Just to let everyone know

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have made the decision to not make knives anymore. Seems that hurting my hand on the table saw brought this on, and we have legal issues that may cost us this house and shop anyway. I am currently selling my equipment and have sold my main grinder. It's a hell of a thing but I don't see me "coming around" and suddenly wanting to make knives again.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I hate to hear that, I hoped to buy one from you one day. After seeing your work up close and personal, to say I was impressed is an understatement. I thought it was as a good a product as I have seen with a blade. Outstanding work, I have never seen any better. I hope all goes well for you.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I love the knife you made for me and I will keep it forever.

Well, damn. I really hope that you and yours will be just fine, Don.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I really sorry to hear that. I remember when you were just getting started and learning a lot. You've come so far it's a sad day to see it end. But...wishing you well and, on the bright side, maybe you'll have more time to spend with us here Simianville.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Damn, that's not good....
    I was earning a lot from you too!
    But, sometimes things may change for the better...
    I wish you all well, and avoid any more table saw blades!
    Bill

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Damn it man!! (But back your decisions all the way. That said, if you leave us, we will hunt you down and drag you back.)

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think I already did that once..... ;)

I'm really sorry to hear this news, Don...Keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping for the best of everything for you....but you know that already.
    Call if I can help in any way.....

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Damn Don... I'm sorry to learn of this, I love the two works of art I have of yours.
    I hope things get better for you.Prayers sent.
    Mike

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I hope that everything works in a way that's best for you.

Best wishes, happy thoughts, and prayers to your and your Mrs.

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Really Sorry,man; hope you can find something else in which to express your craftmanship. I won't be so rude as to ask for details, best of luck to you and yours. your work just became collectible!

11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I too hate to hear it Don. Prayers for you and your situation. I treasure the knives I have and will do so even more now.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Don, real sorry to hear about all your problems. I really hope you change your mind at some point because you truly have a talent and would hate to see it wasted. Maybe you could find an apprentice and help them. Best of luck and I'll be sure to use the living hell out of these great knives that you made for me.
    Darrell

13. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I remember all the way back to the very beginnings...
    Honored to have one of your fine blades made for me....
    Good Thoughts and Prayers sent Don...
    Talent like yours will find its own way for sure...
    All the best to you and yours!

14. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

BEst of Luck Valkman. Keep your head up.

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

and don't SMOKE!!!

16. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Im sorry to hear that, Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    I still have the unfinished blade you sent me. Now I really dont know what im going to do with it.

17. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Damn... Sorry to hear it Valkman. Hope all turns out well for you in your situation. Im glad to have the one I got and while it will still see plenty of use may back off of the destructive testing a bit, not sure of much it hasnt survived already anyway. lol

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7