Jigger Fishing

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Gator 45/70, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Its a hoot! I've done this before for bass, You had better be hanging on!

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

What happens if an 8 ft gator grabs what you are offering?

GrayGhost and mechstdr like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Then, you'd better be ready to let go!! [gone]

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hang on, Your going for one heck of a ride!

GrayGhost, mechstdr and tacmotusn like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had to look up what a jigger pole is.I had never heard of it or seen anything like it. Reminded my of fly fishing.
    I found this-
    And this person wrote of the family secret of jigger fishing and pole.
    Does anyone know what a jiggerpole is and how to fish with it?

6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

We used to catch frogs using a jigger pole

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I used to J-word pole fish when I was a kid.

GrayGhost, mechstdr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I tend to use a long pole and avoid reels and the snarled lines. My pole is 16 foot and so that line goes out a ways. But i am just fishing in a kinda normal way.As normal as I am ever gonna do anyhow.

GrayGhost, mechstdr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

This looks like it is worth giving a try. There are some rivers and small lakes around here that I would like to try out.

10. reitiafasd

reitiafasd Monkey

Jigger fishing is a technique used in both freshwater and saltwater fishing that involves vertically jigging a lure or bait up and down in the water column to attract fish. This technique is especially effective for catching predatory fish like bass, walleye, and pike in freshwater, and species like tuna, amberjack, and grouper in saltwater.

To jigger fish, a special type of fishing rod and reel is used, along with a jigging lure or bait that mimics the movement of a wounded or distressed prey. The angler casts the lure or bait into the water, and then lifts and drops the rod tip in a rhythmic motion to make the lure or bait move up and down in the water column.

Jigger fishing requires a certain amount of skill and patience, as the angler must carefully watch and feel for any bites or strikes. Once a fish is hooked, the angler must use the rod to fight and land the fish, which can often be a challenging and exciting experience.

Overall, fishing lures is a popular and effective technique for catching a wide variety of fish, and is enjoyed by anglers of all skill levels around the world.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    mechstdr likes this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

@reitiafasd
    I noticed that this is your first post here on the Monkey.
    Please introduce yourself by creating a post in the thread New Member Introductions

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

There's nothing special about using an 80# test line with a Rapala top water lure.
    If I can do it then ones skillz levels needn't be that great

SB21 likes this.
  13. reitiafasd

reitiafasd Monkey

Jigger fishing is a popular technique used for deep sea fishing, especially in New Zealand and Australia. It involves using a specialized type of rod called a "jigger rod," which is shorter and stiffer than a conventional fishing rod. The jigger rod is designed to be used vertically, with the angler dropping a lure or baited hook down to the bottom of the ocean floor and then jigging it up and down to attract fish.

Jigger fishing is often done in deep water where fish are typically found near the seafloor, such as around reefs or underwater structures. The technique is particularly effective for targeting species such as kingfish, snapper, and grouper, which are known to inhabit these areas.

To be successful at jigger fishing, it is important to have a good understanding of the target species and their behavior, as well as using the right equipment and techniques. Many anglers prefer to use braided line and fluorocarbon leaders for jigger fishing, as these provide better sensitivity and allow for better control of the lure or bait.

Overall, jigger fishing can be a thrilling and rewarding way to catch fish, particularly for those who enjoy the challenge of deep sea fishing. However, it requires skill and experience to be done effectively and safely, so it is important to practice caution and follow local flying fishing inflatable regulations and guidelines.

14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Jigger fish for red snapper and grouper off shore SC

GrayGhost, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Looks like someone is trying out their AI-generated text. Kinda strange to post almost the same thing twice with slight changes to diction.

GrayGhost, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. VisuTrac

Failing the Turing test so far.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I would have guessed it to be on a thread that it starts on its own. Interesting.
    Most of us are pretty good with spelling and punctuation, but after typing 20-30 words(on a forum like this), it's a strong likelihood that there's a mistake in there somewhere. Maybe being "too perfect" is a tipoff?

GrayGhost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. VisuTrac

The tell for me is speaking like it's an authority on the subject with no humility. Especially if it's their first foray into the forum. No background on the bot. I think we are being probed by skynet or possibly being used to train it.

GrayGhost, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Been there done that and it's a hoot.
    I recommend this to every monkey and bots alike!

GrayGhost and VisuTrac like this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Bishop
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  6. Bishop
  7. Kruel J