It's Father's Day, What's Going On At Your Place?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Jun 16, 2013.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Yep, it's that day of the year again when us Dads get to rule the roost! WOOHOO!!!

Down here in SENM, I've got a slab of baby back ribs all seasoned up and marinating in the ice box. A bit of ground meat for burgers and some to put in my dirty rice, some chicken livers for the dirty rice, a few pieces of my home made pure pork Cajun sausage, and other goodies. Already told Sweetie that I'm gonna do it MY way! smile. I'm kinda blogging it at bbqheresy.wordpress.com just for grins. smile.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?? Or your part of town, if that's the case. Inquiring minds want to know. smile.

Kajun

KAS and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Fishing with my son, always a good time.

KAS likes this.
  3. Wheelsucker

Wheelsucker Out of Airspeed, Altitude & Ideas

Camping at the lake. Going by to see the old man later tonight.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well, Well, Look's like we are going to TXKajun's for lunch today.!!!

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sshhhh... he is sleeping and no one is allowed to wake him up. No plans have been made, but we are on standby in case he wants to do whatever.

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

My wife and kiddies will not return until tonight. I am enjoying the silence.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm actually working :(

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Watching the day go by with no projects..... Just came back from church and had leftover beef kabob's for lunch. Later on the kids are coming by and were going to BBQ some steaks and hang out.

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Actually, it was a short day. I only worked 7 hours. Time off for good behavior. Being able to work from home can definitely suck sometimes.

10. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I managed to survive the day, but worked my little self into a sweat....not hard to do when it's 108 degrees! Did the bbq thing and kinda/sorta documented it on my little blog bbqheresy.wordpress.com

It was a great day! Plus I got to watch a bunch of the golf tournament today in between cooking bouts. smile.

Kajun

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a very quiet Day around the cabin, today... Phone calls from all the kids, and a Skype chat, with Momma, from Africa.... NSA, Do you have your Ears On? Oh, that is right, I use a Pre-Microsoft version of Skype... No Back Door, Oh well, To bad for you... Smart-Guys... ......

12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Worked all day , Up at 05:38, fixed stuff, didn't know it was Farthers Off Day till ? . 21:00 and Now I know ,, Didn't get
    Sloth

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Multi-tasking cooking & golf, I am impressed. My husband ordered filet mignon, said he would cook it cause he's better at BBQ'ing... he got wrapped up in the golf tournament and forgot the steak, I removed it when I saw all the smoke. Oh well, he had a great day.

14. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Had 20 people over for gourmet tacos. Fun watching 14 kids aged 2-18 have a great time. It is good to be a dad.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  15. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Finished upgrading 2 power wheels for my boys (alright, only one is big enough to ride them, I'm a little ahead of myself with my 9 month old), then missed a bbq by helping my neighbor stop a flood caused by a water line that gave way. No good deed...lol

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7