Is Torture Acceptable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, May 25, 2009.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

A. Water Boarding
    B. Searching through rubble for Americans
    I will choose A everytime.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

A/B

If only it were that black & white. That scenario has never been the case, nor will it be. From all the testimony from the interrogators and those they interrogated, we only got lies to make us stop torturing them and mislead us. Enhanced Interrogation has done nothing but hurt us.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't know about that, supposedly it prevented another 9/11 in L.A.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

The only one still saying it prevented anything is Cheney.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Some one lock this thread please!

It has been beat to death.

It has polarized the forum.

It has nowhere productive left to go to.

Leave it here for new and old to read, but lock it.

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Pretty funny really. Here I am quoting myself. I received an interesting email take on so called torture, and REAL TORTURE, from someone who endured the real thing. Thus, here I am submitting new material to this old thread. I did ask that the thread be locked, and that was ignored so here goes ....

Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture

[​IMG]

I got shot down over N Vietnam in 1967, a Sqdn. Commander. After I returned in 1973..I published 2 books that dealt a lot with "real torture" in Hanoi . Our make believe president is branding our country as a bunch of torturers when he has no idea what torture is.

As for me, put thru a mock execution because I would not respond... pistol whipped on the head...same event.. Couple of days later... hung by my feet all day. I escaped and a couple of weeks later, I gotshot and recaptured. Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.

They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick, trick...almost pulled my arms out of the sockets. Beat me on the head with a little wooden rod until my eyes were swelled shut, and my unshot, unbroken hand a pulp.

Next day hung me by the arms...rebroke my right wrist...wiped out the nerves in my arms that control the hands...rolled my fingers up into a ball. Only left the slightest movement of my L forefinger. So I started answering with some incredible lies.

Sent me to Hanoi strapped to a barrel of gas in the back of a truck. Hanoi..on my knees....rope trick again. Beaten by a big fool.

Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.

Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo.

Really bad beating for refusing to condemn Lyndon Johnson.

Several more kneeling events. I could see my knee bone thru kneeling holes.

There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior Officer of a large building because of escape...they started a mass torture of all commanders.

I think it was July 7, 1969...they started beating me with a car fan belt. In first 2 days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting because I never thought I would live thru it.

They continued day-night torture to get me to confess to a non-existent part in the escape. This went on for at least 3 days. On my knees... fan belting...cut open my scrotum with fan belt stroke. opened up both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger...I could notlie on my back.

They tortured me into admitting that I was in on the escape...and that my 2 room-mates knew about it.

The next day I denied the lie. They commenced torturing me again with 3- 6- or 9 strokes of the fan belt every day from about July 11 or 12rh..to 14 October 1969. I continued to refuse to lie about my roommates again. Now, the point of this is that our make-believe
    president has declared to the world that we (U.S..) are a bunch of torturers...Thus it will be OK to torture us next time when they catch us...because that is what the U.S. does.

Our make-believe president is a know nothing fool who thinks that pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of women's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE. He is a meathead. I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness, who was also in my squadron, in jail...as was John McCain...and we agree that McCain does not speak for the POW group when he claims that Al Gharib was torture...or that "water boarding" is torture.

Our president and those fools around him who keep bad mouthing our great country are a disgrace to the United States . Please pass this info on to Sean Hannity. He is free to use it to point out the stupidity of the claims that water boarding...which has no after effect...is torture.

If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC ...

hurrahfor the guy who poured the water.

"Bud" Day, Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett "Bud" Day(born February 24, 1925) is a retired

U..S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the

Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S.

service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having

received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions

in combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor.

--------------

Please pass on to your
    family and friends!

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

untitled.

8. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

[ditto] I was actually looking for that picture in my files!!

9. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

Torture is never acceptable for any reason.

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Throw stones, or whatever makes you happy. I did ask that the thread be locked as even I felt it had run it's course.
    However, that said.... before I posted the Medal of Honor personal testimony and opinion I reread each and every post on all five pages. Then made my personal decision that this man who had been there done that deserved to add his 2 cents. IMHO he has more credibility due to his personal experiences than anyone including me who had previously posted.
    NOW I AM DONE WITH THIS PARTICULAR THREAD.
    lock it or not. ignore it or post. Y'all have a great day!

