ISO- Medical/ Training Gloves

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am looking for a good pair of gloves that I can wear while training in first responder classes plus for real disasters. I always have Nitrile Exam Gloves on underneath but I am looking for a good durable glove that will not be bulky plus can be sanitized. Currently I wear a Kinco work glove like these:
    61OA00lwyLL._UX385_.

What I noticed during training is that the fingers were bulky so I always ended up taking them off putting them back on plus once even misplaced one as I moved from victim to victim. I need gloves on because between victims, sometimes it is necessary to move debris and stuff i.e. simulated search rescue/ triage situations. I also noticed that my leather palm gloves had fake blood on them after the activity so I need to figure out my glove situation. With the leather, the blood will be seeping in and as I move from one patient to another I was transferring. Plus can you properly sanitize leather gloves without ruining them? Or should I be considering gloves a one use item that will need to be replaced after each incident?

Right now I am in training but I really want to get this right before I get in the middle of a disaster. It is best to get things right ahead of time, not in the middle. I am wonder what gloves people have in their medical bags. Yes, Nitrile gloves are a must have but does anyone pack an outer layer glove?

Sgt Nambu, Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Industries - Ringers Gloves

I use their extrication gloves for general industrial work, and they are top-notch. They have many types and styles to choose from. I'm sure you can find something to suit your fancy.

ETA : check out the public safety section under the industries header.

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Motomom34 , you might wanna change up your system, take it from me, any gloves other then nitril will be a hindrance to treetment vs moving stuff. I lile a pair of hard knuckle motocross gloves for that type of work. I really like the alcantera leather and balistic fabric type for durability, grip, and ease of cleansing. I swap to nitril for trauma care, Keeps thing sanitised better, and has less cross contamination! Learn to carry lots of pairs of nitril gloves with you and get a small hip worn stuff sack for the work gloves!
    A bit off topic, but relavent for what your doing, get your self a good pair of hard shell knee pads, Your knees will thank you. When things get tence the last thing your thinking about is personal protection, and your knees get a beating doing this type of thing!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Sgt Nambu, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Any organic material that absorbs liquid won't be sterilizable.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Ura-Ki I never thought of putting knee pads in my search and rescue gear. You are correct. I do simulated drills and those are usually short time frames but looking back, I do spend a lot of time kneeling down.

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I use Wells Lamont light weight work gloves, over nitrite's when I think contamination is a possibility. I bought a big box of them when the Black and Decker outlet store in Seaside OR closed its doors. SCORE!!!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Harbor freight tools has awesome nitril gloves for a really good price! I usually buy a couple of boxes every time ai stop in! I use them all the time for chores especially when handling chemicals or in the kitchen, or for prosessing meat! They are pretty tough and durable and have a slight textured grip, nice for when working wet, especially bloody work!

Yard Dart and Sgt Nambu like this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Motomom34
  3. kepman
  4. Rocky Road Lerp
  5. wastelander
  6. Dont
  7. SeptemberMage
  8. CRC
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7