Jobchilnhnyoo questioned re:raping children infront of pare

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

John Yoo questioned re:raping children infront of parents

on infowars a panel discussion including John Yoo (one of the authors of the patriot act)
    discussing his various comments including the assertion the president has the right to crush a childs testicles infront of the parents as a form of interrogation to protect the nation...if he deems necessary. He is opposed by a professor of the constitution.this is about 2hours and 5 minutes

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/torture_yoo_being_asked_justify_crushing_childrens_testicls.htm

Video Of Torture Master John Yoo Being Asked To Justify "Crushing Children's Testicles" Comments ​
    Infowars.net | February 1, 2007
    [​IMG]The Baker Institute Student Forum (BISF) hosted a discussion involving three panelists on November 3 2006, one of which was John Yoo, co author of the PATRIOT ACT and various controversial memos in which he advocated the possible legality of torture and that enemy combatants could be denied protection under the Geneva Conventions. Yoo also decreed that it was legal to declare war anytime, any where, and on anyone the President deemed a threat. ​
    Skip forward to 1hr: 39mins: 43seconds: ​
    <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="89%"> <tbody><tr> <td><embed name="video" src="http://webcast.rice.edu/webcast.php?action=view&format=real&title=Interrogation+%26+Detention+in+Wartime%3A+Legal+and+Military+Perspectives&uri=rtsp%3A%2F%2Fvidflow.rice.edu%2FBakerInst%2F2006%2FQ4%2F2061103.rm" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" maintainaspect="true" controls="ImageWindow" autostart="false" console="Clip1" begin="1:39:40.0" end="1:43:36.0" align="middle" border="0" height="300" width="450"> <embed name="video" src="http://webcast.rice.edu/webcast.php?action=view&format=real&title=Interrogation+%26+Detention+in+Wartime%3A+Legal+and+Military+Perspectives&uri=rtsp%3A%2F%2Fvidflow.rice.edu%2FBakerInst%2F2006%2FQ4%2F2061103.rm" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" controls="ControlPanel" autostart="false" console="Clip1" begin="1:39:40.0" end="1:43:36.0" align="left" border="0" height="30" width="360"> <embed name="video" src="http://webcast.rice.edu/webcast.php?action=view&format=real&title=Interrogation+%26+Detention+in+Wartime%3A+Legal+and+Military+Perspectives&uri=rtsp%3A%2F%2Fvidflow.rice.edu%2FBakerInst%2F2006%2FQ4%2F2061103.rm" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" controls="PositionField" autostart="false" console="Clip1" begin="1:39:40.0" end="1:43:36.0" align="left" border="0" height="30" width="90"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Yoo is asked by an Infowars reader to explain the moral justification for crushing a child's testicles or raping a child in front of a parent.
    Yoo backtracks on previous comments he made during a December 1st debate in Chicago with Notre Dame professor and international human rights scholar Doug Cassel, John Yoo gave the green light for the scope of torture to legally include sexual torture of infants.
    Cassel: If the president deems that he's got to torture somebody, including by crushing the testicles of the person's child, there is no law that can stop him?
    Yoo: No treaty.
    Cassel: Also no law by Congress — that is what you wrote in the August 2002 memo…
    Yoo: I think it depends on why the President thinks he needs to do that.
    Click here for the audio.
    [​IMG]
    Yoo suggests that his comments were taken out of context and blames the internet suggesting that you "can't believe everything you hear on the internet".
    Yoo cannot deny that there is no moral justification for the actions he argued were technically legal. Yoo is using the legal argument to hide behind a clear avocation of genocide.
    Yoo argues presidential powers on Constitutional grounds, but where in the Constitution does it say the President can order the torture of children? Georgetown Law Professor David Cole wrote, "Yoo reasoned that because the Constitution makes the President the 'Commander-in-Chief,' no law can restrict the actions he may take in pursuit of war. On this reasoning, the President would be entitled by the Constitution to resort to genocide if he wished."
    Last September the Senate officially gave President Bush the legal authority to abduct and sexually mutilate American citizens and American children in the name of the war on terror when it passed new detainee legislation

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

OMG.:rolleyes:

Those articles/subarticles are too much.
    [angelsad]

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

You can say what you want about Alex Jones. A fear mongering Patriot for profit. A conspiracy guru etc. Personally I have a few things against him myself. But you can not deny that he brings to light things that nobody else would touch. And in fairness, the videos of his that I have seen have been accurate in content, if not subjective in context.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Aex Jones can sensationalize some very superficial things just to get ascreaming headline, but he does find useful interesting stuff. Ii justwatched 1:50 of this and for all the highlevel legal discussuion, it demonstrates the two positions clearly.The law professor on the left rattles off international law and treaty clauses sections and subsections defining , torture, degradation, humiliation and inhuman treatment, and Mr.Yoo basicaly responds OK,yeah, but why can't we do it it's different now and all that doesn;'t apply. They are deaf to theintent of these laws ( laws we are a party too..) I admit it drags abit and alex was reaching for a shocking soundbite, but I'mglad to see these discussions are being held by people far smarter than I...

Any mod able to can please change the garbled title to the edited version in the original message , it fill ed the frame+so wasn't all visible when I submitted that gobbledygook...

5. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I've been at the range and met him when he dis-proved Cheney's shotgun thing. Sure he rants like hell but I would to if I knew as much as he does about the evil out there. He has a 99% average on accuracy. Please do not let me with in 500 yds of Mr John Yoo. Imagine a round between the legs.

6. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

Aside from Mr. Jones's obvious personality quirks, he is no more guilty of fearmongering than any Fox news, CNN, etc. headline regurgitator.

The simple fact is, the war is not on terrorism, It's on you. "War on terror" in itself is a terrifying statement. The war on terror is by all definitions terrorism. Everything is terrorism. Peace is terrorism. War is Peace.

Every one of us here on SM could be in secret and indefinite federal detention TOMORROW. Some of us might be. That's the thing, you'd never know.

"What are you preparing for?" "We found five HUNDRED rounds of ammunition!" "What were you planning?" "We witnessed him on multiple occasions, in fellowship with his terrorist accomplices (who we have rounded up, or killed) in marksmanship training sessions" and "We found numerous terrorist chemicals in his house and in his garden shed, and these could have been used in some combination to possibly complete some sort of terrorizing weapon." "He had a photograph of a popular national landmark on his wall, right next to his semiautomatic terrorist guns." "You are a terrorist."

Like guns? Don't like corporate greed? Not complicit with the status quo? Like to talk with people with different ideas? You're a terrorist. It's ok to torture terrorists, right? We'll rape your kids in front of you, and use ex-military Balkan trained Dyncorp torture contractors, so we never ever get caught. Then we'll toss your hooded ass into an unmarked plane and send you to some KBR-built foreign prison, and then dispose of you later when we can get away with it.

Like to assert any of your constitutional rights? (They all have been taken away, every last one in the name of security.) You're a fifth-column terrorist. Get in the van. Watch your head.

Andrew

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

[whipem][ghrit]

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Re: Jobchilnhnyoo questioned re:raping children infront of p

Jack Bauer is probably at my door right now. eek3

9. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Patriotic Pirate

I would love to meet Mr. Woo in some post-SHTF society. I would be carrying a bit of rope just for such occasions.

10. GaryBrun

GaryBrun Monkey+++

Don't forget the soap

11. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

There isn't enough soap in the world to wash the stink off of this turd.

12. GaryBrun

GaryBrun Monkey+++

I would not want to wash him. But if you are trying to hang someone you need to soap the rope.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7