Jonathan Roth - Civil War Coming to America?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I thought I would post this to ensure everyone had a chance to see it. Perhaps it has been posted before, if so, I apologize in advance.

I sort of have the day off, I mean really off as laying around without being pulled in any direction and just by chance came across this. What I found refreshing is how he doesn't take sides and all the research he did for his presentation, he simply states his opinion and what facts his knows and where he obtained those facts. Some of those facts are alarming and...well, better you watch it. It is 30 minutes long but moves very quickly after the first 3-4 minutes. BTW the guy is a Canadian and is not an American hater...pretty interesting speech, one to make you think.

Ganado, Mountainman, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

We have been in a “civil war” for at least since the mid- 1980s.

Zimmy, Ganado, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

We have been in a orchestrated Civil War since the 1960s.
    Part of this comes from a case of selected War Draft of Gov selective service inductees.
    Those less than 40 are not aware of strings pulled by Johnson Admin to remove citizens who were not content with their place in life and if ID'd were soon on their way to SE Asia.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Ganado, Ura-Ki, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  4. Bandit99

@HK_User You know, I have given some thought to why we went to an 'All Volunteer Military' and have come to the conclusion it wasn't because it was the right thing to do or because it made it a truly professional force. That's a bunch of bologna!

Anyone that grew up during the Viet Nam era and gives it a bit of thought knows why and to cut to the chase... I think we came very close to a rebellion in those years and the catalyst was the Viet Nam war. The country couldn't be given a good answer to why it's sons were being maimed and killed there...because there wasn't one, at least a good one to justify getting one's son killed or maimed.

Basically, the government needed to be able to use the military when and how they want without just cause, sort of like a mercenary force, so an 'All Volunteer Force' was implemented. It costs a bit more but so what, taxpayers pick up the check. Now, when sent to Afghanistan or some $hithole in Africa and they're killed - well - they volunteered didn't they, no one forced them to go...so there are a lot less questions to answer and a lot less social and political strife.

EDIT: I guess I need to get back to work as all this downtime gives me too much time to think...and most of the conclusions I come up with are not nice, frankly, none of them are...

Ganado, Altoidfishfins, GOG and 5 others like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Interesting, biggest danger is an accidental trigger and getting into a war that no one planned and with an outcome no one wishes. Economic, terrorist, biological, infrastructure collapse, famine, racial, exterior enemies, religious war, so many possible trigger points that we can't even list them all, and any breakdown will have in its background all of those factor, just will not be listed, just felt and hidden in our personal fears.
    Thank you for the heads up on the video.

GOG, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  6. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

7. Bandit99

@Big Ron "I think the draft is a good idea. Fewer wars when everyone has a toe in the action. Now wars are fought far away by "others." I also am tired of how much money we put into the military/industrial complex."

I think the draft is a good idea also but it didn't go far enough. I think have given young men and women a choice for some social service, doesn't necessarily have to be the military. And, I agree. There needs to be something that causes everyone to have 'skin in the game' whenever and wherever our military is used, maybe a war tax or military tax of some sort. The military/industrial complex is extremely powerful and can and does start conflict on its own. The biggest problem I see is we have a military capable of protecting the world instead of just our own country. What will happen when the time comes and we cannot afford this huge expense anymore and that time is coming soon!

Ura-Ki, HK_User, Merkun and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Good post Bandit, this answers many questions a lot of folks may not know!
    The draft is one solution, for good or ill, it does put more skin in the game. When Richey rich has his kids drafted, maybe he will be a little more careful how he votes next time! Maybe he will be a little more concerned about that big business deal when another country profits from it!
    Maybe fewer people will go out and protest when half those snowflakes are forced into Uncle Sams Finishing School for Wayward Boys and Gurls!
    First thing we need to do is get the Phuck outta the U.N. amd stop all supplies and payments to it! Second, get the phuck out of NATO and stop all supplies and payments to it!
    Close the God Damn Border and stop illegals in their tracks, and stop the phucking drug flow!
    Force Mexico to deal with it all!
    Send in the Mil and intelligence people and kill all the drug czars and kingpins, nape the fields of drugs and give Mexico the bill for it! When Mexico refuses, march a bunch of Marines to the capital and remove those in power by force, we have lots of experience in this, should only take a few weeks! Install a new gov. that will tale actions and were good to go!

