Just when did a “Snow Storm” become a State of Emergency?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

If you don't think a snow is a state of emergency, you have never driven to the mall in Alabama with a dusting on the road! There are cars sliding all over the place, fender-benders and ditches, red-necks with jacked-up 4x4s pulling helpless suburbanites from drainage coolies for $50.00 a pop, blue lights flashing at every clogged intersection. Hellfire and damnation, an inch of wet snow on the road practically halts commerce around here, news personalities are even shown with dented fenders and Bubba hooking a nylon tow-strap to their vans. It's just wrong. There should be a law against snow. Viva la global caliente!

GOG, Gator 45/70, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

^^^^^^ [lolol][lolol][lolol]^^^^^^^ Sea, You Old Pirate, You are a Riot....

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

With the earth changing it seems prudent to be learning how to deal with snow.
    personally I love it . I made snow for a living .

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Where I work doesn't close for weather of holidays. I've only called into work twice in the last 4 1/2 years. First time was a couple years ago it snowed while I was working nights. Took me 1 1/2 hours to make the normally 30 minute trip home. Then it sleeted for three hours. I called in for that next night. Last time was in December. About 12"-14" of snow at my house by daylight that Sunday morning. My Kia Soul don't have THAT dang much ground clearance!!!! Monday going in that night was no problem as being sunny all day softened the snow. Got home Tuesday morning & the cold had hardened & froze everything so getting in my driveway was FUN! Got up Tuesday evening and the county road scraper had been thru, so half awake I had to shovel end of driveway to get out. I drive a front wheel drive Kia Soul, that I put new front tires on every 1 1/2 to 2 years. Helps driving in frozen crap when I remember to turn the traction control off. My main problem driving in it, is staying away from idiots on the road and changing my route to less steep & more traveled roads.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yeah but they say that THE RIVER keeps the bigger tornadoes away here...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. That's an olde wives tale tornados don't hit here because the area was blest by a native American chief LeClaire befriended. Not sure but it he may have been LeClaire's Fil.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Bandit99
  2. Ura-Ki
  3. hot diggity
  4. Waydah
  5. RouteClearance
  6. Brokor
    Uploaded by: Brokor, Dec 26, 2017, 0 comments, in album: Law
  7. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7