Just back...

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Andy the Aussie, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The trouble with Danforth and plow anchors is pulling them back out. They have to be drawn in reverse or at worst vertically ---

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is what the 20 Ft of Chain connected to thr base is for...

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yeah the only problem was if it were a front mounted winch the ground was like this for about 100yds fanning out in front. You can see I ended up digging, packing and pulling it out backwards (onto solid ground) using the HiLift with a winching kit and chain and extension straps.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is why on ALL the 4X4 Trucks I have ever owned, the FairLead on the winch, is setup so that the Cable can be run UNDER the Truck, to the Rear and thru a Pully attached to the Rear Trailer Hitch Socket, that leads the Winch Cable from the Center of the Truck, to the Rear.... Makes it so one can PULL in either Direction, using the Winch Cable.... Save my A$$, more than once, over the years, and Others as well...

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Thanks for the trip. I watch Graham & Shawno and the rest of their merry band on 4WD Action as often as I can. Love those blokes and the funny way you upsidedowners talk! The globe just doesn't do your continent justice. After watching them for the past few years, I've gotten an appreciation for just how big Australia really is. Still a dream of mine to cross the continent in a UTE. Some of their recent videos have them muckin' about in the Tasmanian mud on some epic trails.

Here's a recent Tazzy trip. If any of the rest of you aren't subscribed, I recommend you get it done post haste!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yes those guys are a hoot !!!!! And you are right, not many people appreciate the size of Aus. For our American friends, the landmass of your lower 48 +/- and with about 10% of the population mostly clustered within 3hrs of the coast.

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Gator 45/70
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Motomom34
  5. Bishop
  6. Bishop
  7. Big Ron
  8. OldDude49
  9. Bishop
  10. Andy the Aussie
  11. Andy the Aussie