Just WOW: Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelves

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by AD1, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

They are being Dicks! I sincerely hope they go bankrupt like Toys R Us did.

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I’ve never been to their store. Chances are I never will because I don’t have a lot of time left. I’m turning 51 soon.

UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Doubt if you will have to wait too long.

There's one here in town. Never been to it. Never will now.
    There are plenty of other sporting goods stores and mom and pop gun shops who don't kowtow to the communists

UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Dicks has gone soft on Pro Gun issue

5. Tully Mars

Dicks C#$kblocks Gun Owners

Yes, I went to the dick jokes..

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Dicks has gone soft.

Ura-Ki, Asia-Off-Grid, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Would that not be "limp"? (Get your mind out of the gutter. "Limp" as in "limp wristed.")

8. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Frankly, I can't wait until they're gone and the whole building is Dickless.

9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I hope their remaining suppliers help to hasten Dick's departure from the gun business by simply refusing to send them any inventory. They sell loads of guns during their Fourth of July and Christmas sales. It'd put a big dent in their annual profits if they were short on inventory during the weeks leading up to those sales. ;-)

10. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Hehehehhehehheheh!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. hot diggity

Full disclosure: I have a financial interest in seeing big box sporting goods stores fail.
    I buy local, and support small locally owned gun shops.

I'd be happy to see Dick's Sporting Goods become Dick's Bait & Tackle, but I'd still stop at the mobile home along the highway with the hand painted "Worms & Crickets" sign.
    I far prefer visiting the old lady that smells like beer and ash trays to buy worms, to visiting someplace with "associates" wearing headsets, asking for my rewards card.

I think there's something magical about an un-leveled mobile home that makes it extra memorable. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I just saw the "dicks sporting goods holiday commercial".
    Every sporting good brand they advertised selling was some sort of anti gun or general anti american douche company.
    I can only conclud they want to go out of business.

Yard Dart, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Murica!! Speaking of nauseating. Ace Hardware’s commercial with the “Yeti.” Barf. The kid is either gay already or they’re trying to make him gay. (I don’t have anything against gays btw)

Boo.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Screw overpriced Yeti crap. Buy Rtic.

15. Tully Mars

As far as the insulated cups go, we use these.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737

I fill this with ice and water, coke whatever and it will keep ice for 12hours in the Bama heat all day every day. Hard to beat for 10 bucks.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-73-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler/49229408

While we don't have the above coolers I know many folks around here that do. When I need to replace a cooler this is the one I will get. I've not heard one person saying they regret their purchase.

Last but not least, this is my lunch box.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OH5F9Y/?tag=survivalmonke-20

This bad boy rocks!
    Will keep ice for 48 hrs in the Looseeanna heat I know for a fact. After 36 hrs the blue ice packs I usually use to keep lunch cool will still be frozen.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. hot diggity

Christmas Eve, and there's plenty of parking at Dick's. They're providing overflow parking for Best Buy and Big Lots today. :)

17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I guess their fishing boat disasters are just bigger than us poor schmucks' ones.

Must be a damned big lake.:whistle:

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You a fisherman?

Meat likes this.
  19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I do fish...but don't own a boat.

Sapper John and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Same here,Sold the boat after Hurricane Gustavo came into the Basin and had a huge fish kill,Never replaced it...yet?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7