Jim Zumbo is calling AR's Terrorist Rifles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spurzmaker, Feb 18, 2007.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. "

This the same NRA that sold out the members compromising with Clintoon in the 90's ?

WHY THE HELL WOULD I CARE WHAT THE NRA HAS TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING ?

Just shows how out of touch Zumbo is.

Put your money with an organization that is REALLY for gun rights....GOA

2. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I don't care for apologies of this sort. He said what he meant the first time, and is now trying to lie his way out of it. He can put his sorry where the sun don't shine.

I understand the Constitution better than you think I do. What I meant by "banning" was that he should be ostracised in the publishing community, and not be able to sell any articles. I think he's been damaged badly, but he will continue selling articles anyway. Even a moron leftist lacky like him has the right to say what he wants on his own nickel.

jim

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

He's gonna be forced over to be a spokesman for the anti's sarah brady's group has alrerady quoted him... I don't know what's worse,him working or them using him as a turncoat posterchild.?Bastid: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=88508969&MyToken=66aed8d8-98c1-4b2d-bc04-e473af8adac2ML

Sunday, February 18, 2007
    <table class="blog" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="30">[​IMG]</td> <td> Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons
    With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

PS from the Brady Campaign:

We've read his apology. Stop copying and pasting it. If we wanted to post it, it would have been included already. Thanks to a few individuals who attempted to spam-post it, comments are now moderated for this blog post. We will still post comments from all viewpoints, as we respect and cherish the first amendment, but you have only those who refused to respect our requests to thank when you have to wait for your comment to be approved.
    11:11 AM - 32 Comments - 7 Kudos - Add Comment

</td></tr></tbody></table>

4. dukenukum

dukenukum Monkey+++

ok ,one less magazine i have buy , now I will add another good pro second amendment magazine to my purchase list [beat]

5. 155gunner

155gunner Monkey+++ Founding Member

Zumbo is typical of most "Fudds" who don't care or understand the 2nd Amendment.

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

It sure didn't take the Brady Bunch long to jump on that, did it.

7. TnAndy

One of the reasons Zumbo needs to be sent packing:

Really want to put the hurt on this guy ?

Email his sponsor if you buy their products:

Here is the email I sent them:

I see you are a sponsor of Outdoor Life writer Jim Zumbo.

Considering his dis-service to all gun owners with his half wit comments on "assault" rifles,
    I ask you discontinue your sponsorship of him.

I will base any further purchases from your company on your decision.

Thank you

Cabela's http://cabelas.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nduser/ask.php

Mossy Oak
    http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=210

Remminton
    http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/remington.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=lp*4cBui&p_accessibility=0&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0zMTMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x

8. WildBill

WildBill Monkey+++

Zumbo is a real idiot. That's all we need is someone like him feeding the anti's. I sure hope his career is finished.

Bill

9. Pru

Pru Monkey+++

Here's a litte analogy. My dh is a construction guy. If he's hanging drywall, he needs to screw it down. He could use a screwdriver, a 12-volt drill, a 14.4 (his drill of choice), or even an 18-volt drill. Regardless of which tool he uses, he's still just hanging drywall.

Same with guns if you ask me. You wanna hunt with a muzzle loader, a bolt-action rifle, a semi-auto .22 rifle, an AR? Okay. You're still just hunting.

10. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thanks for the links. I sent them emails, but the first one generated a 404 Not Found message.

jim

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

what he ment to say was he is sorry for his pay checks stopping.
    pos rich hunter looking down on gun owners.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I would like to point out that we costed this man his job, sponsorships and reputation by presenting a united frontal-assault right here on-line in less than 24 hours, when I have repeatedly been told over the past year would do no good. WAKE UP!
    We have a valuable and dangerous weapon right here at our finger-tips that our elected officials are absolutely terrified of and if we don't use it in our fight to preserve the few freedoms we have left, then we don't deserve them in the first place. We need to target specific elected officials and pwn the hell out of them with emails stating our undeniable will to throw their sorry asses out on the street if they don't do what they were elected to and stand up for our Constitutional rights![soap]

13. dukenukum

dukenukum Monkey+++

seacowboys I agree the internet and our forums are big medicine if we unite and use it as i thought about this i never dreamed we have such a swift and powerful impact not happy about the man losing his job but he even if it was unwittingly sold down the river to the antigun crowd .:oops:

14. TnAndy

Yeah....I had to submit it ( Cabela's ) several times......I suspect their server got overloaded quite frankly.

My guess is Zumbo won't be able to get a job as a Wal-mart greeter when this is over.

15. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I was him Im not at all sure I would WANT to go on that hunt with Uncle Ted. I have read a few interview with him from folks who were moderately anti gun and seen the reaming he gave them, given that this guy professes himself to be a pro-gun hunter and writes as one and has just given the Fraidy bunch ammo to use against us..... I figure if he gets off with just a couple dozen 'Denozo' slaps (slaps to the back of the head like from NCIS TV show) he will be lucky and would be liable to be safer with Chaney. lol

...and I think it would be awesome to meet and hunt with Uncle Ted.

16. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Seacowboys is right!

Your voice is a valuable tool; with promoters and especially with your elected officials! Local votes turn into national ones. If you're close enough, go to your capital and talk with them in person. If you can't go; telephone or send your letters and tell them what the constituency in their district - the ones who actually hired (elected) them - want from them.

They listen, and they do change their votes (sometimes) to reflect that of the voice of the people.

Politicians do what they want to do when you don't tell them what you want them to do.

17. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

MESS WITH THE BULL, GET THE HORN! OSB maddd

18. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Yeah, I've been reading this on all the gun forums today. They ARE going to get some feedback on this one. Zumbo is gone, Rambo lives. By the way the " so called" terrorists use AK 47's not AR's [ John Kerry] and Zumbo is an idiot and a communist.

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thanks for the info.
    Not sure about your logging in problems but by your email, you have us seriously confused with someplace else... We don't have a spot for you to enter a credit card for the site.

</pre>​

20. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

he is loosing Cabelas

On Monday, February 19, Cabela’s suspended sponsorship of the Jim Zumbo Outdoors television show until Cabela’s Legal Department could review contractual obligations and commitments relating to our business relationship. As of Tuesday, February 20, Cabela’s has ceased our business relationship with Mr. Zumbo.

Cabela’s strongly disagrees with Mr. Zumbo’s February 16 posting on his Hunting with Jim Zumbo blog on Outdoor Life’s Web site. His opinions on this matter run counter to the beliefs shared by Cabela’s more than 12,000 employees, many of whom are hunters, recreational shooters and firearm enthusiasts

http://forums.cabelas.com/showthread.php?t=2958&page=6&pp=10

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7