Jericho Season Two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Jun 5, 2007.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=contentrail style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 18px; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" width=540><!-- BEGIN HEADER --><!-- GRAPHIC HEADER -->[​IMG]
    <!-- TEXT HEADERBLOG NAME

--><!-- END HEADER --><!--BLOG POSTS BEGIN HERE--><!-- entries --><!-- begin custom individual entry --><!-- content nav -->« 'The Sopranos': One to go | Main

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/06/its_official_th.html#more
    <!-- entry -->Resurrection: The fans save Jericho

[​IMG]
    Sometimes going a little nutty is a good thing.

For weeks, "Jericho" junkies have been firing e-mails (effectively shutting down InBoxes at CBS and this newspaper), signing petitions and sending bags of nuts to CBS headquarters in protest.

The assault seems to have worked, "Jericho" creator and executive producer Carol Barbee said Tuesday. CBS executives are in discussions with the show's producers and actors to resuscitate the show -- killed just last month -- for an eight-episode run in mid-season.

"The idea would not be to bring it for eight and out, but to bring it back for eight with the hope that it would keep going," Barbee said. "They're making deals with the actors and there's other logistical stuff to work out too. 'Swingtown' [a new drama] was supposed to take over the same stages so it's a lot about the logistics of how to work out a schedule that works for all of us."

Barbee said the fan fever for the show did not surprise her-she had been keeping a close eye on the show's viewers on the Web. But she never expected CBS to change its mind because of the devotion.
    "I was so kicked in the gut when we were canceled," she said. "I was really upset and angry and mourning over this amazing experience we had this year and this amazing family we put together and this show we were all so proud of. I didn't see the end coming so it felt like it wasn't over."
    When the fan fight to save the show would not let up, CBS began talks with producers about a two-hour movie that would wrap up the show, but the writers were not interested, Barbee said.
    "We just felt like that was doing it short-shrift, and it's too big of a story to wrap up in a two-hour movie," she said. "I really think that what has been learned here is that networks are going to have to look at numbers and who is watching their show and who is downloading their show in a different way from here on out. I think they have to understand that the Nielsens are not telling the story anymore and that the 18-49 demographic they're all so keen on is online and that's how increasingly they are getting their news and entertainment."
    Since the fan revolt began, "Jericho" viewers have insisted they also would not be satisfied with a TV movie or online re-cap that told them how the "Jericho" story ends.
    If the actors sign on the dotted line -- and those deals should be in place in the next day or two -- Barbee said "Jericho" junkies will get their way.
    -- Maria Elena Fernandez

<SCRIPT src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~s/typepad/LATimes/showtracker?i=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/06/its_official_th.html" type=text/javascript charset=utf-8></SCRIPT>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I liked the show and would watch it if they brought it back. I just wish people would get as upset about losing their rights.

OGM

3. E.L.

Some do. I have written way more e-mails and letters, and placed more calls to congress/the White House than I ever have for a television program. That being said, I think that this program is important for the very reason that so far it is very PRO-GUN and conservative. Coming from a major network like CBS that is making giant strides. I do agree though, more people should be writing and calling as constituents and demanding results.

4. E.L.

It's back!

<HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1>
    Below is a message from CBS Entertainment.

http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/f...ages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=13329&redirCnt=1

June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts [​IMG]

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts (??) I'm amazed this actually worked , seems I will have to modify my cynical curmudgeonly worldview now...

6. E.L.

Maybe we should start sending nuts to congress.

NUTS to your immigration bill!

7. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I heard George Noory on Coast to Coast last night say they signed another 7 episodes...... I don't watch it, but I'm happy to see it worked for y'all. [winkthumb]

8. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WOOOHOOO!!!

I'll bet buying season one when it comes out on DVD :)

9. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Monkey+++

They're going to need 7 shows just to tie up all the loose ends they left hanging.

AE

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Monkey+++

Was not much of an entertainment TV watcher but Jericho was very, very good. Glad the campaign paid off.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7