Is this for real??

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CRC, Nov 7, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like to read news and newspapers online, of other countries....see what they say about the USA.....came across this today......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/humanrights/story/0,,1938474,00.html

Google 'will be able to keep tabs on us all'

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Alexi Mostrous and Rob Evans
    Friday November 3, 2006
    The Guardian

[/FONT]The internet will hold so much digital data in five years that it will be possible to find out what an individual was doing at a specific time and place, an expert said yesterday.
    Nigel Gilbert, a professor heading a Royal Academy of Engineering study into surveillance, said people would be able to sit down and type into Google "what was a particular individual doing at 2.30 yesterday and would get an answer".
    <!-- This site/section combo is not set up to show MPU's -->The answer would come from a range of data, for instance video recordings or databanks which store readings from electronic chips. Such chips embedded in people's clothes could track their movements. He told a privacy conference the internet would be capable of holding huge amounts of data very cheaply and patterns of information could be extracted very quickly. "Everything can be recorded for ever," he said.
    He was speaking at a conference at which a report commissioned by Richard Thomas, the privacy watchdog, was launched. Mr Thomas has said Britain is "waking up to a surveillance society that is all around us" and that such "pervasive" surveillance is likely to spread.
    Sir Stephen Lander, the head of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) and former head of MI5, defended surveillance by the government. "Significant intrusion into the privacy of a small minority is justified to protect the safety and wellbeing of the majority," he said.

<!--Article is not commented: 0 -->

<!-- Start article trailblock widget -->
    <!-- start arttrail trail module -->[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Special report
    Human rights in the UK

Useful links
    Human Rights Act 1998
    European court of human rights
    Lord Chancellor's office
    UN high commissioner for human rights

[/FONT]

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

That seems to be the way we are heading C.
    It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I am a stundent of Bible prophecy and one thing that has always intriqued me is the idea that without a "Mark" no person would be able to buy or sell. Only in our modern world and with our modern technology is that possible.

I and others often catch flak for being right wing conspiracy types. But it is sobering to see things that I have talked to people about years ago, now common place and accepted.

Only 10 or so years ago I was telling people about project Echelon, where the governements of different nations could, and were, monitoring every call made in the country. And anytime one of a list of several hundred marker words or phrases were used the call was automatically recorded.

And later project Carnivore that monitored all e-mail and web activities. And this before any "War on Terror". Now all of this is common knowledge, openly written about in media, and accepted as normal.

A day soon upon us when everything we do can and is monitored and recorded? Not so improbable.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Katherine Albrecht has written and researched extensively on rfid and privacy issues: her site http://www.spychips.com

The technology has been pretty well tested:if we are issued national id smart cards with rfid technology,"they" can track the card anywhere without the holder knowing. however, unless they tag the person, the card could be duct taped to a south boud freight train or carrier pidgeon or sewer rat( but it would probably be ia crime to be separated from your card)...:eek::eek:

4. Minuteman

Interesting site T3. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly when I have time.
    The next logical advancement is bio-metrics. Implantable RFID. Already available.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Additiuonally:
    Seems the UK is dealing with a national id debate today: http://www.privacy.org/pi/activities/idcard/uk/uk-idcard-faq.html

i[FONT=&quot]What if I simply refused to use the card?[/FONT] You will not be required to use a card unless you wish to work, use the banking or health system, vote, buy a house, drive, travel or receive benefits. As Mr Blunkett advised Parliament: "The issuing of a card does not force anyone to use it, although in terms of drivers or passport users, or if services - whether public or private - required some proof of identity before expenditure was laid out, without proof of identity and therefore entitlement to do it I doubt whether non-use of it would last very long."

Here's a really funny national id spoof ( pizza order):YouTube- Ordering Pizza in the Future
    combine this kinda infocollection power, with rfid you can see the danger....

6. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've seen that Pizza one before I think.....didn't link to it....where they tell him his cholesterol count and everything...

I wish my kids wouldn't want kids....I swear...

And I wish I didn't have such an inquisitive nature sometimes.....

:rolleyes:

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

As a late teen, my grandmother warned me not to bring children into this world.

Didn't heed (or really understand at that age) her prophetic warning.

