is self-defense worth it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beast, May 27, 2011.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

It's ok for the gov't to pre-empt.. got it.. [loco]

2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yeah they took them off a few months ago ,wish I had kept one .

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Fist of all the first shot to the punk only grazed his head. He went down but was NOT out. When Mr. Ersland returned to the store after chasing off the other punk he testifies that the punk on the floor was moving and that he was afraid he was getting up and was going to start shooting. He grabs another gun and walks back, looking for a weapon in the punks hands, the punk moans and moves and instincts take over and he empties the second gun into the thug.

Tell me how that can be 1st degree murder. BS! Even manslaughter would have been a miscarriage of justice. No one else was there to witness the event, even the camera cannot see the punk on the floor and no one can see inside this mans head. He was confronted with a violent situation and he reacted. People can Monday morning quarterback all day long but unless you were there and in his head then you, and certainly a jury, HAS to take his word for it. HE was the victim here not the low life POS punk on the floor.

But you have to understand the political and the racial aspect of this. If the perp had of been a white crackhead none of this would have happened. I guarantee it. Oklahoma has a huge gang problem and a radical black population that sees everything as racist.The sentiment has been to appease them and keep them from rioting. A few years ago, after an almost yearly rioting and vandalizing spree (called homecoming for Langston University) a black gangbanger was arrested and was to be tried in Logan County. The black thugs from OKC filled the courtroom and started a riot, overturning benches and breaking out windows. What did the Logan County Sherriff's do? They turned the punk loose.

If this man had of rightfully been exonerated then OKC would have erupted into another Watts or LA type rioting. I say great, let it happen, call it target practice!

But instead of putting their collective foot down the LEO"s, legal beagles and politico's of Oklahoma cower and piss their pants and throw an innocent man under the bus. I am so glad I don't live there anymore.

Just go to the linked stories and read the vitriolic crap that these black thugs are spouting. There is dancing in the streets on MLK Blvd.

I don't think this will do one bit of good, not with this cowardly, Washington owned, prositician governor, but it is worth a shot.

Friends Start Petition To Free Jerome Ersland - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Friends and co-workers of pharmacist and convicted murderer Jerome Ersland say a life sentence is too harsh a sentence.

A jury convicted Ersland Thursday of first-degree murder. Ersland shot 16-year-old Antwun Parker six times when Parker and another teenager tried to rob Reliable Pharmacy in May 2009.

Ersland's friends want the governor to step into the case and lessen the pharmacist's life sentence, so they've started a petition. They say it's not fair that he's been locked up when he was just trying to defend his co-workers and himself.

Karen Monahan stood outside Reliable Pharmacy Friday, waving the petition. Friends, customers, and complete strangers stopped to sign it.

"I want to do something about it," said Monahan. "He's over there locked up with the men who sent those kids to the pharmacy."

tacmotusn and Brokor like this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

There goes the neighborhood. :D

Poor fire control discipline?

As he was so preoccupied emptying his firearms; he forgot to consider "what if" the ding dong had a buddy.
    I hope "getting a second handgun" doesn't mean he turned his back on a person who was in dire need of being shot to get it.

5. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Is there another video that corroborates this story? Any other testimony that we haven't heard? There were other workers there, but they cleared out of the way. What does their testimony sound like? Did he shoot the wounded kid in the back or front 6 times?

If what you say is true and the only evidence is the posted video here and Ersland's testimony, I see this being overturned on appeal.

Also of interest is the age of the kids. I say "kids" because they were kids. As Brokor pointed out, the 8 female jurors would certainly see things differently involving kids than most us male Monkeys sitting around talking about it.

If I was in OK, I would sign that petition.

FREE ERSLAND!

This is interesting:

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-judge-bass-lesure-story,0,5984988.story

This makes me sick:
    http://209.157.64.200/focus/news/2577467/posts
    Really? A "hero"? We can now conduct armed robbery and be touted as a hero. Antwun is no Robin Hood...

Assuming that Momma is right, and he was coerced, would a hero go ahead and rob the place or stand up to the people trying to coerce him? Hero? Uhm.... I think not.

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Again, from memory of seeing many videos including one indicated to be complete and all inclusive. When he returned with the second gun, he fire a shot or two from a distance, and then walked up to the downed man and emptied the gun while standing right over him. The man was on his back or side and no weapon was visable. In fact this man never had a gun at all.
    I think it could have been handled better, but I was not there and it was not me. Anyone who has not capped someone in a situation like this should not judge. jmho

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I don't think it would have made any difference how the jury judged him ...... if they would have found him innocent of murder, the feds would have filed charges against him .... the Big O is pushing this kind of "justice" since he took office .....

Anyone remember how the Big O immediately sided with that black college professor against the white cop doing his job?

You're totally screwed if you get hauled into court ..........

9. beast

beast backwoodsman

welcome to the obamanation
    CYOA people or he'll pork ya

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Exactly! Nor does one want to forget the "New Black Panther" thugs armed with Batons or night sticks who were charged by the Justice Department for Voter Intimidation until the Obummer abomination administration put a halt to it. We can't be sending the wrong message to our people don't you know.[loco][bow][bow][bow]You gotta show proper [respect]to Lord Obummer !!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7