1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Jerry Falwell dead at 73

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, May 16, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Was it Falwell that claimed (years ago) that god would kill him if he didn't raise a million bucks? Or was that Pat Robertson?

Sorry to offend any that actually liked the old troll, but I think the world is a little better place today.

No, no.... I just found it.... It was Oral Roberts and it was 8 million or god would "call him home".
  2. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think the world is better because of some of the things he did. Not perfect for sure, but then who is?
  3. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I for one will not miss him or his "good" influence on certain aspects of this society over the past decades.
  4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

He must have been doing something right to be so demonized by the popular media.

Rest in Peace, Jerry
  5. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Winter is coming

I think it was actually Orel Roberts who said that God was going to 'call him home' if he didn't raise X amount of money.

I have been is some trouble in my life here and there, but God never put no contract out on me.
  6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Yeah, once God puts out an 8 million dollar hit on you, you're in deep.
  7. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary