Jerry Brown signs bill requiring childhood vaccinations

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by stg58, Jun 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Over medicated means bad Dr.s, more common is the patient that does not finish a correct prescription and stops taking their meds because they get Macho and feel better but still not cured and go back to work and infect others with the germ survivors that survived the half ass attempt of finishing a prescription. This simply allows a more resistant strain to develop over time. More common than over medication.

2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Vaccines have saved million upon millions of lives. Having said that there are some vaccines that are causing issues and with all the new vaccines out there today I question as to whether some of them are really needed or are they a way to make more money for big pharma
    edit: Btw jerry brown is an idiot

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Ganado and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  3. Sassenach

Sassenach Deo Vindice

Until illegals who live in third world dung heaps are vaccinated before they slither across the borders, we'll continue to have outbreaks of these diseases.

4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well I for one agree with BTPOST. Someone steals your car and commits a crime (runs red light/wreck/robs bank) YOU should be held responsible (see "gun owners are responsible for criminal misuse of guns"). Someone sneezes and I get a cold/flu, THEY should have to pay for my treatment. They wear ugly cloths and I am offended, they should be jailed. Just keep the "if they want freedom and I want to be a slave to the gov't" going to it's logical extreme and you will see that BT and I didn't even scratch the surface of gov't control here.

Also I think TOTAL control of our lives is wonderful! Can't buy a large flush toilet? Why? Because Commiefornia had a drought and CONgress mandated VERY ONE had to use a low flush toilet that needed four/five flushes to work.

Next we are be told that if you are too old, too crippled, or just aren't paying enough in taxes you will die because you won't get care (see Obamacare/VA hospitals. Yeah it really is in there).

Obummer said that just because you have an individual right, that is no reason the gov't can't strip it from you (2008 at UN).

I TOTALLY agree with BTPost that the gov't knows far better than I do what is good for me or parents do about what is good for their children. While this country was founded by people taking risks and doing for themselves, as long as we can vote ourselves more money from the public dole and sit and do nothing and have the gov't pay for it all (after all, the money doesn't belong to anyone! It's gov't money! Remember the quote "Obummer promised me free healthcare and I want it! NOW!" "Where's Obummer getting the money to pay for it all?" "I don't know and I don't care, as long as he gives it to me!"). I see no reason why anyone should work (see Seattle and the $15.hr minimum wage) if working will risk their welfare, low rent housing, food stamps, etc. After all the gov't will take care of you from womb (if you are lucky enough to avoid getting sold as baby parts by Planned Parenthood - "I want a Lamborghini!") to tomb (you are not paying enough in taxes, you will now die - Obummercare) why should any one take personal responsibility for themselves? Let the gov't do it for you!

More solylent green anyone? The gov't said it is good for you!

Tully Mars, john316 and Mountainman like this.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Good satire.

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. john316

john316 Monkey+++

it is not satire

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

foosed

Marck and Tully Mars like this.
  8. john316

john316 Monkey+++

dear old fart
    ass u me.....you are vaccinated.....you believe you are protected 100%
    if you are protected 100%........you have NOTHING to fear from an unvaccinated person
    if you are protected 100%........you have NOTHING to fear from an infected person
    an unvaccinated person may become infected ...and may infect an unvaccinated person
    "If you get Infected, then it was by YOUR choice, To Bad, So Sad....."
    if you are protected 100%........you have NOTHING to fear
    if you fear............you do not believe that you are protected 100%
    "However, if you then Pass the Infection ON, to another, Vaccinated, or NOT, ................"
    the unvaccinated person chose the risk
    the vaccinated person was wrong

vaccination is so safe that we have a LAW to protect the maker(s)

The US Government Has Paid out $3 Billion to Vaccine-Injured Americans Since 1989

google “vaccine court.”

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. HK_User

Then again there is always the chance of a strain changing.
    An example of menegitis changes and the fact that no guarantee can ever be made where Mother Nature is in charge.

The specific strain linked to all the cases in New York City is part of serogroup C. It’s the same strain that first surfaced when a woman came down with meningitis in New York City back in 2003. The speed in which meningitis kills has complicated the search for people at risk.

"In New York, “we’ve had several cases who have been actually found dead in their apartment before they’d even gone to see a medical provider. So that is, to us, absolutely terrifying," Dr. Jay Varma, the New York City Deputy Commissioner for Disease Control in the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, told The Edge Boston in early March."

You're barking up the wrong Tree.

The above outbreak was once thought to be from male homosexuals now proves to be from both male and female homosexuals as well as those in close contact.

You could get the vaccine and die before it took effect.

