It looks like Michael Flynn might be on a roll.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chelloveck, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Michael Flynn, TRump's former National Security Advisor, and his legal team, may be about to co-operate with the Mueller investigation. Flynn's legal team are no longer sharing information with other parties of interest in the Mueller investigation.

Flynn's lawyer meets members of special counsel's team, raising specter of plea deal

Flynn's Attorney Met With Mueller Team on Monday

As the circle tightens around the TRump waggon train, I wonder if the waggon train master will start gunnin' for Mueller? It'd make for excitin' times in American politics.

SoaySheep and Marck like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ward Bond might know.

3. chelloveck

He might at that.....I think WB, if he were still alive, would have been much a straighter shooter than the TRumpinator. ;)

Marck and snake6264 like this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

It has to be cat hair they have stapled to his head
    I know on Letterman its used to be Trump or Monkey but I'm sticking with cat hair

chelloveck likes this.
  5. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Had he been killed in Vietnam, we probably would have Hillary as our President.

Five deferments, what one for each year of college... yes I think that was the rule back before the lottery system, so he's a bad guy because he wanted to go to college rather than get drafted. I think there were many American men that did the same thing.

Rancher

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sounds to me it was the smart thing to do...or was it better to go kill or be killed for a reason we still cannot justify after all these years... 58,000 dead, 500,000 wounded, 10+ years involvement, a trillion or more dollars...and no one can say why. Yeah, sign me up! Gosh, I want to be part of that. You bet!

Let's not blame a smart man for not doing something stupid just be because his stupid government told him to. He had money and could go to school instead, can't begrudge another man's good fortune. What worries me is we seem to not remember some of those lessons from Vietnam like don't enter into a conflict you are not willing to put 100% into winning and bring to conclusion.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Bandit, I agree with the part about conflict that you aren't willing to commit to 100%, I am also not a big fan of nation building, we have a hard enough time with that here a home.

And just to make it clear... I did not have a college deferment during the Vietnam conflict.

Rancher

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

VietNam was a rough time. I had 3 uncles in country over there, I was lucky enough to have known them all. Which means they made it home , when many did not. I have the utmost respect for all VietNam Veterans, which is probably a big part of why I enlisted when I was old enough. Should we have been there , probably not , did we learn anything , probably only a few battle tactics . But that's what happens in political wars , as I understand it.
    When I was overseas , there was a few that didn't want to be where we were , and I didn't like being around them, their lack of interest attitude left very little trust in me that I could trust them to watch my back. So if Trump was able to not go , it may be for the better , he could have caused others to have not made it home. I would rather have someone I could trust in my foxhole versus one I couldnt.
    Some have the mentality , ambition and sense of pride to serve , others do not. I served because I felt it was my patriotic duty to serve my country . I used to get goose bumps at the sound of the national anthem, sometimes I still do . But I was young then , and trusted my government , not quite as much now tho. But I still have hope for my country . Would I do it again , yes , I would probably go tomorrow , if I knew I could keep my kid or someone else's kid from having to give their life for this country.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Always remember John Kerry did go... and would you want to be in his Platoon?

3M-TA3 likes this.
  10. chelloveck

Roy "Captain America" Moore also went, ....would you want to be in his Company? He was probably more at risk from his own soldiers than Charlie. :LOL: Apparently, his insistence at being saluted in the field was not appreciated by those obligated to do as he commanded....who would want to be killed by enemy fire aimed at their d*ck head boss? :rolleyes:

Roy Moore - Wikipedia

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Roy Moore wasn’t the only Moore to go to Vietnam... Lt. General Hal Moore also was there, as a Lite Colonel... and I would serve under his command, any day...

12. chelloveck

I'm sure that there were probably other John Kerrys that served. Fine, upstanding men, whom folk would have been happy to serve with, or under....but finding such men, doesn't mean, that Roy S Moore's, and John Kerry's service were especially notable or laudable; It just means that better men than Moore, Kerry, and TRump served their country at that time.

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Point taken,,,

14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Actually a "prick" officer who demands to be saluted in the field is one you happily salute as many times as possible. One shot by enemy fire brings way less scrutiny down on the troops than one who got fragged.

chelloveck and Bandit99 like this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I missed the Vietnam draft by a year then went into the service in 1976. But,I was dumb enough and naïve enough to go to Vietnam even went down to sign-on one time but glad I didn't go through with it... It wasn't that I was afraid of being maimed or dying it was because I didn't want the lack of freedom at that time in my young life. Anyway... There are good and bad officers, like NCOs, and many of our politicians are former military and former vets. I personally don't care for Kerry as think he was one of the type that went into the service strictly for political reasons. I don't like McCain either. But, I do respect that both served even though I believe both used the service to advance their own political ambitions.

16. ghrit

Yup, 100%. And, while in, he was super careful to not draw negative attention. His intention all the way was political. The "man" is contemptible, been that way from birth I believe.

McCain, on the other hand, I'm well enough convinced he fell into politics as an alternate to sticking it out and putting on Admiral's stars. His time in Hanoi took him off track for that. Can't say that he is a shining star in politics, but at least he thinks he's a republican.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    3M-TA3 and Bandit99 like this.
  17. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Back when Kerry was trying to make it as POTUS , I saw an article were he said when he came back he started protesting the war with the rest of the hippies. He stated he threw his medals away , threw them over the White House fence . I had a nephew then, who was a democrat. We were talking , I said I felt the POTUS should be prior military, if he's going to be in charge of it. That's when he mentioned Kerry being prior .mil . That's when Kerry started trying to rally up all VietNam Veterans for their support. I told my nephew , you do not disrespect and throw your medals away and protest the war you were in , then pick them back up 30 years later and try to gain respect with them. That's a 2 faced sumbeach.

oldman11 likes this.
  18. ghrit

That is accurate. He and hanoi jane joined forces. I'll let you imagine the depth of contempt.

oldman11 likes this.
  19. chelloveck

Saluting and then ducking for cover may be a bit of a giveaway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7