Now... 3 kids later... I watch and worry and protect and hope. Most of all; I hope.

8. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

It's coming and they say we are paranoid. I guess I'll be living as a frozen, diseased, hermit in a cave killing animals with a stick because I can't hold a job, shop at a grocery store, have a home or anything of the like without getting implanted. Sounds like fine livin to me. :D

9. Minuteman

Back to basics! Your at the right place to learn how. See the survival section!

10. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Yep, got to learn those basics. When I think about it, my planned one-way excursion into the wilds of Canada a few years back doesn't seem like it would have been a bad idea.

Knowing my luck though, all members of the military will be the first to receive the 'special' devices. Maybe I could be a groundbreaker and get mine first. Then shortly thereafter be treated in a hospital for digging it out with a Kbar. :D

11. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Truth be told I dont think there would be all that many blanks filled in by it (especialy in large urban areas), the bigest difference would be if it was acessable by the general public or low level LE and such.

Think about it, you go to an ATM to get cash it takes your picture and puts your IDing info on the internet through a 'secured' maner. You use a credit card or debit card to buy anything its the same thing if the shop has a survailence camera. Wright a chech and they run it through their machine to see if you have bad checks out, same thing. Ifthey dont run it it still shows up a day or so later when they deposit it at their bank. You drive through most urban areas and you will have VERY little time you are not seen by some survailence camera and in many large cities trafic cams will record your lisence plates, time and location in some cases as I understand it even to the point that if you are on the a freeway with 60 mph limit and are at 2 points 10 miles apart in 9.5 min they send you a ticket for speeding since even if you were at legal speed at both points you were going to fast in between.

Combine all this with the fact that 'they' admittedly monitor all coms and never generaly openly admit to everything they are or can do based on historyical evidence, and to me it seems obvious that any time they want to they could punch your name/SS# or what ever into a main frame and find out your basic paterns at the very least along with every noncash purchase you made and many ofthe cash purchases, the routes you drive, where you spend time, who you call how often and for how long and what you talk about, add nausium.

We are also already able and it even comes out in the media, to watch the day to day activities at remote desert camps half way around the world from satalites, is there really any doubt that they know everything that goes on here that they have the intrest to look at already?

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

We are also already able and it even comes out in the media, to watch the day to day activities at remote desert camps half way around the world from satalites, is there really any doubt that they know everything that goes on here that they have the intrest to look at already?

Thats' the key, I've installed and watched covert cctv for AFOSI, they "we", taught perspective defense attaches' to expect surveillance in foreign country's and to respond by being boring...( you don't beat the system, you beat the operators)..If you don't horde an arsenal and order "deactivated" grenades, you don't draw the attention of the ATF...

13. yonder

yonder No Despot's Servant

I have a lot of faith in the idea that the dems are going to screw us but good on some of our rights, such as re-introducing a nastier flavor of the AWB.

But they have two years to prove to the voters that they can scratch out itches better than the GOP. Two years before the next election, and the next one is a big one.

We need to keep the pressure up to do things like expose and destroy the NSA warrantless wiretapping system. We need to keep the pressure up to roll back these other pieces of legislation that undermine our essential liberties.

We need to push for new legislation such as Read The Bills Act, Write The Laws Act, a Single Subject Bills Act, and additional measures to increase federal transparency, accountability, and so on.

14. Minuteman

Cool avatar Yonder.

I shall always remember the 5th of November....

Wish I had a transcript of some of the dialoque from that flick. Pretty cool.

15. yonder

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

16. Minuteman

You had that ready and waiting didn't you?

[applaud]

17. yonder

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

18. Minuteman

[bow]

What do you do sit by the DVD with the remote and a writing tablet?

What was this thread about? I don't remember.

19. yonder

Ummm no...

first I go to Google and then I type v for vendetta quotes and then I click on one of the first links that comes up, find one of the cool lines that I loved, I copy from that window and paste into this one.

Technology. Gotta love it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

20. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Hey yonder glad you changed avatars. Currently my favorite movie. Plot setting strongly resembles to our current situation...
    ? authority but try not to draw fire, it pisses off your foxhole buddy.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7