Justified or cover up???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Dog, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Not for your instructor, unless he agrees with it, but F them. Well then we have to melt down the hammers or make them hit and explosive with every strike.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

the swat teams showing up everywhere to my way of thinking are power trips for the local yokels and a way to spend govt moneys
    too many of those little govt handouts come with a use it or lose it tag

ghrit, Mountainman and Alpha Dog like this.
  3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

It is exactly that, Federal money, creating these para-military units. Once the goobs decide that it is time, they will take over these forces with great ease, and use them to their own ends. This is what happened during Katrina.

One of my very best friends was a SWAT in N.O at the time. He and his team were given direct orders to seize weapons. Most refused the order, many did not.

There were Military units that refused to follow those orders. However, there were many that did see them as lawful orders. I have this information directly from an individual directly involved.

Of course next time, armed citizens will be deemed terrorists, not citizens, and they will be treated as armed and dangerous.

YMMV. Again, these are my opinions.

Cephus, STANGF150 and Alpha Dog like this.
  4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Yes they do ID themselves as police on their way in, but so have gangs of home invaders.

STANGF150 likes this.
  5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I could be wrong but I think they entered the residence seen a man with a gun and the OH $h!t factor kicked in one triggered and with the jucies running all the others fired. There has been several times Ive entered a house man with a gun and have to stop a boot from dropping the guy. Once he seen the weapons and relized I was a Deputy they dropped the weapons. Now I would never tell another officer not to take a shot if he believed that he was going to be shot, I do tell them to make sure they slow it down, control their emotions and be damned sure. You can not take a bullet back.

Cephus and STANGF150 like this.
  6. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I wish there were a million more LEO's like yourself. You seem like a real professional and a stand up guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd intentionally shoot an officer, but there are many variables and different situations. I'd like to see hot entries used less. I mean I'm sure they are at times needed but what gets me is that around here the local's will have plenty of enough evidence against someone yet they decide to go in hot rather than pounce on a guy getting into his car or somewhere that they can have a lot more control over the situation. Unfortunately hot entry here in Lima resulted in the Tarika Wilson murder and the shooting of her 14 month old baby.

BTPost and Falcon15 like this.
  7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

back to my comment about everything looking like a nail to a hammer, the problem is that we just don't need so many damned hammer, especially in little mom and pop police departments whose only real purpose served is to federalize and militarize a conglomerate across our nation.

Alpha Dog, Pax Mentis, Cephus and 3 others like this.
  8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

While that could be the case (an "OH CRAP!" reaction), this scenario should never have played out like this. There are too many ways to isolate and safely take a suspect into custody with little to no risk of gunfire exchange. Picking a person up during working hours is a good way. SC's hammer/nail anaology is not only accurate, it is becoming the norm across the board. This, more than anything, concerns me and mine greatly.

Alpha Dog, Pax Mentis, Cephus and 4 others like this.
  9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

case is very simple and explains everything .... the SWAT team was there for an execution ..... very surprised the wife & kids were allowed to live ..... shoot the bunch and then have a "accidental" fire from a CS grenade .....

this marine crossed the wrong people and they sent the legal execution squad as an example to all of us ..... happens all the time in the 3rd World .....

there's enough crooked cops around the Chicago area that almost anything short of a drone strike is possible .....

bountyhunter likes this.
  10. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Investigators don't get to play with the expensive toys...hence the reason there are very few willing to actually investigate. They ALL whine and complain that there's no budget to provide them with resources...but there's plenty of room in the budget for the toys and to pay out the multi-million dollar law suits after the fact?

There are no good cops. Period. Sorry if that offends some of you here but the system as it stands doesn't allow for a good cop to exist. There are too many people making too much money off of the 'Just-us' system. Broken beyond comprehension.

How many seat belt tickets have any of you LEO's written? Speeding tickets for less than 5mph over? Possession of pot? These things are not crimes. I view any interaction with the police not directly due to violence as unwarranted and thus unnecessary.

The nanny state is out of control. Your power to dictate my behavior is supposed to be very limited for a good reason. There is no liberty under the fedgov at this time in our history. The states and local municipalities aren't doing much better. The only reason the idea behind racketeering was and invented and made 'illegal' is that governments don't appreciate competition! There cannot be liberty as long as certain people continue to believe that they have some higher purpose to protect others. I didn't ask for your protection. Why do you insist upon giving it?

Byte

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves." William Pitt in the House of Commons November 18, 1783

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin[/FONT]

And lastly, the reason our country finds itself in the mess its in is because we didn't head this mans words:

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our selection between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat in our drink, in our necessities and comforts, in our labors and in our amusements, for our callings and our creeds...our people.. must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses; and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live.. We have not time to think, no means of calling the mis-managers to account, but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow suffers. Our landholders, too...retaining indeed the title and stewardship of estates called theirs, but held really in trust for the treasury, must...be contented with penury, obscurity and exile.. private fortunes are destroyed by public as well as by private extravagance.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]This is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering... And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

"IF" you only knew, could see, and witness, the people ( and I am being GENEROUS in that word) that are being "selected" for a swat team member today, you'd toss your waffles! Snot nosed punk morons....( apply here!)
    It's no longer just the non leo's that are concerned today....even those that are not on those swat teams are very worried about what these imbeciles are being taught and the lack of training they now receive. Classes in local community colleges now are filled with the dingbats that should not be allowed to ever wear a uniform, much less carry a weapon, or be allowed out of their cages! For instance....1 individual was in a class for "detectives" which my son is attending...this "person" was a "gung-Ho" type of mental case...He could not wait to be on a "ride-along". Unfortunately, my son had to take him, per "a request from some relative on the force". The idiot created a lot of problems during an investigation and my son ended up putting the guy in the car and advised him not to speak, or exit the vehicle, or he'd be under arrest.
    The following report was that this person was not ever to be allowed in any program, ever again....
    2 weeks go by...My son now see's this same "clown" now in a uniform, and with a weapon on his hip....He was assigned to a posse unit. My son pulled his name and 'records" from the CJIS computer and lo and behold, the guy was not only wanted, as he had a a prior conviction for assault with a deadly weapon, and domestic violence, ( girlfriend) for which he was a no show in court... He had just recently been arrested and released, OR'd...( on his own recognizance) and had set fire to his mothers house, after assaulting her!
    This is what they are RECRUITING now! Due to his relation's to someone in the department, it was all WHITEWASHED. He has a record, several as a matter of fact and yet NO one bothered to even do a simple background check on the cretin! Where is this individual today? He's somewhere inside the department....Think about that! There have been a number of "incidents" of what the newest "recruits" and "relatives" are doing in the department, and yet, they are still there even after doing things that you or I would be arrested for, and spend a stint behind bars...! Why? Well from what I have been told is: " YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" ! The county is broke and therefore the pay rate is much lower and the standards for hiring barely even exist today! Gives ya a warm fuzzy feeling don't it?

larryinalabama and Falcon15 like this.
  12. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Well theres still some good people in lawenforcement, however a whole lot of judges disturict attorneys cops mahyors etc have a claim in the illegal drug trade.

As far as in the hood 3 cops would shot dead before one could get a battering ram through any door.

Here in the woods my dog wouldnt let a cop get out of his car if I wasnt beside him.

13. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Right on. Bad choices made in this one.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7