Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jun 28, 2010.

1. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Tango, it was you causing all of those monkey brain farts?!?! ;)

Just kidding! Where would we be without all of your research? (seriously)

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

why we are finished: capitalism has lost out to corporatism.
    basically:""capitalism creates its own healthy ecosystem the weak fail and die thestrong grow."

In A Nutshell: Corporatocracy Has Replaced Capitalism

Capitalism Fixes Problems & Preserves Democracy: Capitalism is what we should be relying on to fix our problems. Capitalism has it's own ecosystem, just like biology's ecosystem. An economic ecosystem that weeds out the weak, has parasites that eat the failures and new bacteria that evolves and grows replacements for that which failed. A system that keeps everything in balance.
    The problem is we are no longer a capitalistic society. What we were taught in school is now utter and absolute nonsense. Capitalism is a thing of the past.
    As outlined in "It's Not A Financial Crisis - It's A Stupidity Crisis", we created two back to back bubbles. The air out of the Tech Bubble was sucked up for fuel by our next stupidity crisis: The Housing Bubble.
    Now, after the second Stupidity Crisis there isn't a third bubble to inflate. If we still lived in a capitalistic environment the banks and financial institutions that created loans for folks who should have remained renters and then sold those loans as investments to pensions and countries would have been cleansed by capitalism's ecosystem.
    But that isn't what happened.
    In a very anti-capitalistic move the government decided that stupidity and criminal activity should be rewarded. I'd say they took our money, but it is worse, we didn't have that much money. So they borrowed the money in our name. The loan has a variable rate. They borrowed so much money that our kids cosigned the loan. In fact, our kid's future kid's signed on the dotted line.
    That is unequivocally immoral.

Why We Are Totally Finished | FINANCIAL SENSE

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Fixed it for ya'

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Capitalism requires an honest means of trade (real money, free from manipulation) and free markets. We haven't had either for a long time and in my humble opinion, the US's form of capitalism has transitioned to fascism, where corporations legislate and the non-elites (All of us) are left to pluck crumbs from under the table.

I cringe when I hear "conservative" talk show hosts claim that we need to let our free market system work it out. We don't have a free market system anymore.

Maybe all of this is for another thread?

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah, maybe so. This was started as a discussion on the SCOTUS decision on McDonald, and we are well removed from that. How to separate the subjects without losing the train of thought is beyond me. But it all fits within the civics subforum. [freedom]

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm above average guilty of going off topic. But it can be fun ---

[boozingbuddies]

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That was my thought as well. 4 against? That vote should have been UNANIMOUS. I am thankful it was a small victory that the "majority" won, but...this is ominous. 4 against.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7