Is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by larryinalabama, Nov 12, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Antenna Tower

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Can't make the link work....

3. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

ttp://bham.craigslist.org/for/3359584852.html

larryinalabama likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Shows the tower sections on a trailer, I assume 10 foot lengths, triangular cross section. Nothing to go with that I can see. There's some of what appears to be minor rust. I have no idea what it's worth.

5. BTPost

If it is Rohn 25G, they go for, around $50US for a 10 Ft Section.... You remove from site....

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Does this help? 3E53Gb3k25I15G15H1can5d79216f856e1d06. 3k23Le3Ma5I35K15H8can2d2fad4e427612c2.

7. BTPost

Looks like 60 ft of Rohn 25G tower, including a Top Section?... What is the owner asking?

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Antenna Tower - $250 (Pell City)

9. BTPost

It is a Steal at that price, if you need a Tower....

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Thanks for the help fellers, Im trying to get ahold of the guy.

11. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i have one of these towers in Lousiana ... what can i use it for ... what kinda radio antenna can i put on it ???
    anyone have anything local they want to trade for it ???

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It might be used for a TV antenna, or a ham antenna, or a home weather station. Or all the above. A flag pole, even. How tall is it?

Brokor likes this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

A moonraker 4 perhaps? [touchdown]

i1000434.
    i1000434.

14. BTPost

15. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As I do not see them in the picture you'll need some accessories from Rohn:

"base bolts" ($10 to $20) which are set into the concrete base and hold the base plate ($250) to the ground. Tower section bolts and unless you know some one with crane, a gin pole to put it up.

As there isn't an accessory shelf, the present owner had a vertical antenna or an in line rotor.

Also, depending on the wind load of the antenna, Rohn 25G 45G etc are considered guyed towers by Rohn: ROHN Towers, Poles and Antennas | ROHN Products, LLC

I live on a mountain where I have recorded 63 MPH wind; so wind load and icing are serious considerations.

However, it is still one heck of a deal.

16. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I'm in the process of putting one of these now. There is a small shop in Michigan called Norm's Fabrication that has bases, brackets, etc for the Rohn towers that are as good or better than Rohn and significantly cheaper. Bought a hinged base from Norm just 2 weeks ago. Normsfab.com

Hit Lowes, Menards, Home Depot etc for anchor bolts, same size bolts can be found much cheaper than Rohn. Check out the website link that Tikka provided and check self supporting tower link from that page. You can set up this tower for 30-40 feet without guys or if you use a house bracket. The website has all the loads, installation guidelines etc.

Good luck.
    AT

17. BTPost

Just a note here... Most. Rohn towers can be self supporting up to 40 ft, and if you bracket them at 20 ft to a building they can go up to 80 ft, without guy wires. I have an 80 ft Rohn, bracketed to a building at 30 ft, that has gone thru 140 Knot storms and is still standing strong. It all depends on how the base is designed, and anchored.

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Don't forget the wind load of the antenna.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7