Is It “Anti-Faith” To Prepare

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Yard Dart, Aug 29, 2013.

1. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Could you possibly be referring to James where he says “What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Why would my GOD, have his Angels, making notes of my deeds, done here on earth, if Deeds have no bearing on Salvation? If Faith is all that is required, what is the need for a record of our Deeds, Good or Bad? Why would it be that my GOD wants Parents to raise a Richous Generation, if all one needs is Personal Faith in ones GOD? All good questions, one needs to answer, to begin a Personal Relationship with your GOD.... .... My belief... YMMV....

Silversnake likes this.
  3. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

In my understanding, and I do not claim any divine manifestation of supreme knowledge, the Apostle James is stating that if you have true believing, saving, faith that it will pour out into your life in the form of godly deeds.

Reading Job and other places it is more than apparent that man's righteousness is vastly eclipsed by even the merest shadow of God's nature. So using reason it is not our deeds that save us but rather our salvation that results in deeds.

So deeds or works do not result in a saving relationship with God, but rather a true saving relationship with God has the natural consequence of godly deeds. We don't have to be "good enough for God" in order to be saved but rather trust in Jesus Christ for our "positional relationship with God." Jesus was always good and as the Bible says and when God looks at us he sees us in Christ, if we are truly trusting in Him. Everything we do in life plays out from that relationship.

Sapper John, BTPost and Yard Dart like this.
  4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I think it was Joseph with God's help who interpreted the leader's dream that it meant to stock up on the currently plentiful food for the famine that would be coming? That to me seems to indicate that God believes in prepping.

5. soraya7777

soraya7777 Monkey

when I approached my Christian friends and siblings I expected to be encouraged to have a plan. Through out history evil came in great waves of persecution for the Christians. Some were warriors and some laid down to die, I choose to be a warrior and by doing this I can be around to help others either by teaching them the truth or helping them survive. Some survivors will be non believers heaven forbid and we need to help them be believers before its too late for them. I know I sound like a fanatic and that's why Im on this forum and not another. Also, tell the haters faith without actions is worthless. By taking actions, spending money we don't have,using precious time to plan for things unseen we are showing faith. If we didn't have faith that god was going to use us in his plan we would sit and watch t.v. all day long. I have faith that since a child god has been preparing me through not so pleasant experiences to make me strong enough for what lies ahead. I hope I can find friends through this site that feel the urgency to plan a meeting place or a way to communicate through a certain frequency used in walkie talkies. There is power in numbers...gangs know it, the army and other law enforcement know it but for some reason Christians seem to think that the rapture is going to take them away and there is no reason to congregate. When I point out sure signs of communism, death camps for Christians,muslim ties in obamas circle of influence my christian friends say very casually as they watch t.v. "oh yah I heard something about that but god is in control". It says in the bible what we will be facing this is the final battle! Pure evil will be embedded in the ones carring out these orders. Woman and children torn apart and murdered for not taking the sign of the beast. 25 yeaars ago I could hardly find a person who didn't believe in god, now when I go out(I like to sing karaoke,lol) I can hardly find a person that believes in god as a trinity. You know what that means...that means that Christians need to wake up and smell the coffee because we have a hell of a lot of work to do as gods people. We cant do it if we are persecuted right away, we need to survive, we need to help God. Remember the angels rejoice when a soul is saved so when a non believer dies without being saved can you imagine the sadness in heaven. Not being a preparer to me is abandoning our purpose .

I am excited that I was chosen to live and fight for what I believe in. I hope I can find others in Kern County California to be my friends through all this.

By faith we can be saved but the bible says some will enter the gates of heaven, some will see god, some will inherit the earth.
    The bible says that heaven has more then one gate. This is way beyond our thinking ability but I believe that by faith you are saved but your actions on earth determine where you will be after you are saved.

Our acts are recorded and Jesus is our advocate on judgement day : that's what the bible says, and Im sorry I don't remember what verse

What do you mean about your parents raising a righteous generation?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    Sapper John and fmhuff like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

One of the nice things about being an atheist is that i have no god dogma knickers to get in a twist with respect to prepping and self sufficieny.

Not having a god or gods to worship and adulate, i don‘t have to worry about offending some non existent supernatural entity‘s sensitivities should i have no faith in his/her/their/its "plan" for me.

As far as i‘m concerned,my survival is my responsibility, and the onus is on me to prepare accordingly. In the event that a supernatural interventionist god like entity exists, I will have saved it the bother of providing me with succor, and enable it to concentrate on the really important prayers of those filling out their lotto coupons.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    tulianr likes this.
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

There you go chell. Being a Methodist myself your last paragraph lines up with my beliefs just fine. My bible tells me I'm charged with the physical well being of myself and mine. In my church it would be "anti-faith" to NOT be a prepper. Those that lay around waiting on God to provide for their physical needs should go back to Genesis and start reading from there. Can't seem to find anywhere in the bible where God cares a wit about trivial things such as lottery tickets.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

That reminds me of a blonde joke my mother heard. This blonde chick kept asking God why she hadn't had her prayers to win the lottery answered. And finally God spoke to her about it and said "Work with me. BUY A TICKET!"

BTPost, oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Gopherman likes this.
  10. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Good cites here, to which I'll add;
    And ye shall eat old store long kept, and ye shall bring forth the old because of the new.
    Leviticus 26:10

In other words; Rotate your preps !

Gopherman, Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  11. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

A wise man once said"The man who is unprepared, is an unprepared man."
    Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, Not only did he overcome that, he was the reason the people survived the 7 year famine by storing grain, and his brothers would have died had he not saved them! Joseph sounds like a prepper to me.

PS What about Noah? My Brother if God is speaking to you, you'd better listen! The Spirit put it on my heart last November and you better believe I'm listening! The time for the turkey to move his head is before the Ax falls, after is too late!![flm]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7