Just when you thought it couldn't get any more stupid.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5766288

Man says he's tired of being mistaken for MJ

/ FOXSports.com
    Posted: 5 days ago

A Portland, Ore. man has filed a lawsuit for $832 million, saying he is tired of being mistaken for Michael Jordan, according to KGW-TV.

<!-- FOXBITE -->The television station's Web site says Allen Heckard filed the suit against His Airness and Nike founder Phil Knight on June 29 in county court, claiming to have been mistaken for the basketball legend nearly every day for the past 15 years.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=280 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption>Courtesy KGW.com </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    And he's tired of it.
    "I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me," Heckard reportedly said.
    Heckard apparently is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury, emotional pain and suffering. He is suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the world's most famous athletes.
    Heckard, who stands slightly taller than 6 feet, says many people miss the fact that he is roughly six inches shorter than Jordan.
    But Heckard bears a physical resemblance to Jordan because he has a shaved head, an earring in his left ear, and is in good physical shape — from playing basketball.
    "Even when I go to the gym I'm being accused of playing ball like him (Jordan)," Heckard said.
    Wouldn't most people consider that a compliment?
    "Yes, don't get me wrong it's definitely a positive thing, because Michael, like I say is one of the best ball players that I've known to play the game. But then again, that's Michael and I'm me. So I want to be recognized as me just like Michael's being recognized as Michael."
    The television station apparently caught Heckard wearing blue Air Jordan tennis shoes.
    Is Heckard trying to look like Jordan?
    No.
    "They're very comfortable shoes to play ball in," said Heckard. "I play a lot of basketball and any other shoes I try to play in tend to hurt the bottom of my feet."
    What made Heckard decide to file suit against Jordan and Knight for $416 million each? "Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and then I turn around and I figure that's what it all boils down to."

2. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I must have missed the part where he says that after he wins the suit, he'll get surgery to not look like Michael. Or what about the part about he should pull his panties out of the twist they are in and maybe make some money doing impersinations? Or what about anyone mentioning that he should get a life? Geez. Hell, I know some higher up in our government that looks like a jackass though you don't hear them trying to sue the jackass for it. Hahaha.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7