I've had enough for awhile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yonder, Nov 13, 2006.

1. yonder

yonder No Despot's Servant

Hot on the heels of the Infidel banning, I got a moderatoragram for posting something that got a few people hot and bothered, or so I'm told. It's a great community, really, but I think some of the moderators are too quick to act sometimes and not let the community work out its own problems.

I'm not killing my account or anything but I'm going to take a break from visiting here for awhile (maybe longer) and come back some other time to see if the moderators have their stuff together a little better.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Our Moderator did the right thing, you need to read the COC and follow it.
    It shows that you havent read it or dont care to follow it.
    Have a safe trip, and come back and visit.

3. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The moderator did their duty by following the rules that you Yonder seem to like to ignore or don't have any respect for.

If you can't follow the same rules that applies to "everyone" on this forum, then maybe you need to take a break for a while. Your more than welcome to come back when you're ready, but the rules will still be the same.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There is not a moderator on this forum who takes any pleasure in locking or deleting anything presented by the members. We all firmly support the First Amendment and find it distastful to have to exercise the lock or delete option. We have had extensive discussions in the moderator forum about this very topic. Our Code of Conduct (CoC) is fairly broad allowing for diverse opinions and discussions. However, the few rules, standard if you wish, that do exist have been carefully thought out with the freedom of everyone considered. When there is a blatant disregard for one of these simple and reasonable standards, it is the responsibility of the Mod or Admin on-line at the time to act in the best interests of all of the members. Every Mod or Admin is happy to answer any question and discuss any action taken. We're happy to review our decisions, as a group, to make sure the decision to lock/delete was appropriate. If you have concerns, questions, opinions, or disagreement, let us know.

5. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

I am not a moderator.....But have found most moderators & members on SM to be very reasonable in their dealings with each other.

Several forums are losing a lot of members due to intolerance of different views and even religions.....so thank your lucky stars you have the monkey to visit.

Long live discussions
    cg

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry to hear this Yonder. I know you disagree, but that post did technically violate the CoC.

We did just update it and are trying to make things smooth around here.
    Code Of Conduct

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7