Irma and some changing perspectives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M118LR, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@M118LR the images you create make me laugh ...hope you have your rubber duck survival floaty ;D
    [​IMG]

Motomom34, M118LR and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'd like to see all of the new clan.

M118LR likes this.
  3. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

That's not exactly how you enter into the "Invisible Empire Of The South" that's why they are invisible.

the-ku-klux-klan.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Depends on the tides. If it's high tide and rising...... pretty danged bad situation.
    But if my AO floods, there'd better be an Ark nearby.
    I live well up on one of North Florida's volcanic ridges.
    No worries.

M118LR and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nah, Talking about all your 4 legged fur baby's your babysitting.

M118LR likes this.
  6. M118LR

If I remember, when the gangs all here. I'll ask one of the tech wienies to snap a few pics.

7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I am waiting until the track solidifies on Saturday morning. Once I know where it be going, I will head west to Tampa or stay put. All depends on where the eye will track.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Andrew, the last cat 5 to nail Miami, had an 18' storm surge, IIRC, and the sea bottom muck was deposited as far as 4+ miles inland. I drove through he devestation headed to what was my home. I will never forget that storm.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

How many amps plug in do you need for the camper?

M118LR likes this.
  10. M118LR

Little Sister started up from West Palm a 0400 this mourning, it's after 1830 and they still aren't here. Nice orderly evacuation? Well at least I've had time to board up Thing 3's place. Just got off the roof, so now the gutters are clean. Wonder how many shingles will still be attached after Irma, the Toro vac/blower only generates 100 mile an hour breeze. Hope all the other Monkeys across Florida are all snuggled in like bugs in a rug. Thing 1 was boarding up Her Place today, so it looks like She cancelled the Panama City Reservations with this latest track change. Guess I'll have a couple less Chiwinies, not to mention the Pitbull, to babysit. Thing 2 got expelled from Fort Stewart with the rest of the evacuees, She's headed up to Carolina on the Government Dole. So that's 2 Labs & 2 Grandchildren less that I'll be responsible for. COMNAVKITCHENSINK got Her orders to Virginia canceled, so it may work out that it's only US two Old Folks weathering out the storm. Years ago that's how all the little things seemed to happen, perhaps the loss of electricity nowadays might not be filled with such perils! LOL Sorry if I've been posting on an off hours schedule, the last 96 have been a bit busy, I'm just not the man I was in 69. Got about 72 to get my own properties squared away, then it's time for chips & dip at the Hurricane Party! Be safe fellow Florida Monkeys.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7