it's going to be horrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dystopia, Jul 30, 2011.

1. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

Just came back from the liqour store, while their i saw a elderly women buying a case of beer to celebrate her daughters new baby. Grandma , daughter ,loser father, and severely disabled son, and baby, all live on the gov't dime. I was looking forward to enjoying a cold one on a hot day but the thought of these families spread across america and the coming collapse took a lot of the pleasure out of it. I'll somehow manage to drink the brewski's, but i can't stop thinking how much suffering is in store for this country.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Survival of the fittest. Life can be cruel. Really really cruel if you are stupid! It may be cold hearted, but I will lose no sleep over the deaths of these losers.

3. IceNiner

IceNiner Monkey+

Its true. If you bumble through life as most Americans are (probably ditto with most other citizens of 'first world' nations), angrily and willfully refusing to think of anything beyond the next 6 pack, value meal and tv show, I can't really find it in my heart to feel any pity for those dummies either. After trying to 'wake up' a few people in the last couple of weeks and getting nothing but the stink eye and mockery in return.... the hell with 'em!

BackwoodsmanUSA and Cephus like this.
  4. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

Sounds like humanity might become a luxury.

dragonfly, Brokor and Sapper John like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

My patience only extends so far. After preaching to my friends and relatives about prepping, and getting very few real converts, eventually reality sets in and patience starts to wane.
    No way can I feed and house the world. I can spread the word of what I believe is to come. If you fail to heed the warning signs and prepare and the SHTF, you have no one to blame but yourself for your situation.
    Yes, once the SHTF for quite some time Humanity Will Be a Luxury.

6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I agree alot of people walk around blind and act like bad things never happen and then when it does they act like why me. Then they exspect someone to help pull them out. I too have tried to warn friends and family with no success. They just tell me I worry to much and always think the worst outcome. So I give up trying, I just put the extra wasted time I spent trying to make them see the light toward my own preperation. They way I see it I have a wife and baby to worry about providing for and if people don't listen and prepare to takse care of themselves they get what's coming to them. Like tacmotusn posted ( survival of the fittest) and when SHTF if they come around to me or mine they will get it whats coming to them alot quicker.

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

A lot of them don't believe the same as we do which is their right. However, after watching the effects of hurricanes, blizzards, ice storms, etc on TV and not have some food and a means to cook it lacks common sense.

dragonfly and BackwoodsmanUSA like this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I just hope they don't drink all the drambuie before their world comes to an end. That will be one of the birthday luxuries I'll be missing.

Most think food comes from the supermarket, pre-packaged in easy serving sizes with cooking instructions.

Only those that know how to grow / gather food will survive.

the rest will perish.

Darwinism at it's finest.

dragonfly and BackwoodsmanUSA like this.
  9. beast

beast backwoodsman

one of the first things you learn growing up on a farm is culling
    the second is that its needed and you dont cry over it
    you just make the best use of what you remove and keep goin

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'll tell you what to expect if you own a mom and pop convenient store...Since i've seen this mode of operation by some of the ''mullets'' fleaing N.O.
    They descend in mass in the store running isle to isle yelling at each other while one is pumping gas..Some signal is given and in mass they leave...Paying for nothing...I'd just lock the door and tell'em...I'm closed...and turn off the pumps...

dragonfly likes this.
  11. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I choose to keep my mouth shut to the sheeple.
    You mention anything to them,and wshtf they'll be knocking your door down,wanting what you got.
    Matt

dragonfly likes this.
  12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Believe me, I don't go around in tee shirt and hat loudly proclaiming, "survivalist prepper with big cache of goodies".
    I approach the subject by stating, "you know, we should all be more self reliant, and not so damn dependent on the government or police to bail us out of a difficult situation." Yes I do advocate having a well stocked pantry with alot more than 1 week or less of food. I do advocate canning and having your own garden. I am not shy about the fact that I have a backup generator. I suggest people get a CCW and learn how to handle firearms properly with safety and accuracy. I warn people about possible coming hard times due to economic woes and suggest they do all of the above as well as get their financial house in order and maybe invest in silver or gold.
    All of this does not just come spewing out of my mouth unfettered. It's sort of like testing the depth of the muddy water before diving off the bridge the first time. A little common sense is neccessary, but I do feel a need born out of having a conscience to try to get the word out to those who might be assets to my AO rather than liabilities. I don't preach to the long time welfare slugs. I for one consider them mostly beyond help. jmho

