Is this the route of martial law

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by -06, Nov 23, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

When I asked my colleague the Army Colonel why he thinks Obama is doing this, the reply I received from this life-long soldier and Army leader shocked me.

Paraphrasing him, this is what he told me in a nutshell.

He said, most branches of the service routinely engage in war “games” and come up with strategies and tactics on how to handle every type of military conflict and scenario that can be imagined . One of the big new battle scenarios being actively discussed in the military recently is how to handle civil unrest in the U.S. and fighting in the streets. What will the Army do if called in to fight armed civilians in the streets of the United States? How will that urban warfare be conducted? Will troops be able to fire upon other American citizens when the troops take an oath to protect American citizens?

He said many in the military are discussing the very real possibility that Obama will attempt to stay in office beyond two terms. It is being speculated that Obama will do this by declaring a state of martial law. The easiest way to declare martial law is when there is massive civil unrest and riots throughout the U.S. Thus, it is believed that Obama, and his regime, will intentionally create a situation of massive civil unrest. Some believe he has already started to implement that strategy by forcing Obamacare on everyone (when the populace did not ask for it and less than 300 people in power voted for it). Perhaps the Obama Administration is not too concerned over the totally dysfunctional Obamacare website and the additional fact that millions will be dropped from their existing insurance policies which they already had and liked. The Obama Administration may not care if getting health care becomes more difficult and more expensive because it is all leading toward civil unrest. It is believed by some that Obamacare will only get worse and worse, and then in 2 to 3 years when people have a very difficult time getting medical treatment for themselves or their loved ones, people will get enraged.

Moreover, it is being speculated that around the same time when the frustration levels over Obamacare are hitting a critical point in 2 to 3 years, there will be a “glitch” in the welfare payment (or EBT) payment system. The tens of millions who rely on EBT handouts to sustain themselves will be cut off. The overwhelming majority of the EBT recipients are Black. The Obama regime will then blame the “glitch” on the Republicans, i.e., Republicans froze government spending which “forced” Obama to suspension of EBT payments. (Obama will intentionally drive spending up and up uncontrolled knowing full well that one day the Republicans will be backed into a corner and finally vote for a freeze in spending.) Obama will create heightened racial tension by telling everyone that the White Republicans are racially motivated and did this to hurt the Black community. This manufactured racial tension, combined with growing tensions over the then-collapsing medical coverage due to Obamacare, will result in race wars and civil unrest. People will take to the streets.

By the way, you should know that my colleague, the Army Colonel who is telling me all this, is Black. He specifically commented, and outwardly expressed his embarrassment, about how Blacks have become so dependent and enslaved by the welfare system and the Democrats that it would be very easy to create civil unrest and race wars merely by cutting off, or dramatically hindering, EBT payments for only a month or so. He believes that most Blacks, who have a misguided sense of entitlement, will then take to looting stores and rioting.

Once the race wars, civil unrest, and violence becomes pervasive throughout the U.S., Obama will declare martial law and take over. Elections can, and will, be postponed under martial law.

My colleague noted that this possibility is clearly being analyzed and discussed inside the military because such a martial law strategy is nothing new. Tyrannical and dictatorial leaders in the past have done the martial law strategy many times. He noted that dictators such as Stalin, Mussolini, and Hitler did basically the identical thing. He went on to say that one of the most recent examples of this strategy was when Marcos declared martial law in the Philippines from 1972-1981 due to civil unrest. The Philippines had democratic elections up until that time. When martial law was declared, the Philippine constitution was suspended, its Congress dissolved, all elections were suspended, and Marcos remained in power for years beyond his elected term. The alleged “terrorist bombings” that occurred in the Philippines, which lead to Marcos declaring martial law, have always been questioned and never proven to be the acts of actual terrorists.

He concluded by saying that many believe this is the real reason behind the purgings of military generals. The older members of the military, and especially its generals and leaders, tend to be more conservative and they believe in the Constitution—and following the Constitution. Thus, a tyrant and dictator needs to get rid of these military leaders before a state of martial law is declared if the rising dictator wants the military to follow along and do what the dictator says. Due to the loss of many experienced military leaders the past few years, the military is now being run and guided more and more by younger, inexperienced leaders. The type who won’t really know what to do if martial law was declared. Moreover, he noted that there is a growing mindset throughout the military now that every soldier needs to keep quiet and just follow along with what Obama says and wants to do or you will be fired and your military career ruined. Again, I was told this is nothing new since removing strong military leaders in advance of declaring martial law is a historically-proven element of a rising tyrant and dictator.

Tevin likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

With every president since Clinton (as far as I can recall), we have had this same hypothesis. "Will the President try to extend his term against the Constitution and the will of the People?" And we have seen, time and again, no such occurrence. However, I must stress the dirty little secret involved here. Psychological conditioning is not absent in this matter, whether it be by circumstance or by grand design, the people are being conditioned, groomed to accept the notion of this becoming a possibility.

