iran "problem" shouldered by the u.s...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Aftera week of alks Israel has agreed to a u.s. proposal to "handle" the "iranian problem":
    http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6203
    US to Israel: Leave the military option against Iran to us

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report
    July 31, 2009, 3:58 PM (GMT+02:00)
    [​IMG] US F-22 strike craft

The weeklong US-Israel marathon in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv ending Thursday, July 30 was the platform for the Obama administration's first unveiling of a new US diplomatic-military program for Iran and its nuclear threat, DEBKAfile's military and intelligence sources disclose. The three-staged program was presented by US defense secretary Robert Gates and national security adviser James Jones to prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu, defense minister Ehud Barak, chief of staff Lt. Gen. Gaby Ashkenazy, Mossad chief Meir Dagan and military intelligence head Amos Yadlin.
    The new approach consists of three steps for thwarting Iran's drive for a nuclear bomb:
    1. Diplomatic engagement as far as it will go. The American officials assured Israel they were aware of the diminishing chances of this track succeeding in view of the Islamic regime's domestic troubles, but the US administration is still determined to give it a chance up until early September.
    2. If diplomacy fails, Washington will embark on the phased introduction of increasingly harsh sanctions against Iran, such as an embargo on exporting refined oil products including gasoline to Iran and a blockade on its sea ports.
    3. If Iran continues to forge ahead with its nuclear and missile development, the US will resort to its military options. DEBKAfile's military sources report that the American visitors shared with Israeli leaders their specific plans of actions with details of the resources they planned to wield.
    Gates and Jones wound up their presentation by stating unambiguously: Iran is a big power issue and it behooves the United States as the leading world

2. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

I think anyone who wants to discuss the "Iranian Problem" needs to read the book "All the shaws men". A true story of how the CIA deposed one of the middle Easts greatest progressive leaders because England didn't want to have to stop stealing all of Irans oil. This lead to the Islamic revolution and the mess we have today. Iran was actually our friends at the time. The only reason we did it was because we were wrongly afraid that comunists would take over Iran if we didn't let the British have there way.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Naw they hate us because we're free and their not. Their jealous.

It has nothing to do with our overthrowing their government, propping up and supporting a hated dictator.

Now today we hear on the "news" that 3 American "tourists" in Iraq were backpacking along the Iranian border and accidently crossed into Iran and were arrested. Okay dokey then. And they think we are gullible enough to believe this fairy tale and the news anchors even report it with a straight face.
    I smell a false flag op. Maybe manufacture a reason to launch an attack?

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I see it as officially putting us in the driver seat as far as launching a military strike, we will try diplomacy until it "fails"; we decide what "fails" means. We will ramp up sanctions until we decide military action is warranted.

I know about Kermit Roosevelt (cia head of station) and and British Petroleum deposing Mossadegh

5. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

To bad that the majority of America/world dues not. You've got to know the history to understand the present.

Man i hope we don't go to war with Iran. My brothers going into the military this year and I've got like 5 friends in the reserves that would almost certainly get shipped there. One has been to Iraq twice.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I have posted this before but I still find it enjoyable( even with the campy "green" venue) "Robert Newman's history of oil" .
    He leads off withe Iran mossadegh and bp.:

Robert Newmans History of Oil

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7