it's going to be horrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dystopia, Jul 30, 2011.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I'm "Making a list and checkin' it twice..."

VisuTrac likes this.
  2. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I've got a few similiar stories from evacuating family south to north LA or evacuating and supplying family in texas with supplies in LA..

The worst was living through Andrew, with no electricity for a month.. I was in HS, fortunately my mom had a head on her shoulders and we were fine.. But there were many people who were TOTALLY dependant on the FEMA handouts.. Food, water, clothes..

All we lacked was ice and gas towards the end..
    I was related to just about everybody in the town we were in for Andrew, so it wasnt that bad.. Everybody new everybody.. and it makes a big difference when people start getting desperate cuz you know who to shoot first or not.. lol

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Andrew was by far one of the top 5 hurricanes that i've every been in...
    I swear to God..My house came alive..I saw the walls breath and the ceiling shuttering...

4. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Same here with Hurricane Floyd, except my house ended up with 5 feet of water in it...what a mess!:rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

Not gonna be so horrible for us. like Gator 45/70 I know which neighbors are good folk and like beast I know who to shoot first (if they're stoopid enough to come after us) most of the worthless will skedaddle for the .gov shelter and stay for the duration.

The big ice storm of '08 taught a lot of folks a lesson they'll not likely forget. We learned a lot then too. Mostly about who one can trust.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Where i live we get to experience power outages every freaking year that last anywhere from a couple of days to a week or so.

Summer ones are typically the worst in my opinion. House gets a bit too hot. All outdoor cooking.

Winter is awesome though. Most of the neighbors bail to where there is power. We just toss another log on the fireplace inserts on main floor and basement. melt Use the wood fired sauna for melting snow into water and body/soul cleansing.

Spring and Fall, meh. Kind of like winter home camping.

We love the fireplace inserts for cooking. backed potatoes in the fire box. large flat top for boiling or frying. we are good to go.

Looking at adding rain water capture on large scale this year for animals and humans as ya get perty stinky working in the sun all day ;)

tacmotusn likes this.
  7. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Andrew was a direct hit for us (gator and myself) all others were skirting, left or right, but did have us having to drive into "zombie land" to deliver supplies and assist relatives..

Recently (last year) OKC experienced the "blizzard of 10'" and I was shocked at how many people freaked out, or, oppositely, acted as "business as usual" trying to get out and drive around in thier honda accords and buick lesabres to goto wally world.. Wally world was open, and, it was decimated by people running through the store wildly grabbing foodstuff and such.. I was just wandering around watching in awe at all the sheeple, scrambling for last minute supplies.. such as bread and such..

Sometimes, once your prepared for the storm, it is amazing to just sit back and watch humanity scramble.. kinda like watching ants when you kick the mound..

Maybe I'm sick like that, but I carry at all times in crises, so, call me crazy..

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah I remember you posting about the blizzard...Seems you were a 1 man towing service...and scored some free meals from someone you freed...
    Sheeple watching should be declared a sport into itself...ccc

9. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

yeah, free meals and discounts at harbor freight.. That was pretty cool.
    I kept a good distance from any sheeple I saw coming into the parking lots..

If you can imagine a cajun in a blizzard.. pretty funny thought if you think about it..

But I had prior experience with working in canada, got to see -60 for a week. It was brutal.. But a lesson learned well..

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I've seen cajuns in a blizzard in 1980... it was a hoot.... mud bogging is not equal to snow and ice...

11. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

Hear, Hear!!

Beast,
    So much of what you say is based in real life experience and down to earth thinking. I admire you. Your stance should be a dang training video!

Suerto likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7