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I will take a smack at the bees nest.

This isn't VIETNAM. The year is 2009. "Terrorists" are CIA trained, funded, and protected assets. "Terrorists" are also average civilians who dissent against their tyrannical government. There are no FOX NEWS TERRORISTS -so get it out of your mind right now. The media works for the banking/corporate empire, which serves the political agenda and further twists stories in order to keep you misinformed and DUMB.

Torture, and the media hype surrounding it lately is meant to DESENSITIZE YOU -to create a psychological block. Beating a dead horse, so to speak...much like this very thread, serves to keep you focused on other matters instead. It's simple sensory overload. What happens when your neighbors are water-boarded at a local interrogation station run by private security Obamacare terrorist hunters? Think it could never happen to you? Well, keep supporting torture, keep empowering politicians who promise you happiness and prosperity, but only ever grant enslavement and tyranny. Do you think I am being ridiculous? HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THE MEDIA COVERS UP ON A DAILY BASIS? And how much do you think that you will NEVER HEAR ABOUT?

C'mon people. I know you are smarter than this. Some of you may be war vets from wars past, hell I am a war vet from the recent Iraq Campaign, but I CAN'T BUY INTO THE MEDIA PROPAGANDA. There are no REAL terrorists. YOU are the enemy to the Federal Government. The purpose of this game is CONTROL.

Now. Are you going to be IN CONTROL, or do you choose to be CONTROLLED?

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

[ditto]

Pavlovs' dog. The slippery slope.

While I belive that there are certainly misguided wack jobs out there that would commict acts of mayhem if given the oppurtunity, I also believe that the whole terrorist hype has been completely propagandized for political profits and motivations. The world is a dangerous place and I have no more fear of a "terrorist" act than I do a lone mental case with an Ak at the mall.
    What we condone today, no matter the percieved justification, will be used on us tomorrow and widely condoned as well by those who have been conditioned to accept it.

I for one refuse to be conditioned. I will not salivate on command.

Ok. This is really, for sure, absolutely, the last post I make in this thread...........probably.

[cow]

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeesh. About the only thing this thread has accomplished is establishing that we all don't like torture. Which leaves the obvious questions, "What is torture?" and "Does it work?"

We will never agree on those, it just won't happen. If I thought for one half a second that the subject would not pop up in another thread, I'd lock this one. But it would, so I won't, simply so this can all stay in one place. Read it, post to it, or ignore it, your call.

We can be polarized on this subject (probably many others as well) but that must not interfere with our reasons to be here, nor with a bit of civility in debate. (Dunno how to prep for torture, myownself --) :D

[beer]

14. SoCal09

SoCal09 Monkey++

If a person has done something bad enough to land their a** in guantanamo bay then they probably deserve to be tortured. If some useful info comes out of it, great! If not he still deserves it more then likely, IMHO. I don't mean to go against the status quo on the board, but i just feel putting rules in war are useless. Both sides will always break the rules, publicly or not, because war is war. Maybe i'll change my mind when TERRORISTS stop beheading Americans. Until that day, I won't lose one second of sleep over torturing them.

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This thread is torture.

16. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

[lolol]lol ... this is not torture. i know torture when i see it. [lolol] lol, .... this ain't it.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Some things just won't die...but:[​IMG] having your scrotum split by lashings with a fan belt is far worse than any stinky under pants on the head..."Probably deserve it" ?well don't look now "SOCAL but if you are here your govt probably has granted you a "right wing extremist billet along with the rest of us. "But I didn't do anything"! doesn't seem to count anymore!( being Obama's okay with preventatitve detention and all.)" See ya' in guantanamo bud..,.

I got top bunk , "you gonna eat them lima beans"??" Swing low, sweet chario-o-o-o-ot"...

18. LowMan

LowMan Monkey++

I dont have a link to the story but a so called terrorist admitted to planning to blow up buildings. Problem is, the buildings they said he planned to blow up hadn't even been built at the time they said he was doing the planing.
    Only a fool would trust this government to tell them the truth.

19. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

I couldn't agree more.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7