Screw with mother nature and you'll pay the price. Even get close to someone who does can get you killed if a strain changes.

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My children received the chicken pox vaccination because they were in daycare and some places required shot records. You can choose to take your business elsewhere if you choose not to vaccinate. Since then I have heard that the chickenpox vaccination is not a lifetime protection. When my children were young there was a study that said the vaccination would be wearing off when the kids were in their 20's. Chickenpox in your 20's can lead to sterilization. If that is true are we looking at population control courtesy of the gov & big pharma?

Ganado and HK_User like this.
  11. HK_User

Times change as does the experience with time honored beliefs.

Point in this is the "over 65" pneumonia shot has now been upgraded.

Or as my Doc said "This is the one time shot we said you'd never need again!"

Fact is there have been 13 new strains found thus the name Prevnar 13
    • Prevnar 13® is a vaccine approved in the U.S. for adults 50 years of age and older for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by 13 Streptococcus pneumoniae strains (1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F). This indication is based upon immune responses to the vaccine
    • For children 6 weeks through 17 years of age, Prevnar 13® is approved in the U.S. for the prevention of invasive disease caused by the 13 vaccine strains, and for children 6 weeks through 5 years for the prevention of otitis media caused by 7 of the 13 strains
    • Prevnar 13® is not 100% effective and will only help protect against the 13 strains included in the vaccine
    • Effectiveness when given less than 5 years after a pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine is not known.
    I have had pneumonia in both lungs at the same time and I'll tell one and all I nearly died.

Your risk, your life just do not get near me if you show signs of disease when SHTF.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Re: Chicken pox. The latest push is for vaccinations against it. Not sure how that works, since by all accounts, the virus is already aboard.

HK_User likes this.
  13. HK_User

Could be like measles and changes as the body ages as seen below.
    And yes I have that Shingles vaccine in my body too. If you know any one with shingles you'll know why.

"However, there is one long-term consequence of chickenpox that strikes about 20 percent of the population, particularly people 50 and older. Like all herpes viruses, the varicella-zoster virus never leaves the body after an episode of chickenpox. It lies dormant in the nerve cells, where it may be reactivated years later by disease or age-related weakening of the immune system. The result is shingles (also called herpes zoster), a painful nerve inflammation, accompanied by a rash that usually affects the trunk or the face for ten days or more. Especially in the elderly, pain, called postherpetic neuralgia, may persist at the site of the shingles for months or years."

chicken pox
    Home Medicine Diseases and Conditions Pathology
    Gale Encyclopedia of... Gale Encyclopedia of... Gale Encyclopedia of... The Columbia Encyclopedia,... Further reading

Tools
    Chickenpox
    Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence | 2006 | Kapes, Beth; Odle, Teresa; Carson-DeWitt, Rosalyn
    COPYRIGHT 2006 Thomson Gale.
    Chickenpox
    Definition

Chickenpox (also called varicella) is a common, extremely infectious, rash-producing childhood disease that also affects adults on occasion.

Description
    Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (a member of the herpes virus family), which is spread through the air or by direct contact with an infected person. It produces an itchy, blistery rash that typically lasts about a week and is sometimes accompanied by a fever or other symptoms. A single attack of chickenpox almost always brings lifelong immunity against the disease. Because the symptoms of chickenpox are easily recognized and in most cases merely unpleasant rather than dangerous, treatment can almost always be carried out at home. Severe complications can develop, however, and professional medical attention is essential in some circumstances.

Once someone has been infected with the virus, an incubation period of about 10 to 21 days passes before symptoms begin. The period during which infected people are able to spread the disease is believed to start one or two days before the rash breaks out and to continue until all the blisters have formed scabs, which usually happens four to seven days after the rash breaks out but may be longer in adolescents and adults. For this reason, doctors recommend keeping children with chickenpox away from school for about a week. It is not necessary, however, to wait until all the scabs have fallen off.

Prior to the use of the varicella vaccine, chickenpox was a typical part of growing up for most children in the industrialized world. The disease can strike at any age, but throughout the twentieth century by ages nine or ten about 80 to 90 percent of American children had already been infected. U.S. children living in rural areas and many foreign-born children were less likely to be immune. Study results reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate that more than 90 percent of American adults are immune to the chickenpox virus. Adults, however, are much more likely than children to suffer dangerous complications. More than half of all chickenpox deaths occur among adults.

Demographics
    Before the varicella vaccine (Varivax) was released for use in 1995, nearly all of the 4 million children born each year in the United States contracted chickenpox, resulting in hospitalization in five of every 1,000 cases and 100 deaths. Because almost every case of chickenpox, no matter how mild, leads to lifelong protection against further attacks, adults account for less than 5 percent of all cases in the United States.