Stop yanking tje tigers tail in Russia, quit making the Russians the damn boogyman, they are not and havnt been in 30 years! Let Puttie play with him self, support the Ukraine and let them sort it all out on their own!

Bandit99, Altoidfishfins, GOG and 5 others like this.
  9. Borrego

Borrego Monkey

Ura-Ki - I will vote for you any day my friend. Your ideas are exactly what I've been saying for years...

10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

That guy has some great observations. It's good to get perspective from someone outside the country. We become easily myopic living in the middle of it day after day.

HK_User likes this.
  11. Bandit99

You know, I like the way you think! And, like @Borrego , you got my vote, should you decide to truly go for it. Just think of the $hitstorm if the USA announced we were leaving the UN and, "Oh, BTW, pack your bags and get out because we're turning the UN building into a parking lot!" LOL! You know, I think they actually created some law just a few years back so we can't do that anymore. - well - not legally but laws can always be 'legally' broken if they truly want to do so. Hell, they do it all the time!

Yeah, I would like to see how a few of the Snowflakes handle their first 'blanket/boot party' when they constantly get their squad mates Grass Drilled to death under the hot South Carolina sun because they won't conform, nothing like a few boots to make them see the light!

Reference NATO... I actually think NATO is starting to see the light and that is due to Putin, not the USA. When Merkle had that dust up with Putin when he decide to take parts of the Ukraine she spouted a bunch of crap but had nothing to back it up with since the USA, under Obama, said/did nothing. She came to the realization that Germany cannot always rely on the USA. So, Germany started a HUGE rearmament program in 2016. This is not well known but it is ongoing. And, no I did not misspeak, it is a true rearmament program for their entire military. Now, what will happen should she step down due to illness or etc. no one knows but for now...

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yup, Both Germany and France are stepping up the rearmament programs big time! Same with Norway and Finland!
    Last I saw, Germany was getting back into the Naval business with some pretty neat stuff, and France, well, their French, so they gotta make purty stuff and hope like hell it works! Kind of fun to watch, and hope they carry through with their plans! England is largely doing the same old thing, hoping they can do the BREXIT thing and then build up their Mil to acceptable levels! Right now, they don't have much, and if something were to go of someplace, they would be hurting!

Interesting to see, the Ukraine is really ramping up domestic mil production in their old Zil Plant, they have a new MBT and several new large trucks, and always large field pieces! Also looks like they are ramping up production of a light fighter aircraft loosely based on the old MiG 29, but way more useful! Time will tell! The Grand Black Sea Fleet also has accepted two new destroyers and two new Crusiers, and has more of each on the building wheys! Rumors are a very large keel was laid a few months ago, no idea what it is ( Likely an aircraft carrier) or they are going old school and building a battle wagon! I would bet money that they will push back against the Russians as soon as they feel they can hold them at risk and make some gains!

All this is to point out that the Americans and Europeans have been "Helping" them quietly with things, and if they can push Putin locally, that gives the rest of the world breathing room!

Now, China..........................

Zimmy and oldawg like this.
  13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Observation on the coming Civil War - esp saying something about the mass media....

The most trenchant lesson for the modern age is one that also seems increasingly relevant to the West: When political adversaries are no longer fellow citizens to live with but rather enemies to be crushed, we all lose.

And thus, the road to war is opened.

Zimmy likes this.
  14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Looks like the beginning of WW III to me.

15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Flame this if you must, but;
    Civil war will start in this country the day the white folks get pissed enough to grab a gun and do something about whatever the current problem may be. It won't be pretty and it won't be quick.

Mountainman and Gafarmboy like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7