Is Globalism Dying? Canada - EU Trade Deal Collapses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

'I am very sad': Freeland walks as last-ditch Canada-EU trade talks collapse

"
    Last-ditch efforts to salvage Canada's trade deal with the European Union appear to have collapsed Friday, as International Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland walked out of talks with the regional government of Wallonia.

The region has been blocking the deal that was supposed to be signed next week.

"Canada worked really hard, and me personally, I worked very hard," she said in French, expressing Canada's disappointment — as well as her own — at this turn of events.

"It's become evident for me, for Canada, that the European Union isn't capable now to have an international treaty even with a country that has very European values like Canada. And even with a country so nice, with a lot of patience like Canada."
    "

Let's hope there's no "last minute" deal in the morning tomorrow.

MG

Motomom34, mysterymet, stg58 and 3 others like this.
  2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Globalism taking hits on all sides. Loving it !!!!

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Defeat always sounds sexier in French...

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, GhostX and 3 others like this.
  4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Globalism is like a local spending referendum no matter how many times it is voted down they keep repackaging it with new "facts" altered cost estimates and benefit projections[BSf] until it passes.

3M-TA3, Motomom34 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

^^^^
    They certainly keep trying! Don't they? :cautious:

3M-TA3 likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I thought it had until the 27th to be signed?

Ganado likes this.
  7. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

as long as there super greedy rich people out there it will not stop they want everything

8. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I would LOVE to believe that the tyranny euphemistically referred to as "globalism" is fizzling out.

But let's be real and keep it in context, people. This is one trade deal. Don't make it out to be more than it is. Even the Brexit is a minor annoyance for the globalists in the wider scheme of what they have planned.

It's naive and dangerous is to interpret any little defeat as a sign that globalism is on its knees and soon we'll be back to Freedom & Liberty for all.

They have much bigger plans and are not going to quit. They also want you to think they are not a threat so it will be easier to achieve their ultimate goal of controlling everything and everyone.

If you think "globalism is dying" then you took the bait and are a complete dupe.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

[winkthumb]
    I agree many are duped, but they may be wise to remain hopeful, too. Despite the machinations of global conquest and endless insidious planning of the unscrupulous masters of deceit, the average person vastly outnumbers them. We should never forget that we hold all the power, and the most they ever do is try to convince us it's the other way around. This said, we ought to recognize that we are headed on a path that can not be avoided.

Ganado likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Good.

11. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Freeland departs Belgium after one more Canada-EU free trade deal meeting

Freeland walked away from the talks on the verge of tears, saying the EU appeared incapable of signing the deal, and that she was going home.

On Saturday, Freeland and Schulz addressed reporters after the meeting, but didn't take questions.

A weary-looking Freeland nodded as Schulz said he was optimistic the EU would be able to solve its internal problems. At one point, Freeland appeared to stifle a sigh.

"The problems on the table are European problems," Schulz said. "I checked once more the position of the Canadian government and I'm very optimistic that we can solve the problems that we have within the European Union."

12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Almost EVERY thing sounds sexy in french!!!

13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

upload_2016-10-22_16-16-29.

Brokor and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Read about your real GNP :
    Canaries In Extremis, by Robert Gore

Were still in the same boat , just canadians are getting raped better over you folks south .
    Price out the cost to live up here & you will flip.

All because mother England reaps all the wealth

Sloth

3M-TA3 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7