IS this even America anymore?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Thunder5Ranch, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

2. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Bet no one's going f with him he'll with dirty looks he better come up with the LOOK like this.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Free Speech is JUST THAT, FREE SPEECH... The Principle takes No Responibility for his actions, except to say, Th e kid can come back to school... The Police take No responcibility for anything eithet, because they have to investigate... So what would they have done, IF there was an AR15 in the kids House, and if he was gifted it by his Dad, or Uncle? He commited NO Crime, and he can legally posses that FireArm, and since it was inside his Residence, fully Covered by the 2nd Ammendment SCOTUS Precident of Heller & McDonald.. Even if it was Loaded, it would STILL be covered FULLY... So much BS... I wonder if the Police had a. warrant, to search? The story doesn’t tell us about how they conducted the search... Was there a 4th Ammendment Violation? If a warrant was applied for, I would have been ALL OVER the Judge for abuse of Process... for signing. the warrant, in the First Place...

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Darn BT, you're getting cranky in your old age. I have a friend that demanded a jury trial for a simple speeding ticket. The judge told him"you understand this really is just a $100.00 fine?" and Rick told him," And you do understand that as a citizen, I am intitled to a trial by my peers for any crime that I might be accused of?" The judge dismissed it.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Smart Judge... he knew it was a losing proposition, cause the Fine wouldn't begin to cover the cost of the trial... can't make any money that way...

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Perfect case for the ACLU.

Thunder5Ranch, tacmotusn and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's definetly America , it's just not the America I grew up in , the one I pledged Allegiance to every morning at school , the America I once swore to protect from all terrorist's , foreign and domestic . Today , it seems , I am the terrorist . Because of the belief's and principles I was taught and raised on throughout my life . These belief's and principles are not what's being taught today. These kid's today are pissing away the best opportunity they've got in the whole world .

DuxDawg, DKR, Thunder5Ranch and 6 others like this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

To answer your question, "Is this even America anymore?", no it is not.

I knew I was in for some shocks when I finally returned after living my adult life abroad but I never expected crap like I've seen/heard in the past 3 years that I have been back. What portion of our government can we believe in? What portion has not abused their positions and/or lied to us? All three branches of government have their own agendas and none of those agendas are for the people. Our leading Law Enforcement can no longer be trusted. They passed a tax law which was long over do to help the economy and corporations so they pat themselves on the back but what about the people? What happened to our 10% Flat Tax? It will never happen...instead we get mumbo-jumbo tax code that is as ridiculous as it is verbose. The people are divided. The entire world hates us. We continue to build a military that far exceeds our needs so that we can police the world and all the funding comes from us, the taxpayers. Why can't we keep a little bit more of our own money instead? And, I don't mean some bullshit amount like a few hundred dollars, some real money. They act like I have been done a favor force to pay only 19% for long-term gains even though I took 100% of the risk. One can't even build a reasonable size shed to hold firewood on one's own land without a permit. You're sued if you look cross-eyed at someone. Administrative and bureaucracy nightmares on damn near everything and anything...

BAH! America is dead. Long live Amerika! The 'Land of the Free' died a long time ago...and it ain't coming back.

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70, techsar and 6 others like this.
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

@Bandit99 You got it... The land of the slaves and the home of the sheeple. Might have to change that song to reflect modern times???

So sad that this is the majority now.

SB21, Ura-Ki, Bandit99 and 1 other person like this.
  10. duane

duane Monkey+++

In Massatwoshits it is all done by propaganda and innuendo. If you have legally an AR15, a 22, a Springfield 03, and a 12 gauge double barreled shotgun, and a few hundred rounds of ammo, and the police raid your place because one of your liberal commie neighbors saw you shoot a poor woodchuck in your garden and feels "threatened", the 6 o-clock news states local man found with arsenal. No mention made that everything was legal and you committed no crime, just you are guilty of extreme anti social behavior. There is a law on the books that makes it a mandatory 1 year in jail if caught with a firearm in your car without all the required permits. Isn't enforced, but hangs over your head, all kinds of laws on magazines, firearm ID cards, transferring weapons, etc, and the individual who wishes to have a gun faces all kinds of problems, and yet hardly a day goes by that our darker complexioned friends in all the "inner cities" don't have drive by shootings or some other incident. You can buy an illegal firearm on the streets of Boston cheaper than you can buy same firearm in a gun store legally and everyone knows that the ones for sale are stolen and really could care less. When the criminals are picked up for any reason and a firearm is involved, than the whole court circus starts and the lawyers and prosecutors play games on what will be the charges. While our Revolutionary War began when the British marched out of Boston to seize the firearms and ammunition of the citizens of Concord and Lexington, etc, in the present day Massatwoshits, the sheriffs and police can with impunity do the same thing and call upon the SWAT teams if you attempt to protect the rights guaranteed in both the state and national constitutions. The answer you will always get is, "I may agree with you, but I am required to uphold the laws of the state and if you disagree, you can go to court and plead your case". Toss the coin, heads, you lose, tails, you lose. and the system keeps the coin.
    Then the left's goal is to spread the system nationwide and disarm us all. You can pass all the laws you wish, the criminals will ignore them and the honest will either lose their weapons or become criminals and be punished.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

