Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Feb 4, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

If it happens it will not be Libs, Mexicans, Muslims or homosexuals in the camps. We know who they will be going for this time.

Justice Antonin Scalia predicts that the Supreme Court will eventually authorize another a wartime abuse of civil rights such as the internment camps for Japanese-Americans during World War II.

"You are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," Scalia told the University of Hawaii law school while discussing Korematsu v. United States, the ruling in which the court gave its imprimatur to the internment camps.
    Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again | WashingtonExaminer.com

oldawg and brewmaster1918 like this.
  2. I saw that on the Drudge Report. I bet the MSM won't mention that story.

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Another...
    Watch this video, taken from a police raid in Des Moines, Iowa. Send it to some people. When critics (like me) warn about the dangers of police militarization, this is what we’re talking about. You’ll see the raid team, dressed in battle-dress uniforms, helmets and face-covering balaclava hoods take down the family’s door with a battering ram. You’ll see them storm the home with ballistics shields, guns at the ready. More troubling still, you’ll see not one but two officers attempt to prevent the family from having an independent record of the raid, one by destroying a surveillance camera, another by blocking another camera’s lens.
    Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’ | Opinions

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Hmmmm, may be time to go clean the musket and sharpen the hatchet... again..... the red-coats are coming down the road. [stayback]

5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Nice that the people who intend to cause the problem are warning us in advance. Just like all the idjits on Doomsday Preppers who let everyone know they're gonna (try to) steal from people.

6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

And yet more proof that the Supreme Court really doesn't give a crap about the Constitution.

7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

At least Scalia is warning us..

bfayer and NotSoSneaky like this.
  8. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

lastgreatactofdefiance.

Only it'll be me firing my FAL as fast as I can.

stg58, STANGF150, Dont and 1 other person like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Exactly.... He telling US, that there is a very good chance that he and the other conservative Judges, will be out-voted in the near future, if Obummer gets to Stack the Court.....

oldawg, bfayer and mysterymet like this.
  10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The no knock storm troopers are going to get more than they want one of these days. Every one is not unprepared for such tactics and there are ways to stop a crowd--no matter how well armed/trained they are.

oldawg and STANGF150 like this.
  11. Dont

Agree 06...
    One of the things that has bothered me is if the judicial branch is on equal standing with the legislative and executive, how is it that the president can ride rough on them??

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Because, as long as the " war powers act" is in effect, the president can do an end run around congress.

13. Dont

That is right.. Time to strip the sons of b... of a lot of their percieved powers..

Yard Dart, STANGF150 and kellory like this.
  14. kellory

It is a serious abuse of power.

15. Dont

Yes.. Wonder how much he will be will to abuse that power if he loses the senate..

16. kellory

The war powers act needs to be repealed. Then all executive orders can go away, and the president reverts to constitutional power.

17. Dont

Wont happen unless congress can strip him of it.. And that would mean wresting control of the senate and the house away from the progressives of both parties..

18. kellory

Congress can repeal any law or act, with enough votes. Bummer can't stop that. It is the only legal method I know to force the war powers act closed. Only the president can declaring the "emergency" is over. And that reduces his power.

19. Dont

However it is in the progressive benefit if it continues.. And so they will not push to repeal it.. IMHO, "we" need to make a strong point with this next election and place those in place that prove themselves as being constitutionalist and not just providing lip service..

I do feel a bit passionate about this and tend to run on a bit about it.. Have been pondering on this lately..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Yard Dart, STANGF150 and kellory like this.
  20. kellory

I too, am about passionate about the theft of our Constitutional Rights. I think the war Powers act was a mistake. One of our largest.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7