It’s here... Our New Kubota SbS....

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BTPost, Feb 18, 2020.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

When did they switch from hydraulic to CVT? Was looking at used on line, and the changeover was not obvious.

Amazed, new can be optioned up to more than 20kilobux, and that's without a GPS auto pilot.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep, They ain’t cheap... The cool thing the factory only builds a basic machine, and all the Options are factory built Kits, that the dealer orders, and installs, before you pick it up... Today I cataloged all the Information on the Machine. (Vin, Model, Serial No, Engine type & Serial, Transmission Type & Serial, and RollBar Cage serial No.) and sent it off to my Nephew in Law (Kubota Dealer) and asked for cost on a Winch Kit, & Service Manual... We will see how this comes out....

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Order a parts book if you can also.
    I bought my Kubota tractor in 1994 , Big New Holland in 2018 and before I would buy them I said parts book and service manual for all bit.
    Then they said, " will get them for you ", I said good I'll pick them up and the machines when there all here , and pay in full.. They don't like to give the info out.
    Pissed off the sales person who said , we don't give out or sell parts books or manuals !!
    Turned and left and went to another dealer, he stopped in later on the ranch and saw new equipment !!

"I see you bought one already , I said with parts books and look over there , a few more items.
    Now you see why I don't buy from you. also PAID IN FULL !!

Field-lizzards .
    a few years ago I damaged a pre-bent HYD line , parts book , ordered from # and in two weeks back up running..
    So important where I live ,,wet coast bush

Sloth

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    AD1, Ura-Ki, Altoidfishfins and 2 others like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Good Machines and Good Warranties. Sold my older one to a neighbor who loves it and replaced it with the newer XG850 Sidekick......... Or *Mike's Wheel Chair* as the hired hands like to call it.

5. BTPost

9BA71ED5-8D2F-4077-A356-7F1826DC257C.

Mail plane on Floats, finally arrived @ 9:45Am this morning, and brought among other things, the Kenwood TM-D710A DuakBand Radio for the Kubota SbS... As soon as it quits RAINING (Cats & Dogs) I will get it programmed, and installed...

6. BTPost

Ok, today was Install Day on the New Kubota SbS... Installed the Winch Kit, the LED Work Lights, and the Kenwood TM-D710GA Vhf/Uhf Radio....

6B010A01-2F8D-4DC7-A9D1-36735B3FB717.

F560511A-1136-4E68-AB58-0CC58A7DC2D1.

Notice the Remote Winch Control Connector on the rear Drivers side of the Hood...
    and the Dual Band Antenna behind the Passenger side LED Work Light.

094E3641-C58C-40FF-8C7C-47FB4F03AE50.

Mounted two Remote Speakers, one on each side, up above the Windshield...

2EC998F3-6AB8-439C-8331-C25535B7387E.

Mounted the TM-D710GA Control Head on the top of the dashboard, in the center, as this Control Head has a GPS Receiver built into it, and this placement lets it see the Sky, really well.....

7C18DBEB-B035-4E95-9968-106ADB74BFED.

The LED Work Lights are set up on a Double Pole, Double Throw, Center Off Switch that is wired so the Drivers Side Light, ONLY, comes ON, in one position, and BOTH Work Lights come ON in the other Position, with the Center Position being OFF...

Good days work accomplished...

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mai Bruce you be pimping man!

8. BTPost

Today, AlaskaChick and I spent Three Hours, learning to change the LubeOil in our Kubota Diesel SbS...It is a process and I figure that three hours was really doing good for our first time.. We have use of the CarLift in the Port Shop, and getting it up in the air, is a blessing in accomplishing this project...Once we got it lifted the next step was removing the Skid Plates, that protect the running gear. Nine bolts that thread into the Frame. then pull the OilPan DraIn Plug, and let all the dirty LubeOil drain into a bucket...and it was really really Bad LubeOil... Once drained, replaced the OilPan Drain Plug, and started looking for the LubeOil Filter... If I could find the Engineer who thought the location of the Filter was the best place for it, I would dig up his Bones, and pound them into dust... It was buried in the hardest place to reach, from either above, or below.. Oh you can see it, but getting a Filter wrench on it is another story... Getting the old one off took a good hour and a half... after hunting around for the appropriate Filter Wrench for another half hour... I am really blessed that AlaskaChick loves being a mechanic, and has small hands, cause that is what was required for that job. Once the new Filter was installed, the SkidPlates were replaced, and the Kubota returned to ground level, we refilled the LubeOil using 15W40 Delo400, and then went for a test drive... Everything ran as expected, and we now have clean LubeOil... and a kicka$$ Ride...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I bet you know WHY it was so bad, eh? Like it or not, a rather soon post flush change sounds like a good idea.

Got a similar lash up from Ford on the pickup. Drain plug is above frame members that guide the drainage in about 5 different directions. Takes two pans to catch it, and some rags. The filter requires a double jointed wrist.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. BTPost

Finished up installing the Logging A-Frame on the front of the Kubota, this afternoon... The mount is from the Rhino. I split the front bumper tubing in half, and for a temporary Install used four Stainless Hose Clamps to secure the mount to the Kubota Front Bumper Tubing.. When the Fabricator gets here, on Saturday, I will get him to weld the mount to the Kubota Front Bumper Tubing...

F33D7FFF-D466-4751-820A-C2448538F6F8. BE0B1D96-E8FB-42C4-8987-C2089AF32E69.

11. BTPost

Well that didn’t go so good... used the A-Frame to load an Old CastIron Wood Stove into one of my trailers, to move it up to the new place... I had used 5/16 Ground Line to hold the A-Frame out for doing a Pick... Supposed to be 2500# Test Line... So during the last Pick, the line Failed, and dropped the stove about two feet into the Trailer... Talked to the BeachBoss to see what he had for a replacement... Will install the 1/2” Kevlar Rope on it this evening... At least the Wood Stove is “Up the Mountain” and ready to get wire Brushed and cleaned up for it’s new home...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Any damage when the a frame flipped back?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. BTPost

Nope, it was under load, so it just crashed down...

Merkun and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7