Causes and symptoms
    A case of chickenpox usually starts without warning or with only a mild fever and a slight feeling of unwellness. Within a few hours or days small red spots begin to appear on the scalp, neck, or upper half of the trunk. After another 12 to 24 hours the spots typically become itchy, fluid-filled bumps called vesicles, which continue to appear in crops for the next two to five days. In any area of skin, lesions of a variety of stages can be seen. These blisters can spread to cover much of the skin, and in some cases also may be found inside the mouth, nose, ears, vagina, or rectum. Some people develop only a few blisters, but in most cases the number reaches 250 to 500. The blisters soon begin to form scabs and fall off. Scarring usually does not occur unless the blisters have been scratched and become infected. Occasionally a minor and temporary darkening of the skin (called hyperpigmentation) is noticed around some of the blisters. The degree of itchiness can range from barely noticeable to extreme. Some chickenpox sufferers also have headaches, abdominal pain , or a fever. Full recovery usually takes five to ten days after the first symptoms appear. Again, the most severe cases of the disease tend to be found among older children and adults.

Although for most people chickenpox is no more than a matter of a few days' discomfort, some groups are at risk for developing complications, the most common of which are bacterial infections of the blisters, pneumonia, dehydration, encephalitis , and hepatitis. Some of the groups at greater risk are:

• Infants: Complications occur much more often among children younger than one year old than among older children. The threat is greatest to newborns, who are more at risk of death from chickenpox than any other group. Under certain circumstances, children born to mothers who contract chickenpox just prior to delivery face an increased possibility of dangerous consequences, including brain damage and death. If the infection occurs during early pregnancy, there is a small (less than 5%) risk of congenital abnormalities.
    • Immunocompromised children: Children whose immune systems have been weakened by a genetic disorder, disease, or medical treatment usually experience the most severe symptoms of any group. They have the second-highest rate of death from chickenpox.
    • Adults and children 15 and older: Among this group, the typical symptoms of chickenpox tend to strike with greater force, and the risk of complications is much higher than among young children.
    Immediate medical help should always be sought when anyone in these high-risk groups contracts the disease.

Diagnosis
    Where children are concerned, especially those with recent exposure to the disease, diagnosis can usually be made at home, by a school nurse, or by a doctor over the telephone if the child's parent or caregiver is unsure that the disease is chickenpox.

Treatment
    With children, treatment usually takes place in the home and focuses on reducing discomfort and fever. Because chickenpox is a viral disease, antibiotics are ineffective against it.

Applying wet compresses or bathing the child in cool or lukewarm water once a day can help the itch. Adding four to eight ounces of baking soda or one or two cups of oatmeal to the bath is a good idea (oatmeal bath packets are sold by pharmacies). Only mild soap should be used in the bath. Patting, not rubbing, is recommended for drying the child off, to prevent irritating the blisters. Calamine lotion (and some other kinds of lotions) also reduces itchiness. Because scratching can cause blisters to become infected and lead to scarring, the child's nails should be cut short. Of course, older children need to be warned not to scratch. For babies, light mittens or socks on the hands can help guard against scratching.

If mouth blisters make eating or drinking an unpleasant experience, cold drinks and soft, bland foods can ease the child's discomfort. Painful genital blisters can be treated with an anesthetic cream recommended by a doctor or pharmacist. Antibiotics often are prescribed if blisters become infected.

Fever and discomfort can be reduced by acetaminophen or another medication that does not contain aspirin. Aspirin and any medications that contain aspirin or other salicylates must not be used with chickenpox, for they appear to increase the chances of developing Reye's syndrome . The best idea is for a parent to consult a doctor or pharmacist to confirm which medications are safe.

Immunocompromised chickenpox sufferers are sometimes given an antiviral drug called acyclovir (Zovirax). Studies have shown that Zovirax also lessens the symptoms of otherwise healthy children and adults who contract chickenpox, but the notion that it should be used to treat the disease among the general population, especially in children, is controversial.

Prognosis
    Most cases of chickenpox run their course within a week without causing lasting harm. However, there is one long-term consequence of chickenpox that strikes about 20 percent of the population, particularly people 50 and older. Like all herpes viruses, the varicella-zoster virus never leaves the body after an episode of chickenpox. It lies dormant in the nerve cells, where it may be reactivated years later by disease or age-related weakening of the immune system. The result is shingles (also called herpes zoster), a painful nerve inflammation, accompanied by a rash that usually affects the trunk or the face for ten days or more. Especially in the elderly, pain, called postherpetic neuralgia, may persist at the site of the shingles for months or years. As of 2004, two relatively newer drugs for treatment of shingles are valacyclovir (Valtrex) and famciclovir (Famvir), both of which stop the replication of herpes zoster when administered within 72 hours of appearance of the rash. The effectiveness of these two drugs in immunocompromised patients has not been established, and Famvir was not recommended for patients under 18 years.

