It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by chimo, Dec 11, 2015.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them.
    BY PHOEBE MALTZ BOVY
    December 10, 2015

Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police. Not just because of San Bernardino, or whichever mass shooting may pop up next, but also not not because of those. Don’t sort the population into those who might do something evil or foolish or self-destructive with a gun and those who surely will not. As if this could be known—as if it could be assessed without massively violating civil liberties and stigmatizing the mentally ill. Ban guns! Not just gun violence. Not just certain guns. Not just already-technically-illegal guns. All of them.

full article at : It’s Time to Ban Guns. Yes, All of Them. | New Republic

Anti-gun ignoramuses like to claim "nobody wants to ban or take away your guns". Well here is one of those who have openly called for it...even if she does, ironically, live in Canada.

Molon labe, baby. [flag]

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm all for banning guns in Russia too....as if they would care....or that it would happen either. [lolol][ROFL]

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hey let's ban guns in Iraq and Afghanistan. While we are at it how about banning them in Syria too.

4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

" they can have my .54 Hawken when they pry it ....................."

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I'm ok with that as long as it's a level playing field. When they have taken all the guns from the criminals, the police, and the military all over the world, then they tell the rest of us all about it.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I like to put forward a "Better Idea" If all it takes to cure this issue, is to Pass a Law...... How about we just "Ban People" Yea, this is the ticket, we just pass a Law that "Bans Humans"... it will be just as effective, as the one she proposes.......

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

While we're at it, let's get rid of our Military hardware, too. No need for that, because all it does is create a threat that other countries have to respond to. If we had no nukes, tanks, air force or navy and no standing army, there would be no threat and we would be at peace with the world. :rolleyes:

Of course, we would have to learn to speak Chinese or Russian...... :whistle::whistle:

Seepalaces and pearlselby like this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Make pieces, not peaces.

Seepalaces likes this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'm with Edward Abbey: “When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Let's just pass a law against murder. That is sure to stop it. Oh.. Wait...

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Let's just pass a law, that all bills must be read, discussed, and fully understood, before voting.
    That all laws for us, bind you as well.
    That voting on ANY bill without reading it, (up or down) is grounds for immediate unemployment.(WITHOUT PAY).
    That lobbying be henceforth outlawed, and subject to penalties.
    And that any LAW that appears to run counter to the Constitution, can be appealed by the Citizens (the ultimate power), without requiring they violate it first. Requiring only a demand for appeal be submitted to the supreme Court. (This would include, but not be limited to, any violations of Amendments). The Court could not cherry pick but must rule by constitutional law.
    And ALL laws currently on the books must be reviewed, and either enforced, or removed, not ignored until useful.

12. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I've used that very argument with some of my leftist friends. They sometimes get to enough intellectual consideration to grasp that a simple ban will do nothing and then argue for confiscation. Oh really? How are you going to find 300 million guns that can be easily hidden when you claim we can't practically find 11 million illegal aliens and deport them? Please explain that to me. Or why do you desire the elderly and women to be defenseless against much stronger male thugs? I thought you favored equal rights for women? Why do you find virtue in creating more theft, beating and rape victims as has happened in the other countries that have banned guns? You are a smart person and consequently know that historically validated phenomena will repeat itself yet again, so explain to me why you want that to happen.

They sometimes go apoplectic which is so fun to watch. They might not want to drink beer with you again.

AT

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

kellory likes this.
  14. chelloveck

Seepalaces, BTPost and pearlselby like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ya'll be crazy!

Seepalaces likes this.
  16. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

I agree! All guns should be banned! Cain didn't need a gun to kill Abel! Genghis Khan and his followers didn't need guns to kill over 1,000,000 people in one 24 hour period (a figure which I believe as a record still stands)! Did the Boston Bomber need a gun? NO! The shoe bomber? NEVER! Kurt Saxon wrote an article called "when Politicians Ban Guns Bombers will Ban Politicians", which I am sure you can still find all over the net! As the Joker said, all he needed what dynamite and gasoline and they are both cheap!

Dunerunner, tacmotusn and Seepalaces like this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

How about one in chocolate?

Seepalaces and chelloveck like this.
  18. chelloveck

19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Require all laws to be written at a 8th grade level.. then ban Lawyers....

20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    This is the problem...

Aeason, Dunerunner and Brokor like this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. OldDude49
  6. oldman11
  7. Ura-Ki
  8. OldDude49
  9. OldDude49
  10. Motomom34
  11. Dunerunner
  12. T. Riley