Kalifornia Gun Control Coming to Oregon

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by 3M-TA3, Jul 15, 2016.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Listen up, Washington State - you are next...

Oregon Governor Kate Brown announced in a press conference this morning her gun control agenda for the 2017 Legislative Session. Here is a synopsis:
    • Executive Order to effectively establish gun registration by requiring the Oregon State Police to keep a database of all gun transactions through an FFL for five years, after which they are "supposed" to delete them (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink..). Note that as of this year Oregon requires an FFL for transactions beyond immediate family.
    • Executive Order to have health officials track "gun violence" and make "recommendations" to the Governor's Office. This appears to be an attempt to work around the legislative process via "Health Emergencies".
    • Oregon legislature requested to ban the sale of "extended" magazines. No idea of what "extended" means, but mu guess is any magazine larger then 5 or 10 rounds.
    • Oregon legislature to remove time limits from background checks so an FFL transaction can be indefinitely delayed.
    • Oregon legislature to greatly extend what is considered your immediate family, so now your wife's cousin's girlfriend can have your firearms forcibly removed because she got pissed at you and now feels "threatened".
    • Ballot Measure spearheaded by religious and other gun control organizations to ban "Assault Weapons". Can anybody say Bloombucks?

This is just the beginning. If liberal Democrats retain control of the Oregon Legislature I see confiscation in the near future. When they are done here they might well be coming for your rights.

Taku, Yard Dart and stg58 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How likely is any of that to pass?

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You know that book I just finished (Unintended Consequences) will never let me look at these types of nonsense without its words and alarms ringing loudly in my head and ears: so a 51% vote makes their law right? Such nonsense... I wonder why they don't put things like this to the vote of the people? OH! That's right because they would be voted down and what do we know anyway. Silly me...

Altoidfishfins, Oltymer and GOG like this.
  4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Probably only the EOs...we even have quite a few liberals who live outside Portlandia who part company with their party when it comes to guns...but they'll still vote for Hilllary and idiot liberal senators.

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The anti gun Democrats have majority control of the Oregon Senate, Representatives, and the Governorship. This is almost certain to continue after the general election. They have made gun control their leading issue coming into the election. IMO all of these will pass at a minimum. Expect more intrusive measures to be announced prior to the 2017 session when the elections are safely behind them and there will not be time to set up any opposition. All will be passed , as usual, as "emergency" legislation so as to prevent a voter referendum.

There is no question that everything will be passed, and they may not wait for the AWB as a ballot measure.

Taku likes this.
  6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

200 shot extend mag, yup that one must go.
    [​IMG]

3M-TA3 and Oltymer like this.
  7. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

They will pass most likely the three years I did lobby work here in Oregon I was able to make needed changes that preserved the rights however there is a large lobbyist here who others in this state follow blindly thinking they will change anything, in the last 4 years many thousands of dollars passed thru this other well known lobby and they squandered the funds they got on failed elections and failed recalls and failed preventive action to stop laws. They never ever have protest. they have namby pamby rallys that are useless. If you are having a rally with a Democratic majority and all who show up at the rally are in favor of what your view is how do you plan on making and impact?
    You don't the guy that runs this large lobby in my opinion has no idea how to fight for rights when its hard. He is said to have helped many a rights why there was a Republican majority, well no sheet and yet many see him as the second coming yet Dems got a majority a few years ago and this well know lobby failed , failed , failed. And myself was allot like how Trump is being treated, when my Lobby made progress the other lobby would not join with us they attacked us and everyone lost big time there is no unity here not yet. Luckily before leaving the lobby work I / we preserved private transfers to a long list of family that was to not be in their commy law but we forced it. The other lobby did nothing of course you wont here about us or me, the other made sure our work was suppressed. Most who know me from being a lobbyist know I am not a fan of these large Oregon lobby guys, I see them as as much of the problem as people believe and trust them and they come up empty.
    I left the name of the lobby and the person running it out due to rules here, but Oregon will lose way more rights if we do PROTESTS, and and just do hold hands look at my cool AR rally crap. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

And no you do not have to be Id-Jits and carry at a protest due to the aggressive nature of a protest it would be advised not to carry openly. Rallys are just feel good events that local Oregon lobbys do to appease the donators. I say we need action not hand holding.
    Of course it fell on deaf ears then and will now as most are loyal and follow this huge Oregon lobby blindly and in 2017 rights will be lost.

stg58 likes this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Does this mean that you can transfer a gun to here because she is "Family"...

Things that make you say "HMMMmmmmmm"

Salted Weapon and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The move is on to disarm the public, thus creating a class of peasants. Everyone run to the castle for protection!!

Salted Weapon and stg58 like this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The fight is coming..... confiscation will not happen.... without blood spilled in the streets.....IMO. :mad:

11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Lock N' Load... Bullets first..

Salted Weapon and Mountainman like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7