Prevention
    A substance known as varicella-zoster immune globulin (VZIG), which reduces the severity of chickenpox symptoms, is as of 2004 available to treat immunocompromised children and others at high risk of developing complications. It is administered by injection within 96 hours of known or suspected exposure to the disease and is not useful after that. VZIG is produced as a gamma globulin from blood of recently infected individuals.

A vaccine for chickenpox became available in the United States in 1995 under the name Varivax. Varivax is a live, attenuated (weakened) virus vaccine. It has been proven to be 85 percent effective for preventing all cases of chickenpox and close to 100 percent effective in preventing severe cases. Side effects are normally limited to occasional soreness or redness at the injection site. CDC guidelines state that the vaccine should be given to all children (with the exception of certain high-risk groups) at 12 to 18 months of age, preferably when they receive their measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. For older children, up to age 12, the CDC recommends vaccination when a reliable determination that the child in question has already had chickenpox cannot be made. Vaccination also is recommended for any older child or adult considered susceptible to the disease, particularly those, such as healthcare workers and women of childbearing age, who face a greater likelihood of severe illness or transmitting infection. A single dose of the vaccine was once thought sufficient for children up to age 12; older children and adults received a second dose four to eight weeks later. However, an outbreak at a daycare center in 2000 brought concern in the medical community about a second vaccination for younger children, since many of the affected children had been vaccinated. Researchers began recommending a second vaccination in 2002. In 1997, the cost of two adult doses of the vaccine in the United States was about $80. Although this cost was not always covered by health insurance plans, children up to age 18 without access to the appropriate coverage could be vaccinated free of charge through the federal Vaccines for Children program. Varivax is not given to patients who already have overt signs of the disease. It was once thought unsafe for children with chronic kidney disease, but a 2003 report said the vaccination was safe in these children. The finding is important, since even chickenpox can be a serious complication in children who must undergo a kidney transplant.

The vaccine also is not recommended for pregnant women, and women should delay pregnancy for three months following a complete vaccination. The vaccine is useful when given early after exposure to chickenpox and, if given in the midst of the incubation period, it can be preventative. The Infectious Diseases Society of America stated in 2000 that immunization is recommended for all adults who have never had chickenpox.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Motomom34 likes this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

As I understand it, if you have chickenpox as a child (as I did) I will never get it again, and protects against Shingles, which is a harder hitting adult version.
    Vaccines contain a weak version of what you are protecting against. (To key the immune system, and JumpStart the antibody production) so you feel under the weather for a few days after getting the shots. (You ARE getting a weaker version, after all, and the same would true with other vaccines.)

Motomom34 likes this.
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

No. You can still get shingles because while shingles is a form of the chickenpox virus it is not 100% the same. You will not get chickenpox again but you are able to get shingles. Also, depending on your immunity and such you can become more prone to shingles. Shingles is nasty, hurtful. I have had shingles and so has one of my friends, it is not just the elderly that get shingles.

kellory and HK_User like this.
  16. kellory

My mother in law has had it, and you are right, it is nasty. It was, however, my GP doc who told me chickenpox as a child prevents the adult version.

17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@kellory

kellory likes this.
  18. kellory

Learned something new, thank You, moto.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yes, the Shingles Virus, is a Kiss'en Cousin to the Chicken Pox Virus, and if you had Chicken Pox as a child, as I did, you will have that Virus inside you, forever. It just lays dormant in you, or if it does Flair you already have the AntiBody Killers in your Blood Stream to Kill it.... It, then can mutate to the Shingles Virus, and give you Shingles. I had that as well. The thing about Shingles, is that if you can keep your HANDS away from the Pustule's, and let them alone, you will NOT spread the Virus, around on your body. Shingles attacks the Nerve Ends in your SKIN, and if you spread it around your skin, it will infect other Nerve Ends in the Area, and make things a whole lot worse. They NOW have a Vaccine for Shingle, that is just coming on the market. Haven't read the research on it, but it does sound promising, from what the Talking Heads are saying......

kellory likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. Ganado
  3. oil pan 4
  4. oil pan 4
  5. john316
  6. OldDude49
  7. UncleMorgan
  8. sec_monkey
  9. tulianr
  10. Yard Dart
  11. CATO