Just passed the extra exam

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by sdr, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Heh. My ex got the president and the cobra. I got a suitcase.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When i was BIG into 6 meters I had a Swan 250C with both 115AC & 12Vdc Power Supplys... Now days 6 meters is built into my HF Rigs... I really liked that old Swan...

3. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

Congratulations!

In the next few weeks, a special courier will stop by, and give you the access codes to the secret fountain of wisdom that is reserved for the exalted, superlative status of we EXTRA class Amateurs.

William Warren

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  4. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Thanks William. I'll be waiting!

5. Congrats O.M. I don't have the confidence to try for extra yet. Good work.

6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think that courier missed my house ;)

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Congrats!

8. The_Prepared

The_Prepared Derpy Monkey

@sdr how efficient did you find the studying? Meaning, do you think you spent a bunch of study time on stuff you didn't need for test?

9. sdr

sdr Monkey++

I took the practice exam numerous times. Then I knew which topics to study. Most of the time the concepts were pretty easy to grasp. Occasionally I would have to go deeper. So I pretty much only studied what I needed.

hitchcock4 likes this.
  10. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

I'm sorry, but the couriers are required to perform a field inspection of the licensee's QTH before entrusting a new Extra with access, and they have wide latitude when deciding if the new Extra merits admittance to the Oracle of Wisdom.

You may reapply at the homes of other Extra class licensees, and provided that three of them recommend you for reconsideration, your QTH will be reassessed.

Here are the basic criteria that are considered:

1. Home in good repair, without flaking paint, loose drain pipes, or loose shingles.
    2. No visible roof damage, with all roof tiles or other covering colored to match the exterior walls.
    3. The chimneys) must be straight and properly flashed, with no broken bricks or loose mortar. A religious symbol may adorn the chimney if it is properly grounded.
    4. Lawn must fully manicured, with the maximum height of grass being 1.257 inches. All edges must be carefully trimmed, and no bare spots are allowed, except for freshly seeded sections, which are considered on a case-by-case basis.
    5. Driveway fully tarred, with no cracks, potholes, or sagging.
    6. Children must arrive home within one-half hour of school closing, put away their bicycles promptly, and promptly commence home work while sitting at the front windows in full view of anyone on the street.
    7. Male children are expected to wear black pants and white shirts, with bow tie. Hair styles are limited to crew cuts (religious exceptions are, of course, allowed)
    8. Female children should be wearing either a school uniform or poodle skirts no more than 2 inches above the ankle, with appropriate blouse and jacket.
    9. Your spouse must answer the door within three minutes of the courier knocking or pushing the door bell button. (S)He must be outgoing, friendly, a good conversationalist, and is expected to offer the courier tea and cake on the terrace if the weather permits.
    10. You must have at least a DS3 Internet connection, and a computer with a minimum of 32 GB of ram and at least 250 GB of solid-state storage. Quad-core or RISC processors are the minimum computational level, unless you're running LInux, in which case any PC will do.
    11. When the courier presents your access codes, you need to be humble, welcoming, and grateful for the honor. It is expected that you will decline the courier's offer to test you for the courier corps, but thank him for the privilege of being considered.
    I hope this provides a more clear picture of the qualifications and judgement those at the upper-ranks are expected to exhibit. Just between you and me, I think they give demerits for CB antennas. Good luck!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7