Is coffee > bananas?

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Alanaana, May 13, 2023.

?
  1. Always coffee!

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. It's bananas!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ribeye please!

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Bacon's what I'm makin!

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I decided to harvest a rack of bananas and it required a ladder and a strong banana rack catcher. Thankfully, only 1 banana escaped in the process.

I think it weighs a good 20lbs!

The bananas were so heavy that I set my coffee down and caught a chicken sipping on it and wiping her beak off. I better make a new cup!

chelloveck, Ura-Ki, natshare and 4 others like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

And a helper chicken!

I love your deck. Did you do it yourself?

Ura-Ki, Alanaana and Meat like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I want to vote for all four.

Ura-Ki, Alanaana, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good pics. Happy girl.

Ura-Ki, Alanaana and Hanzo like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I gave up coffee years ago, and haven't eaten bananas in a long time. So, I voted for BACON!!

Gray Wolf, Ura-Ki, Meat and 3 others like this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you very much! Yes, it's built out of scrap wood and materials. I 3D printed the connectors for the dome part of it. Not my best work, but it stays dry and it's strong. About 2 years old and seems to be handling the elements. I would have built a prettier floor if it wasn't scrap materials.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    jukk0u, 3M-TA3, Hanzo and 4 others like this.
  7. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thank you! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hanzo, Seawolf1090 and Meat like this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Excellent choice! Bacon's the best! I'm impressed that you gave up coffee. I'm still addicted, but have been drinking a little more tea to lower my coffee intake.

Hanzo, Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I like my coffee. Two in the morning and one after my afternoon nap, lol. I take a nap. Old people.

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Cofveve for me, no iIffs, Ands, or Buts, no Cofveve, no Ura-Ki, thems da rules!
    I don't get along with Nanners, not that i don't like them, just not a big fan!
    Bacon, yes please, and Rib-Eye, only if it's on the BBQ!

jukk0u, Hanzo, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  11. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

3M-TA3, Hanzo, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  12. Seawolf1090

My doc wanted me to avoid caffein, for heart and BP reasons. Decaf just ain't the same. When I was working, a coworker and I would take our morning coffee breaks at 10AM, became a ritual for years. But I had no problem dropping it. Never got "addicted". Since I'm disabled and homebound, getting fresh veggies/fruit is difficult, so no bananas. But I like certain banana-flavored foods I order online.

Alanaana, Hanzo, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

#1-COFFEE! I have coffee in my preps! I would kill for coffee!
    #2-BACON! When you've said "Bacon", you've said it ALL!
    #3- RIBEYE! Well done with a baked potato and salad!
    #4- Banana! Peanut butter and banana sandwich, banana and Nutella and banana-nut bread!

Alanaana, Seawolf1090 and Hanzo like this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Can I pick your brains on this? I want to put one up on the cheap too.

3M-TA3 and Alanaana like this.
  15. Seawolf1090

When I was a kid, we made Banana & Mayo sandwiches. Sounds weird, but actually tasted good. Pineapple & Mayo sandwiches are good too.

Alanaana and Hanzo like this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Just chopped a banana tree down today too. My bunch smaller that yours, @Alanaana.

Alanaana likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So you saying anything is good with Mayo?

Alanaana and CraftyMofo like this.
  18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

YES!

Alanaana, CraftyMofo and Hanzo like this.
  19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Coffee wires me so bad that I have to duct tape my mouth shut to keep my foot out of it. Banana while healthy are also a carb bomb so even though I like them, I try to avoid them. Give me the RIBEYE!

Hanzo and Alanaana like this.
  20. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Very nice! I'll have to chop this one like you. I think the trick I discovered is bananas love mulch. I collect fallen leaves, some green waste and fertilizer and mix them together. There's also a tree in which the wild flock roosts in and I collect the droppings and mix it all together and keep it covered. Every once in awhile I'll let it get rained on the stir it until the pile gets nice and steamy. Once it's rich and cool. I cover the base of the bananas and they like it. I think your bananas will get bigger and better each year!

Hanzo likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Avocado_tree

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Media

You're_fat

But you're good fat!
  6. Alanaana
    I love the end of summer.
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Smells heavenly
  10. Alanaana
    Avocadoes
  11. Alanaana
    I think it's 20lbs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Is coffee better than bananas?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    Sugarloaf White Pineapples are my favorite!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 11, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle Vibes

This is the driveway at the front of my property.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
    Media

Bananas

It's Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7