just a place of more reading

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Cephus, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

2. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Hey thanks! Reading one of them now...

Cephus likes this.
  3. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Thanks so much! I am going to read them in sequence....something to look forward to each day!

4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Cephus Thank You A Bunch!!!

See I'm a bookworm of sorts. If I go too long without reading sumthing new to me, its like my brain is starving!!! So thank you for the gift of lots of stories to entertain & learn from.

P.S. My poor, much abused Printer hates your guts =X

Sapper John, beast and Cephus like this.
  5. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

WOW, I just read the first one (Low Profile) in two sittings. I could not stop. He is a really good writer. A lot of stuff happened to them in that story.

6. STANGF150

I've read two so far from the 2007 section. 2nd one caused me to go to bed late last night wanting to finish it!!!

7. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

I am on the third one now. The first two were a lot more alike than this one. I like the different direction.

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

He may be no Hemmingway

but he tells a good story, and there's usually a lesson or three to be learned from reading the content.....thanks for posting the information about the stories and the site.

9. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Just finished the fourth story. Great read...!

10. STANGF150

I is a happy lil Stangy :D

11. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

I just finished the the last one in the 2007 section. I enjoyed all of them!!! My only criticism is that they all seem to end abruptly...

12. STANGF150

I've finished the 2007, 2008, 2009 & deep into the 2010 section. Yeah, I've noticed they tend to run into a brick wall titled "The End" Quite a few similarities between several the stories too. but still good reads :)

13. workhorse

workhorse Monkey+

I looked at this a day or two ago but when I try now i get Corrupted Content Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Any ideas

14. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Maybe try another browser. I haven't had any issues...

I started reading the 2005 stories and am on the third one.

15. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Funny, I had just run across this site (and, from it, found Forum - Home ) and was checking to see if it had been mentioned here.

16. ItalianGator

ItalianGator Monkey+

I don't do too much fiction reading, but I like this because in a way it could very well be non-fiction reading. Just finished "Low Profile" from 2007. Can't believe I read in all in just a few hours (and going to be quite late I might add). I particularly like the inclusion of products, very specifically mentioning them rather than using generalities (e.g. "a flashlight") which would leave the reader open to filling in the specifics. As he calls out the hardware, I can picture it in my mind or can look it up if I want to learn more about it.

I'll be reading more.

17. STANGF150

Finished reading ALL the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011 stories. Started on the 2005 Percys Mission & it a loong one. About halfway thru it :)

18. ItalianGator

ItalianGator Monkey+

I take it you've been enjoying what you've read. Might I ask what some of your major take-aways are? Do you feel you're learning anything new or is it more a matter of enjoyment to be reading a topic of interest?

19. kom78

kom78 OH NOES !!

Jerry's work made me look around and helped me sort out where and what I was doing, is the reason I found this site. I ran out of his stories, I guess i read too much

20. kom78

kom78 OH NOES !!

I passed this thread on to the man himself and this is what he had to say
    "Wow Scruff! Thanks! That is the oil that lubricates my gears. Tell them all I said thank you! I'll be writing again after TOM's CD of .pdfs comes out."

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7