Iran Says Warships Headed Close to U.S. Borders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You throw (a) or some nukes into the eastern seaboard as @DarkLight suggested and strike New York, Boston, DC. The psychological and infrastructure damage could be possibly worse than an EMP, due to the short range of a Scud and a high population density. An EMP with that delivery system would not get far enough inland for a broad-based EMP.

Still a suicide mission either way for Iran but nonetheless an effective F-U on the way to Valhalla.... or whatev.

kellory likes this.
  2. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Kinda what I was thinking. Perhaps a localized effect of EMP but hit a high density population center and while we'd make Iran flat and glow in the dark, the overall effect on our morale would be...less than pleasant.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, but Obummer, Shummer and a whole lot of Democrats would be nothing but "Glow in the Dark" dust..... Might almost be worth the Trade Off..... Just think'en....

4. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

We've seen the result of having a couple of 747's flown into the WTC and Pentagon ( supposedly, but I'll not get into that ).
    The Patriot Act, NDAA ( indefinite detention ), the rise of Homeland Security and TSA, NSA surveillance - the explosive increase in the size of .gov..

Can you imagine how they would use an attack like that to completely finish off what's left of the Constitution..

5. Yard Dart

Well God I hope it does not happen, but if it ever did.... I hope they hit DC :D

tulianr likes this.
  6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

;)
    They would never use an attack or the fear of an attack against its citizens, would they?

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

We really should have a sarcasm smiley.;)

oldawg and ColtCarbine like this.
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

D.C. without electricity....how would the politicians cope without teleprompters?!

9. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

DC without politicians...how will the rest of us cope without Nanny? Wait, I thought for .000000001 second and came up with the answer.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a NOTE, here: they were NOT 747s but 757 and 767s..... Big difference in sizes, between them.....

11. Yard Dart

Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama | Mobile Washington Examiner

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7