There are rumors, once again, of Schwarzenegger running for POTUS, in direct violation of the Constitution. What a mess that would be. The last thing we need is an Austrian taking charge of Slavery, Inc. I am thinking "Nazi Germany" all over again.

But, these are rumors. This is mostly rhetoric, questionable at best, possibly with nefarious purposes. It doesn't really matter. Why? Because we don't even have a functioning Constitution, we are all enslaved, the corporations run virtually everything, and a large percentage of people have little or no idea what this all means. The corporations just keep taking little bites, incrementally chewing away more and more liberties and the result is less freedom for the average American. I can easily state that most Americans actually support the system through ignorance or fear. If the "President" (actually CEO) ever extends his reign, what on earth COULD the people ever COLLECTIVELY DO to stop him? Rebel? Revolt? That would be a welcomed sight, but not likely.

No, the problem has and always will be complacency and ignorance which rests squarely on the shoulders of the people. This continues as long as we allow it.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I was going to say basically the same thing as B. Remove Obama and insert Clinton, Bush etc. Same scenario, same Henny Penny warnings with every 2 term president. In the 90's it was declare martial law right before elections and utilize foreign troops as "peacekeepers" to enforce the govs will. That is a much more likely war gaming scenario.

4. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

I don't think martial law is a far off concept for the US, but i don't think it will be because potus wants to stay in power, I'm of the mind that this it way out of his control. If (and how big an "if" is up to you) we hit martial law, i think it would be caused by something huge like an economic collapse, ww3, emp, etc. My money would by on economic collapse just because of how things have been going, but who knows for sure.

Not knocking your friend, i value any insight from someone of his rank and experience, i just don't think it will be so obummer can stay, nor do I think his health care fiasco will cause it (although who knows, maybe it will contribute).

tulianr likes this.
  5. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I'm not defending Obama but almost all of the "martial law" theories and similar evil plots are promoted exclusively by the tin foil hat crowd and that makes it really hard for me to buy in. It takes away the credibility of the Constitutionalist/Patriots when they start quoting Alex Jones. I never understood why anyone needs to reach that far to find something to beat Obama up with when there are plenty of legitimate, very real reasons to want him and his party out of power.

The original post is one anecdotal story by one guy. That he is/was in the military does not make him more qualified to predict what Obama will do than anyone else.

My analysis is that if martial law were declared, even at full strength there would not be enough troops to control more than a few isolated areas. Subtract out the significant number of service people who would abandon their enlistment to fight the government and overseas troops who can't get here in time to matter. Then subtract out all the civilian workers & contractors the military needs to keep its supply chain moving. Take all that out and there isn't a meaningful military left.

In every single case of tyranny throughout recorded history, the tyrant first needed to win the population over to his side through propaganda. I don't see that happening today in the USA. For every person who thinks Obama is truly a savior, there is someone who does not trust him farther than they can piss. And if you believe polls, mistrust of government in general and Obama in particular is growing quickly. In that regard, Alex Jones is absolutely correct.

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Really? I don't know where you've been, but...

Israeli Media Reveals The Secret Behind Communism - YouTube
    State Of Mind Film Full Version HD - YouTube
    Police searching House By House the Suspect bombing Boston - YouTube
    Antibiotic resistant superbugs become mortal threat - YouTube
    Fluoride Fight: The forced drugging of society - YouTube
    HomeLand Security & FEMA-"CLASSIFIED" Plans to Kill 80% of US Citizens! - YouTube
    Top DHS checkpoint refusals - YouTube
    PROOF - Sandy Hook Was a Staged Media Hoax -- Anderson Cooper Knows - YouTube
    Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this - YouTube
    FEMA Says Founding Fathers Are Terrorists - YouTube

Propaganda is so 1940's. Remember, the Nazi's weren't just defeated, they were brought over here and employed. We have perfected mind control. The situation we have today is so completely sickening, it puts 1940 Germany to shame.

The people today are slaves by their own consent. Not even animals would demand to be placed in a cage, but here we are...
    Slavery By Consent ( Full Version) - YouTube

Sheep to the slaughter...
    baaaa. - YouTube

Alex Jones is just a single man. He is also (unfortunately) an icon. As with any individual in such a role, the people tend to try and make an icon into whatever they need or want. Typically, most are too frightened or timid or lazy to simply notice that they are victims of doublethink and mind control. Alex Jones is just a guy trying to rake in cash so he can promote enough fear so he can get people to wake up and change their realities. He's not in it to only make money, he's desperate and sometimes resorts to extreme methods...and unfortunately, he has become the poster boy for rebellion in America. Others who have actually gone out and tried to make a difference, and some have failed. Look at where Adam Kokesh is now --prison. Who needs propaganda when a fully capable gestapo is already in place? Who needs propaganda when every corporate media outlet is controlled by the same cartels which hand pick the Executive? Most Americans are tuned in to television, with subliminal ads and scientifically engineered themes, and locked to their iSlave units the rest of the time. I would gander that less than 10 percent of the population can even think for themselves without requiring external stimulus for instruction on what to believe next, buy or stuff into their fat faces. We are so far beyond propaganda, I seriously doubt it's even a necessity these days.