The left is trying to stigmatize firearms ownership and cast those who choose to own firearms in an unholy light, as if they're some kind of a social undesirable.

Back in the early 80s I worked with a British woman who constantly referred to all firearms owners as "sickos", probably due to indoctrination from her native country. Now it's happening here, as if the second amendment as a constitutional right doesn't even exist.

12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Just yesterday I posted a link in the shoutbox about a convicted pedophile who was sentenced to 300 years in jail. He was released from jail after winning an appeal on the grounds he did not get a speedy trial. That should upset a whole lot of folks, but the truth is we have laws for a reason. I am not going to explain that to you. Figure it out. The Judicial System in this instance failed the people because an inept District Attorney and the Prosecuting Attorney failed to follow the rules they work under. The pedophile if I had named him could probably successfully sue me for slander, because his conviction was thrown out, he cannot be retried on those charges, this was his first conviction, and he did not even have to register as a sexual predator. This is nothing you can really fix by legislation. jmho
    Serial Pedophile With 300 Year Sentence Freed on Technicality, Won't Have to Register as Sex Offender

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  13. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Still America? Maybe, we just need more Americans.

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yes, it is still America.
    [​IMG] I think people tend to forget that America is still very young compared to other countries. While we are young, we are advancing rapidly. People seem to want to go back to the 50's or a simpler time but with regression, you lose the advancements. Imagine if America had stayed where it was. Imagine life without internet, pacemakers, microwaves etc.... Each country goes through growing pains and these are ours. People say America is gone but I do not believe it. I am not ready to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Not sure but I believe something has to happen to get people to cherish their country and fellow Americans again.

15. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I suspect this individual will not live a long and happy life in his new found freedom. I know if my kid was one of victims and this was the outcome he would not.

Asia-Off-Grid, Ura-Ki and tacmotusn like this.
  16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

As much as we lament the loss of the America of our youth. Our kids and grandkids are going to say the same.
    Nope, it's not the America we grew up in. It has changed. Some for the better, some for the worse.

Ura-Ki, BTPost and tacmotusn like this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The sad truth is that America is circling the drain! Has been since the end of WW2! It's never going to get better under the current system of corruption! Just look around, nothing but broken promises, lies, and theft of the income and dreams! The average working man has no choice but to continue on until he is completely used up and broken, and the taxes keep getting worse! Take the younger folks, they have massive debt from student loans, wages that do not support the minimum amount to qualify for poverty, housing that is so expensive that they are forced out and into areas where they now have to compete with the poor for the jobs and the housing, and an ever present tax system that crushes the life out of them, forcing them into yet more debt just to survive! If they are lucky, they can save up and move to better digs, and maybe afford to send their kids to a better schools, but it' getting harder every day to get ahead, so they start looking at crime!

America is nothing but a broken dream now, and unless we have a revolution and things actually change, were done! We will never be any thing close to what we were before, and unless drastic change takes place, we will make the last lap around the drain before making the final drop into the abyss of uncertaity and despair! What ever comes out the end of the pipe will not be a country worth living in!

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  18. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Makes a person wonder how long everything will hold together. I was never a big student in school but I was just explaining to my kids today about how we study history and learn from it so we don't make the same mistakes all over again. I look around and so many don't think of this.Including our gov.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

A view !!

Could be mo BS

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What was the dream? Freedom? Opportunity? What have we lost that makes this this country so crappy in your and others opinions? Compared to other countries is America really that bad? Have we hit sh!thole status? What do you folks what from your country. What is the America that you would be happy with?

**I ask this because I plan on introducing this topic to the kids.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7