Just finished "No Easy Day"......

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by BTPost, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

All I have to say, it is a very "Good Read" and does an excellent job of "Telling the Tail" within the bounds of the Non-Disclouser Agreement, he signed..... My Opinion.... YMMV.....

Guit_fishN likes this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Agree....you can read 100 pages easily...you have to force yourself to put it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Are you guys talking about this book? http://www.amazon.com/No-Easy-Day-Firsthand-Account/dp/0525953728/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347445229&sr=1-1&keywords=no easy day

And didn't Bin Laden die like 9 times so far?

This review found at Amazon perfectly reflects my own opinion:

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Hey Brokor, List all 9 times Osama has been reported killed. Give references please. Me thinks you need to snug down your tin foil hat a little bit. ....lol. Sorry brother, the devil made me do it.

5. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

I think he meant different versions of the story.

Chris

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

On 1st December 2001 it was announced for the first time that Osama is killed by joint venture of American and British army.This announcement was made by a army officer of Pakistan Hajrat Ali.

Just after 24 days of the first announcement, Pakistan reported the death of Osama Bin Laden.It was reported that Laden is died in mountains of Tora-Bora with heart attack.

On 18 January 2002, Pakistan's Ex-President Mr.Parvej Musharaff declared that Laden is died due to Kidney failure.

Soudi Arabian Newspaper declined the death of Osama Bin Laden on 9 March 2002 on account of Laden's wife.On 17th March 2002,a Talibani leader claimed that Osama is not dead.

Again on 12th June 2002,a Russian Newspaper published the news of death of Osama Bin laden.This report was declined by Al-arbi, London's Newspaper, in July 2002.

Just before the President election in USA in 2004,Osama Bin Lden launched a video tape to show that he is not dead and is working against USA.

A France's Spy reported on September 2006 that Osama bin Laden is died because of Typhoid.

In 2010, American President Barack Obama speaks of some destination where they could find Osama Bin laden.

Finally on 1st May 2011, Osama Bin Laden was killed in a small Military Operation by US.Osama Bin Laden's dead body was taken into custody and disposed in sea with Islamic Traditions.

Brokor and Guit_fishN like this.
  7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

There is more . ;)

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Given the rebukes of the Pentagon about this book, I didn't really notice any "tactics" or "national secrets" that were given away. I didn't find this book to be much different than Blackhawk Down in terms of detail.

I still think that without published photos of a body, however, this event either didn't happen or it wasn't him. In the book, it did state that photos of the body was sent back to DC for confirmation. Basically, 10 years had gone by. So, if they weren't sure.......

Reminds me of the Russians after the fall of Berlin: they found a Hitler look-alike and took all sorts of photos and claimed it to be him. But, the real body of him and Eva Braun....where are those photos? [dunno]

Also: there is a documentary with Brian Williams called "Situation Room" that talks about the tense 48 hours before and during the SEAL team operation. Obama talked about how plagued he was by this decision and how he couldn't sleep a wink the night before.

...if you go back to some of these reports coming in from the last few days that shows the President's whereabouts, you'll see the morning OF THE RAID, that POS went golfing.

9. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

To be fair to Obama, if I can play devil's advocate, a failed raid would have been a major disaster for the US, not just for Obama personally. Particularly if the SEALs crashed into some Pakistani General's love nest instead of Bin Ladin's hideout.

And golfing? He wouldn't want to alert the media that something was up.

Of course, I'm not convinced that he bothered to think it out that far.

Chris

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Quig beat me to it. And for sources, just do a search.
    Infowars.com is a good place to start.

Word up. Referenced in one link: http://www.infowars.com/osama-bin-laden-pronounced-dead…-for-the-ninth-time/

BAM!

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  11. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Um exactly who we fed to the fishes doesn't really matter now does it. You weren't there & you can't prove s$!t. So whyn'tcha just get with the program? Huh? Maybe yous guys want to maybe sleep with the fishes too?

I mean seriously, who feeds their victims to the fish anyway? The mafias of the world ain't got squat on we the people of the grand ole us of a! Done in our name and we didn't stand up and tell the world hells no! So we own it. Whatever the truth is. Welcome to our collective nightmare.

Oh and since when does anything they ever report equate to any semblance of the truth? They could have reported it 1000 times and that still doesn't necessarily make it true. You can't shouldn't (oops) base anything you believe on anything they've ever reported...

Byte

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I agree with BYTE... FACTS, JUST GIVE ME THE "FACTS" and I will make the determination, for MYSELF, what is the "Truth" is, for my own Self..... Go back and "Look" at the What, Where, and Who, all the OTHER Reports come from and by whom.... What Agenda do they represent, and for who? I, for one, after reading the above mentioned BOOK, give its FACTs, Credence, and having Personal Knowledge, of some of the FACTs presented in this book, not with this Mission, but with other FACTs presented, find myself persuaded that it is a Factual Account, of the Mission, as presented. Just because it is on the "Internet" Doesn't make it "TRUE".... My Opinion.... YMMV....

tacmotusn likes this.
  13. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I really don't care. I have determined that Terminal Gravity Pale Ale will solve the problem of when this piece of shit died.

Arguably enough, oil has gone from 1.84 to 3.84 since BHO went into office. The oil prices say he will be voted out of office as well as the ineptness being dropped in his lap in the meddle east.

There are a few sure things in life: men love boobs, women love babies, babies like milk from boobs and boobs make milk and men love boobs.

munchy, Brokor and Guit_fishN like this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

back to the subject. The book, "No Easy Day", it seems the government is going to go after any profits on the book, under a non disclosure statement the Seal signed while on active duty.
    pretty cute if you ask me, here we have the Pot head Mo Fo in Charge calling the kettle Black. Wasn't there a bit of an uproar of the Head MF disclosing information about the raid that puts our Special Ops folks in jeopardy. ...... Oh, I forgot our Head MF (have you noticed I like this title a whole lot more than POTUS?) in Charge could give a rats butt about the troops. Statistically they don't vote for folks like him (democrats), and there is too many of them anyway, (he wants a much smaller military, and he doesn't care how he has to whittle them down), plus they are all potential domestic terrorists with too much tactical military knowledge. This MF really does need to go away soon.

15. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

And completely back off subject I think TG is an IPA. As to NoBama and oil prices vs. re-election you have more faith in people than I. On another note I LOVE Boobies

Brokor likes this.
  16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

They have other beers....

b68d25b252176b25967b1641f4252ec9_640x640.
    b68d25b252176b25967b1641f4252ec9_640x640. b68d25b252176b25967b1641f4252ec9_640x640.

17. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

I stand completely corrected. As many times as Iv'e been there they've never been open. I do however love their TG ipa.

18. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The cleansing of the warrior....image to the .gov more important than anything else. All this does is put our guys in harms' way. Enemy sniper: "Which one of them is the great Satan? I see, the clean shaven one."
    http://kitup.military.com/2010/08/spec-ops-to-say-bye-bye-to-beards-again.html

Morons: http://www.businessweek.com/article...ok-like-youre-in-the-special-forces-anonymous

Fight back!: http://www.sierra-313.de/shop/index.php/cat/c88_TBOC.html

Men_with_beards1.

What's worse than the rotor-wash of a CH-47? Having to shave!
    [​IMG]
    Men_with_beards1. Men_with_beards1.

20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7