But I digress. Let's blame a talk show host from Texas instead. o_O

Mindgrinder and Mountainman like this.
  7. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

IMHO, No, we are not on the way to martial law. Martial law is overt domestic terrorism by the government against the citizenry. Think about it this way. TPTB control the masses the way a shepherd or goatherd or cattle rancher keeps the animals in control. They get to graze in designated pastures, on designated plains, eat designated food, sleep in ... well, you get it. The fences and other control measures of NWO have been gradually built and reinforced over the ages and the cattle are more tame than ever. They get vaccinations and other minimum necessary medical care to keep them productive while they are useful. The animals are kept afraid of what lies beyond the barbed wire fences and are convinced that their herd has the best pasture of any of them ('Merica, f&^k yeah!). Most are convinced the rancher has their well being in mind. And he does, as long as they are productive. Anyway, why would the rancher intentionally start terrorizing the herd en masse? It would only cause a stampede or animals to injure themselves, and injured or dead animals cannot be shorn, milked or slaughtered. Animals that turned on the rancher would have to be put down. Also, the animals could break free of the fences. They would written off to the wild (die in the environment or wolves or be shot on site as invasive species, etc.) They and their offspring can be rounded up later if it is worthwhile. Granted, the herding dogs and cowboys are sent in sometimes to round up the strays or misbehaving individuals, but the terrorizing the entire herd is counterproductive. So, again, no. We are not heading to martial law. It is already upon us in the form of homeland, I mean pasture security.

BTW, if you haven't watched The Matrix in a while, watch it again with this diatribe in mind.

SS

Brokor likes this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Buying billions of rounds of ammo and armored vehicles will certainly come in handy if they do call Marshall law..

.................................................................................
    News from The Associated Press

2a149782-fd92-4dfd-9a24-8eed63182933-big.

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (AP) -- Coming soon to your local sheriff: 18-ton, armor-protected military fighting vehicles with gun turrets and bulletproof glass that were once the U.S. answer to roadside bombs during the Iraq war.

The hulking vehicles, built for about $500,000 each at the height of the war, are among the biggest pieces of equipment that the Defense Department is giving to law enforcement agencies under a national military surplus program.

For police and sheriff's departments, which have scooped up 165 of the mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicles, or MRAPS, since they became available this summer, the price and the ability to deliver shock and awe while serving warrants or dealing with hostage standoffs was just too good to pass up.

"It's armored. It's heavy. It's intimidating. And it's free," said Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple, among five county sheriff's departments and three other police agencies in New York that have taken delivery of an MRAP.

But the trucks have limits. They are too big to travel on some bridges and roads and have a tendency to be tippy on uneven ground. And then there's some cost of retrofitting them for civilian use and fueling the 36,000-pound behemoths that get about 5 miles to the gallon.

Mountainman and Brokor like this.
  9. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

I am a pepper, not an alarmist. Given what I've been seeing there are a lot of ostriches to go along with the sheep. Lets get our heads out of where ever we have them and make a list.
    1) Racial tensions on increase. White attacks on blacks is news worthy, black attacks on white is not.
    2) Militarization of police force. Armored vehicles gear and dress.
    3) High ranking military dismissed.
    4) Spying on the American people. Gathering information on us from internet and using drones to spy on us.
    5) Every group or person opposing the Potus is a terrorist.
    6)
    7)
    8)
    I think I would rather think it possible and be wrong rather than think it will never happen and be surprised.

oldawg, Mountainman and stg58 like this.
  10. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

My point was the PTB are not stupid. There is a reason for what they do. The reason is to either keep the herd calm and productive, keep the herd under control, or increase the productivity of the herd. Mass martial law does nothing to further any of those, not even to keep the herd under control. It will only stress the herd and cause them to resist. There is control, but they do not need martial law to effect it.

Mountainman, chelloveck and Brokor like this.
  11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

"5) Every group or person opposing the Potus is a terrorist." And racist...

12. rickpeters

rickpeters Monkey

The Prez is just a figurehead in my opinion anyway. I doubt he would even want to stay in office more than his 8 years. I do see a lessoning of freedoms though. I would be more concerned about the TSA showing up at train stations than I would about Obama trying to stay in office.

Harbin and tulianr like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7