dragonfly likes this.
  13. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Was at a home recently and the comment was made about them spending over a thousand dollars on tickets for ball games last year. I didn't say anything but just thought what could have been done with that cash. The Bible says to "look to the ant O sluggard" and if you do not provide for your family you are worse than an infidel. Two good passages telling us to prepare for hard times. Our ancestors and pioneers saved for the winter's cold blasts when there was no food available and we need to practice common sense in doing the same. Everyone probably is familiar with the "Donner Party" tradegy where a wagon train was caught in early snows while crossing into California. They ran out of food and resorted to canabalism. It has and will happen again if/when things get truly bad. I do not intend to be part of the menu.

14. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I have had the same results with family and friends as well.. 4 out of 20 are starting to think about it, 5 out of 50, tell me I'm crazy but IF it does happen, they will be coming to me..

When I inform them that I'll be on some secluded property in colorado WITHOUT electricity, that tends to deter them.. Thier first response is, what about the internet? Second is, its gets too damn cold there.. lol

The place I'm looking at in colorado, people shoot first, and then come see what you want RIGHT NOW.. I accidentally found myself in that predicament over the summer when looking at property, my buddy who lives there told me it was like that around there, but I figured he was being melodramatic..

I let people know that they wont make it 20 miles off the interstate, to get to where I am gonna be.. I've given plenty of invites and offers, but they choose to wait until the last minute, it is too late then..

And like Gator, I've seen 5 major hurricanes in my lifetime (countless minor ones) and have seen the sheeple flee in panic at the last minute, or even, just stand around stupified after the lights went out.. and stayed out for weeks on end..

dragonfly, stevel and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can tell you a bit about Hurricane Rita...I made a family/fema fuel run to Singer La. carring 180 gal. of gas,ice, food.Traveling back roads because I-10 was shut-down in Lake Charles..
    I exit in Eunice...head to Kinder and make it through the zombie zone pulling a 5X10 trailer..Loaded down..Made it through downtown and as i was pulling back on 190..some jackleg in a 4x4 ran up behind me flashing lights and blowing the horn and waving for me to pull over..I floor the v-8 Dakota...4x4 tries to stop me for the next 5 miles or so...By my estimate..i have a full tank of fuel and he's about out...He has to drop the chase..cause i ain't stopping...I head into Dequincy..roadblock ahead...So i'm taking my chances...Comes my turn in line..Deputy walks to my window and spots the mini-14 laying on the seat...muzzle down with a 30rd mag..Loaded..
    Deputy ask..Where are you headed sir..
    Me..Singer..
    Deputy...La.27 north is open..La.27 south is closed...
    Me..Thank you sir...
    I drive through the road block...
    Singer is a whole different ballgame...
    Lil Sister's neighbors wanted me to trade them 5 gallons of gas to run their generator and if i did i would have been able to cool off in front of their A.C.
    I had to pass and they wanted to know why?...
    Cause i carried my own 6500 btu unit with me...
    Oh they said...
    Me thats right..Thanks for the offer...I'm good...
    Not once did these yahoos offer to buy any fuel from me after i carried it over 220 miles...
    Color me suprised..!!!
    Just one of my after the storm travels...When i tell someone that people turn to zombies before,during,and after a storm...I'm not kidding....

16. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I have seen stupid and I can tell you one thing: people are not only stupid they are dangerous! I have yet to be in a major "disaster" of any means, only here when the power went down for 4 days on 2 occasions....they get crazy, and fast! I cannot begin to imagine what they'd do, IF something serious happened! I'd load the cannon and put it right at the front door!
    Knock knock...Yes? Who's there? stupid neighbors come to beg, borrow, and or steal! bye bye!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. beast

beast backwoodsman

thats the one thing ive always liked about this area
    **** goes bad, the people pull together and share
    not sure how it will be now tho, was a major influx from detroit a few years back
    altho i think most of them split when the bottom started falling out

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Get to know your neighbors...period...This will become your band..Real fast against zombie hoards...

LogOut likes this.
  19. beast

beast backwoodsman

been here 43 years, already know the ones worth knowin :)
    (and the ones to shoot on sight)

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

^^^ True enough beast...Always a droid or 2 in the neighborhood that is useless....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7