Jericho update...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Might do a Buffy the Vampire Killer resurection. It was cancelld on network then picked up on WB and ran for several more seasons.

We can only hope.

2. FrancisMarion

FrancisMarion Monkey+++

I caught a couple of episodes last weekend on SCI-FI channel. Maybe they'll pick it up.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have been surfing the net through various "Jericho" boards and it seems to be the biggest campaign is to write the SCI-FI Channel and others to pick it up, and to CBS Paramount to encourage them to make a movie, and to sell the series to another network. Supposedly they are in discussions with several networks. The SCI-FI Channel seems to be the most likely.

If you want to support the series and bring it back from the dead twice, here are some links to follow.

http://www.jerichorallypoint.com/home/

http://www.jericho-kansas.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

http://www.jericho-kansas.com/JerichoTelegraph/tabid/75/Default.aspx

http://www.jerichonet2.com/board/index.php?

I typed up a couple of letters to CBS Paramount, and The SCI-FI Channel President. From what I hear from the studios, a letter is worth hundreds of e-mails.

You can write to CBS Paramount at:

Nancy Tellem
    CBS Paramount Network TV
    4024 Radford Ave.
    Studio City, CA. 91604

I just wrote and thanked them for the series that I and my family really enjoyed, and requested that both a movie be produced and that the series be sold to another network if CBS was not going to air it. I also informed them that I watched some of the episodes online, but mostly on my DVR, which is not recorded in any ratings system. I stated that the I-Tunes sales of "Jericho" are among the highest, and that I have purchased two copies of the Season One DVDs.

You can also reach the SCI-FI Channel at:

Dave Howe
    President
    SCI-FI Channel
    21st Floor
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112.

If you want the series to live another day, then we as fans will have to let the networks know of our support. E-mails are great, but letters do a lot more.

I enjoy the program and stamps to do not cost that much. Just like I will write my congressmen, I will write the TV studios also. I hope that it plays a small part in throwing a wrench into the Matrix, and if nothing else it makes me feel as though I have done my part.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I will personally write the Sci-Fi Channel.

5. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

I thoroughly enjoyed that last episode. I think it will take another 20 episodes to wrap up the plot line. Either that or 2 full length movies. They should take their pick on which will cost them the least.
    Another note, If they owned all their gear, then wouldnt their soon be coming a surplus of vehicles that they didnt want to store anymore? I'd like to get my hands on a Humvee or 2. Maybe like after the first gulf war when they were going for about 8k a piece.
    I can dream...

6. E.L.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/865/865229p1.html?RSSwhen2008-04-08_122800&RSSid=865229

Jericho Third Season Still Possible

We told you it wasn't over yet...

April 8, 2008
    - At this point, any news of Jericho's demise should be considered exaggerated. Once a show proves that it can rise from the ashes based on fan support – it becomes a unique commodity in television. While Jericho's audience might not be CSI-sized – they are far from the regular casual viewers. They are dedicated, and they'll follow the series wherever it goes. Exploiting the value of such an audience is just good business – and it looks like others are starting to figure that out.

Possibly taking a page from the book used by Friday Night Lights, CBS Paramount is – allegedly – looking into a deal with cable provider Comcast. According to a report in the New York Times, discussions have already been underway involving a possible deal to revive Jericho. This certainly seems to go along with what Jericho producer Carol Barbee said, when she referred to such talks.
    <!-- start image div -->
    [​IMG] - CBS
    "All right, let's go close that Comcast deal!"
    <!--- end image div -->
    Comcast, which serves roughly 24 million subscribers, would likely get an exclusive window on broadcasting the series – though at the moment it's not sure where the show would end up following that window. In the cast of the Friday Night Lights deal, those episodes will ultimately air on NBC after the exclusive window with DirecTV. While the Comcast/Jericho deal is unofficial, and sounds far from certain – questions remain as to whether the series will continue in some form on CBS – or will there be more movement as the deal changes?

One thing is for sure, the show is interesting to many parties – and not just the fans. There is money to be made from this audience, who has proven itself extraordinarily loyal and supportive – and one thing the television business knows how to do is find the money. While Jericho fans will surely be following this news closely (as will we) – it'll also be interesting to watch if this sets a precedent for shows that develop an audience on network TV but cannot sustain network expectations.

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Where do we write to? My dughter and I have both been writing letters to CBS and Sci-fi channel.

8. E.L.

I don't know what the latest campaign is. I would send some more to CBS Paramount, and it doesn't hurt to mail the SCI-FI channel too. I will look around and see if their is an active campaign to mail Comcast.

