Kalifornia strikes again....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, May 26, 2011.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

So, Kalifornia admits it was violating civil rights of it's inmates since 2001....Ok.
    The supreme court orders it to reduce it’s prisoner population....Ok.
    ( so far so good, right?)
    (I mean after all, who wants to have to share a toilet with 53 other inmates?)
    Those Lines have to be LONG!
    Yeooowch!
    But, Kalifornia makes a mistake ( computer error?) and lets 450 really nasty inmates go on a "irrevocable pardon"....These people are out and running wild! They were NOT eligible for this release, as they are VIOLENT and are the BAD BOYS you can remember George Carlin mentioning, showing up at your house for a beer, and wanting to "date" your wife and daughters! Oh yeah! FUN TIMES NOW!
    But wait!
    There's MORE!
    ( you knew didn't ya?)
    They also let an additional 1,000 other inmates go before that, that were NOT supposed to be released either!
    Let the GOOD times roll!!!
    Kalifornia is about to explode, BUT it certainly appears that they are more interested in Arnold's love child!
    Good Lord!
    Here we go sports fans!

sarawolf likes this.
  2. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

You have that right more stupidity in action.
    I hope a lot of people are like us, we don't give a darn about the stars and what they are doing and we don't care to hear about any of it.

3. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

The three strikes rule was stupid to begin with, so this is just piling stupid upon stupid.

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Remember, never waste a good crisis. If this results in rampant crime, this will give Kommi-fornia a great excuse to increase it's police powers...

dragonfly and Brokor like this.
  5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Three strikes was a good idea gone wrong the problem is the idea that we can regulate personnel conduct. Make dope legal let them do what they want. But it is not our responsibility to save them when they od. Darwin was a harsh dude but he works. That will open up lots of prison space. And don't forget how about letting citizens shoot people who steal their stuff you know, the accepted risk doctrine like playing football there is a risk you accept when you decide to play.

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I'm not surprised...

7. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

I suspect California will give them all a bus ticket to Texas when they're released and let someone else take care of their problem. Seems like it's how they do things there.

8. IceNiner

IceNiner Monkey+

I'm originally from California and I try not to look back. Its a damn shame though that one of the most beautiful states in the union is going purposefully into the toilet because of idiotic Liberalism. I went for a visit back to NoCal recently and was not surprised to find out that more than half the radio stations on the FM band are all in Spanish and previously nice places have gone to pot. Washington state officials are trying their damndest to make this place the same as California. They want to purposefully reduce sentences on criminals here and let out over 1,000 of them out of the prisons early even though they admitted in the press conference that they know it will increase crime in the area. Their excuse is that we need the funds for 'more important projects' like public art and health care for illegals! That movie "Idiocracy" has been proven to be true again!

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Go north, young man, go north.....

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

All I can envision in my head is Mr. Burns from the Simpsons rubbing his hands together and saying with joy, "Mhmhmmm..yes, yes!"

[​IMG]

More chaos. More police state. More dead white people.

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I support "Three Strikes" when applied to violent crime. Keep the barstages OFF my streets! But applying it to the stupid kid with his third 'joint bust' or for filching a slab of pizza (yeah, it's happened!) is just total misuse of the law. I'd favor legalizing pot - it's a lot less dangerous than alcohol, or driving with a danged cellphone clapped to one's ear! Worst thing a pot-smoking driver will do is drive slower than normal (please DON'T ask how I know...)
    Is that worth sending the offender to prison for LIFE!? That shouold ONLY be applied to the most heinous offenders.
    Another stupd abuse of the law is this insistence on calling certain crimes "gun crimes", just because the perp used a pistol. He may get extra time for his 'gun crime'. How is it any worse than using a knife or club? I'd rather get shot than hacked or bludgeoned - the hospitals have gotten pretty good at patching bullet wounds.....
    We don't see perps getting extra attention for 'knife crime', or 'baseball bat crime', etc. Just plain STUPID..... but it plays well to the sheeple's ear, and makes them believe the sleazy politician in the Statehouse is actually "doing something to fight crime!" I say "BS!" It's all just to curry favor and votes from the scared masses. Keep the people scared, they will grasp at straws for 'security'.

[kneelsuckers]

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  13. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I hate to admit it, but I was born in Vallejo!
    Things have changed over the years...last time I was there was in '87 for some investigations work....I won't be going back.

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I spent a few weeks in Mare Island Navy Base (outside Vallejo) back in about '83 for tech school. Seemed a fairly nice place, but I didn't get into that little town much. I had my car and spent more time in Fairfield, San Fran and Sacremento.

Of course, this was all before the pelosi/sweinfein era.......... ;)

15. JBillh

JBillh Monkey+

I'm a manufacturing consultant and have worked in most states a time or two over my 16 years in business. California always proves to be a real doozy!

We find great improvements that will truly help the bottom-line of the company and make people's lives better... and then we wait for California regulations to tell us why we can't do it. It's crazy!

Just like anything else we eventually find our workarounds and get the job done. But man oh man is it a pain working there!

All the Best,

Bill

16. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I was stationed at Mather AFB, in Sacremento... back BC... "Before Carter" and really enjoyed it.... however it's now gone the way of all flesh.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7