Just gotta tell someone,,,,,,

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by SB21, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yes sir, 4 grains of Bull's-eye 195 grains of #9 shot make a light but effective snake charmer!

IMAG00653.

IMAG00660.

GOG, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'm not sure what the optimum muzzle velocity should be , but the PDX1 410 shells quote the velocity at 750. I'll try and do a little research on it, or maybe one of you monkeys already know this. :D

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I will try and do a comparison for you along side a 38 snub nose. But I'm definetly wanting to know the ranges as well. I'm like you , figuring the range on the shells isn't going to be that great, 50 feet like you said is about what I was figuring. Also wondering the accuracy of the 45 shells behind the 410s.

GOG likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

With such a short Barrel, compare to what the normal Barrel Length, that a .410 Shot Shell is loaded for, most of the Powder will remain Unburnt, and just blown out of the muzzle, once the wadding leaves the muzzle... This unburnt Powder does nothing to add to the muzzle velocity, of the Shot, or Slug, except make a BIG Blast out in front of the muzzle... When Reloading for these short Barreled Weapons, you will want to use the Fastest Burning Powder, available... For Pistols, I really like Bulleye, as it is about the fastest burning Powder made...

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Maybe the unburned powder will cook the snek for you? Just peel and eat?

GOG, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Congratulations on the win.
    Shoot the snot out of it. Then give us lots of dirty pictures. :D

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

What is a snek ?

8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Be careful - some of them are 20' long...
    upload_2017-6-30_7-13-41.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[ROFL][ROFL][ROFL]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7