Here it is:
    http://www.jericho-kansas.com/Community/SaveJerichoCampaign/tabid/195/Default.aspx
    <TR><TD valign="top" align="left">
    Letters are gold in any fan campaign. eMails are pennies, petitions aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and phone calls are often viewed as harassment.
    A single letter is worth dozens if not hundreds of eMails. Why? Exactly, because it is almost impossible to get the average fan to write a single letter. Real letters take thought, effort, and then they still have to be mailed. For the hundred fans who would send an email, or the thousand fans which would click a button to 'sign a petition' you're lucky if you get a single one them to write a letter.
    Even if you send eMails, even if you sign petitions, please, please, please, send letters.
    If you would like to contribute in the various discussions to organize these efforts, you can do so at the www.jerichonet2.com forums. JKI, Jerichonet, Jericho Times, and the Fans of IMDB are all working together to bring the best up-to-date information to all fans.

<!-- End_Module_854 -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD valign="top" align="left">

Please help: Please use the Fan Widget to get the word out.
    <!-- [​IMG]
    -->

<!-- Start_Module_859 -->The 'fan widget' is a widget which can be used on other websites to keep fans updated with the latest info on the fan effort.
    If the forum software allows it, you can post the fan widget on forums or in some cases use it as a signature.
    We're continuing to develop the widget as a tool to help keep fans up-to-date on the Save Jericho Fan Campaign.

click here to look at the widget or get the code to use the widget elsewhere.

<!-- End_Module_859 -->

Please help: Contact CBS.
    <!-- [​IMG]
    -->

<!-- Start_Module_856 -->PLEASE be polite in your letters and cards, and if you choose to call then be EXTRA polite. The negative phone calls/letters can hurt the effort to secure a future for Jericho.
    If you only have time for one letter today, then the most IMPORTANT person to write is Nancy Tellem. Write these people and ask them to sell/shop Jericho to a different network:
    Ms. Nancy Tellem
    President
    CBS Paramount Network Television
    Entertainment Group
    4024 Radford Avenue
    Studio City, CA 91604-2190
    New phone: 818-655-5000

Mr. David Staph
    President
    CBS Paramount Network Television
    4024 Radford Avenue
    Studio City, CA 91604-2190

Note: New address for CBS Paramount Network Television.

<!-- End_Module_856 -->

Please help: Ask Other Stations to Consider Picking-up Jericho.
    <!-- [​IMG]
    -->

<!-- Start_Module_857 -->Write to the networks considering Jericho:

Comcast Cable

Comcast Cable
    One Comcast Center
    Philadelphia, PA 19103

Names:
    Mr. Stephen Burke, President
    Mr. Madison Bond, Executive Vice President of Content Acquisition

Note: As per the New York Times and other sources, Comcast is in talks.

SCI FI Channel

http://www.scifi.com/help/feedback/
    Sci Fi link takes you to the page which gives you e-mails for different types of feedback. Note: Please do not send eMail to Sci Fi Wire. Sci Fi Wire is the news reporting service for SCI FI and does not make decisions regarding broadcasting.
    SCI FI Channel
    21st Floor
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112

Names:
    Mr. David Howe, President
    Mr. Mark Stern, Vice President of Programming
    Mr. Thomas Vitale, Senior Vice President of Programming

Info for letters to Sci Fi

Note: Although we were initially told Sci Fi isn't interested, they apparently are. Also if inclined, please post on the SciFi.com Jericho forums. This also shows Sci Fi support for Jericho. Forum Here.

DirecTV, Inc.
    DirecTV, Inc.
    2230 E. Imperial Hwy.
    El Segundo, CA 90245
    Fax 310-535-5225

Names:
    Mr. Chase Carey, President and Chief Executive Officer
    Mr. Michael W. Palkovic, Executive Vice President Operations
    Mr. Paul Guyardo, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

Note: Although DirecTV is a satellite provider, some of the shows they produce are shown via pay-to-view internet streaming.

The CW
    Here's an email address for the CW: feedback@CWTV.com

The CW Television Network
    4000 Warner Blvd.
    Burbank, CA 91522
    Fax 818-954-7667

Names:
    Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
    Mr. Thom Sherman, Executive President Drama Development

Info for letters to The CW courtesy of Jerichonet2.com

</TD></TR>

9. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Going to be a shame for it to continue without Gerald McRanney his character was a much more credible leader of our little town than his sons or that damn Grey clown .

10. E.L.

Gerald McRaney is a fine character, but he wanted off the show after they moved the time slot to a less than favorable position (maybe he saw the hand writing on the wall) so his character was killed off at the end of season one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7