisa, and they will take over the middle east, now would be a ideal time, the US just pulled out of Iraq and has a week President. Eroupe is near an economic collapse, that will likley cause the US economy to further tank. US has grown weary of fighting, and wont likley get much support for another "war"

So who knows what will happen....keep your vehicles full of gas and stay near some news. We might be living off our preps soon.

10. Falcon15

Tac, two things happen and it is game over. A blockaded strait for just one week, and a massive sell off of US Treasuries by China, the largest foreign investor. Once that happens the financial chain reaction and equity price of oil will destroy what is left of the American economy, effectively emasculating tand destroying he US, and eliminating Europe as a threat. Not a missile fired. Just a few keystrokes on a computer in Beijing, and its all over. China will survive it, as will Russia, and the OPEC Countries. They have gold and oil enough to spare. Destruction of the US economy opens the door for the Remimbi to be a replacement reserve currency.

Long of the short, time will tell. This has happened before, yes. However, the MENA has never been more unstable, the world economies have never been more unstable, and the US has never been led by anyone more unstable. YMMV.

11. Falcon15

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Interesting. I wonder if the reporter knows what the word "deployment" means in military speak; covers a slew of cases where troops come and go.

13. Falcon15

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7