Iran's president questions Holocaust

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Dec 14, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

One more thing to add to the world melee
    from http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=26783

Oil In Euros
    Enriched Uranium
    Say Israel should be "wiped off map"
    Question the magnitude of Holocaust

Looks like somebody is trying to pick a fight...

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsAr...mber=0&summit=

Iran's president questions Holocaust
    Thu Dec 8, 2005 12:12 PM ET
    Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS (Page 1 of 2)

By Paul Hughes
    TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday expressed doubt that the Holocaust occurred and suggested Israel be moved to Europe.

His comments, reported by Iran's official IRNA news agency from a news conference he gave in the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca, follow his call in October for Israel to be "wiped off the map", which sparked widespread international condemnation.

"Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail," IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem?" he said.

"If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."

Historians say six million Jews were killed in the Nazi Holocaust. Ahmadinejad's remarks drew swift rebukes from Israel and Washington.

Raanan Gissin, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said in Tel Aviv that Ahmadinejad was voicing "the consensus that exists in many circles in the Arab world that the Jewish people ... do not have the right to establish a Jewish, democratic state in their ancestral homeland".

"Just to remind Mr. Ahmadinejad, we've been here long before his ancestors were here," Gissin said. "Therefore, we have a birthright to be here in the land of our forefathers and to live here. Thank God we have the capability to deter and to prevent such a statement from becoming a reality."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said: "It just further underscores our concerns about the regime in Iran and it's all the more reason why it's so important that the regime not have the ability to develop nuclear weapons."

ONCE ALLIES

Religious hardliners in Iran do not publicly deny the Holocaust occurred but say its scale has been exaggerated to justify the creation of Israel and continued Western support for it. Continued ...

Close allies when Iran was ruled by the U.S.-backed Shah, Iran and Israel have become implacable foes since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

Israel accuses Iran of giving arms and funding to militant Palestinian groups such as Islamic Jihad and of building nuclear weapons. Iran denies the charges.

Tehran calls Israel a "terrorist state" and has developed missiles which can reach it. It says it would use them if Israel, itself believed to be nuclear-armed, tried to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities.

Earlier in his remarks, the Iranian president, a former Revolutionary Guardsman who won a surprise election victory in June, said:

"The question is, where do those who rule in Palestine as occupiers come from? Where were they born? Where did their fathers live? They have no roots in Palestine but they have taken the fate of Palestine in their hands.

"Isn't the right to national self-determination one of the principles of the United Nations charter? Why do they deprive Palestinians of this right?"

Jews trace their roots in Israel back to Biblical times.

Ahmadinejad concluded his remarks by reiterating Iran's proposal that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict be resolved via a referendum of all the inhabitants of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank as well as Palestinian refugees in neighboring countries.

"Whatever they decide will be accepted by all humanity. This is a clear democratic solution which is based on international principles," he said.

(Additional reporting by Jeffrey Heller in Jerusalem)

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. [beer]

And I too wish Israel to be dismantled.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

IIRC Iranians were originally a Caucasion race on not an Arab one.

This does make for some interesting times. The US cannot afford to let anyone in the mid-east have Nuke capabilities. I think that Israel should be limited in that area as well. Way to volatile, way to hot...

The US ™ has really lost status points in the world markets this past decade. I think Israel is going to look to take things in their own hands in the future. Especially after this type of sword rattling. I think the Israli/Iran thing has the potential to change the shape of the modern world in a hurry. IIRC Israel is months away from Nukes.

I think, IMHO, that the US will shotly be dismissed in international affairs. We have shown ourselves to be a Bully and I think that now that Japan and China are starting to trade in the Euro, we will be left behind in future 'negotiations'

Dollar is way down. PMs are up at near 25 yr highs and the Asian markets boost them while we sleep. I think the US is losing control

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Plausible deniability if Israel starts a war with Iran. The US jumps in to save the day, and another ethnic cleansing is well on its way. China and Russia step up their alliance, and we have a real commie vs. democracy standoff once again.

'twill be interesting.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Could be thats for sure

6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Israel warns Iran... :evil:
    Iran warns Israel... :evil:
    North Korea warns South Korean... :evil:
    US warns North Korea... :evil:
    Japan warns China... :evil:
    China warns Japan... :evil:
    US warns China... :evil:
    Syria warns Israel... :evil:
    Venezuela warns US... :evil:
    Russia warns US... :evil:
    Greenspan warns US.... ;)
    Mother Nature warns everyone..... :D

Sheesh!.... I'm sure I left some out.... but there sure is alot of huffing and puffing going on these days.... whether its land, resources, nuclear, military, trade or currency.... seems like all someone has to do is sneeze and everyone will reach for their arsenals.... all we need is one "oops".... pretty scary times.... good idea to keep one eye on things and another on making sure you're ready for anything....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7