Irish lurker emerges:

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wildGoose, May 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Might add a helo to your preps....:rolleyes:

2. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Magic in thy veins,
    Metaphor marks the poet,
    As deeds marketh man.

Delighted at your hail tacmotusn :)
    Don't know what it is about empires but the tend to tyranny when their power wanes.

Quite so, if only.
    I guess I could buy a lotto ticket, but then gambling not my bag.

Hey thanks buddy,
    health and wealth to you too :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
    tacmotusn likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Or, become good friends with a pilot, like @Cruisin Sloth .;) he is both informative and helpful. You (might) be able to reach some understanding with him. (Just a thought)

wildGoose likes this.
  4. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Ah the sage, yes, I study his posts frequently, in order to fully appreciate his insight; but in honesty I only perceive the tip of the iceberg, in other words much of the complexity he discusses is lost on me: but I'm getting there.
    Unfortunately the only pilots I know are back in France so that's a non-starter, 'sides I kind of prefer earth and water to air and fire.

kellory likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@wildGoose Welcome, sir! I've a soft spot for folks from the Emerald Isle as my family (Scots/Irish) came from there. As best as I can figure out, some Scots from our clan took Mr. Churchill's offer (or someone's offer) and moved to Northern Ireland early on then moved to around Galway at some point in time. Seems I had a granddad of sorts that had to leave the country for reasons that are vague and - for better or worse - that is how we came to America. I took a motorcycle tour completely around Ireland and loved the place. I also use to run around with the Irish in Stuttgart, Germany and shared many a bad heads the next morning going off to work...

From what you said, this location sounds far from optimum. Was it chosen specifically for security? Personally, I would not put much into it until you can locate and ensure a fresh water source. Perhaps a well? Suppose you would have to dig by hand (difficult but not impossible) or perhaps rent some equipment to assist. I'm sure you have thought of this yourself but I'm just thinking out loud here...

wildGoose likes this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

You planning on mercing out mate? Wild Geese indeed. Welcome to the mad house.

wildGoose likes this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

wildGoose likes this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Your welcome my friend....

9. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Hey buddy :)
    That's quite a back-story you got there. Yep, it's a nice place to visit during summer, a tad expensive mind you. The place is small enough you can get anywhere within 7 hours or so but the weather tends to be wet and windy.

I've spent a time in Germany, oh the girls of Munster, and Berlin, and Dusseldorf, and Koln *sighs

The location is about as far south of optimum as you can get.
    Believe it or not I never really gave security (by that I think you mean weaponry?) any thought whatsoever.

My first recon of the place will hopefully happen later this year, I'll get a few pH readings and soil samples, this will allow me to plan a garden.

10. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Hey nice to meet ya :)
    Forgive me, "mercing out"?

AxesAreBetter and Ganado like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Becoming a mercenary soldier, "Soldier of Fortune" if you will.

"XXXX dollars a month and found."

wildGoose and AxesAreBetter like this.
  12. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Ah, I see, Yeh, I suppose, in a manner of speaking, but I would characterise my aspiration as more Thoreau than Rambo :)

13. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Hey gog, thanks :)
    I'm reasonably down on my states, for some strange reason, so the State of Jefferson snagged my mind; the NY Daily News calls you guys "gun totin' rebel separatists"; but you can't always believe what you read in the paper.
    Delighted to make your regard sir, I too have strong successionist tendencies, but for me mainland Europe and its corrupt edifices are the problem.

14. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Same problems, different continents.

wildGoose likes this.
  15. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Welcome Sir / Son
    I only do speak of power / RE/EV stuff here. As for Helios , I have my own Forum of 600+ AME's & divot makers (pilots) I is both ! so enjoy the Monkey .
    Ask any question in RE , but the answer might / will hurt , but be true. .
    Jerseyman from CI in Canukland
    Sloth

16. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Hey CS, delighted to meet you sir :)
    Well sir, I am smart enough to know I know not enough, so I'll be holding off on the questions until I learn a bit more, except perhaps concerning some of the acronyms you use...RE is renewable energy right, and Helios is helicopter?
    What is EV, and AMEs?
    Anyway it's a pleasure :)

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Electric Voltaic = Solar Panels of making power of DC watts.
    Solar Collectors for the making of heat has way more math from onsite readings , so to answer any question , you must supply lots of info .
    I have both systems & have hot showers for both sloths here , plus laundry.
    Helios are Helicopters & AME is Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Solar is a blast , and to start , you need few tools to learn the math & win .
    I lost many at the start not knowing the real math .
    Fictional math is like Car / womans / mens Magazine , nobody really looks like that 24/7.

Sloth

kellory, BTPost and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  18. wildGoose

wildGoose Monkey

Thanks for the info buddy. Yep, I'm going to need to plan carefully.
    Plus the sun here is unreliable so I'll have to take that into consideration.
    Lots to think about, more to learn.

Went out West for a weekend surfing. Really beautiful there.

Ganado likes this.
  19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Welcome, I cant imagine surviving on a rock with no trees. But you will most likely have to start on high ground and dig an underground rock house like a Modern Cave. Years ago we had a guy in the States here who was building and selling Davis caves. These were caves carved out of rock into hill sides and mountains. The big three were mentioned, water, food , shelter. With no wood the shelter is going to be rock or dirt if there is any. Finding a good source of clean drinking water. The Ocean can provide a lot of food but not everything. Winter time would be just plain brutal and most likely why no one lives on these rocks now.

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly