Kckndrgn's Paleo/Primal Journal - Round 2

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by kckndrgn, Mar 1, 2015.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So I decided enough was enough, I'm back on the primal diet. I'm doing the 21 day challenge (and by proxy so is my wife)

My weigh has gone up faster than I'd like. Again, my biggest problem is just eating. When I'm not hungry but bored, nervous, tired, etc., I'll eat. Doesn't matter what, I'll eat.
    While my family has been eating mostly Primal, my problem is over eating. Watching a movie, gotta snack on something. Stressed, eat something, which makes me more stressed so I eat more.

Attached is my food log for the day. Today's biggest problem is that was never hungry, but ate anyway, now I feel bloated and yucky. Guess what that means in my stupid little brain? Yup, need to eat some comfort food.

I'm resisting, but it's one tough battle.

Attached Files:

Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I feel your pain, seriously. My biggest problem with snacking was always when I was on the computer, which is an easy 8-14 hours a day. I'd have a can of EZ cheese and a box of Triscuits and before I knew it, both were empty. These days I just keep a huge tumbler of iced tea by the keyboard at all times. Basically just traded snacks for tea, go through around a gallon a day plus 2, 24 oz water bottles with some lemon EO in them. But every now and then I do a binge fest (like last night, ugh), and yeah I feel like crap afterwards too. Guess we have to remind ourselves every so often how awful it feels.

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. Minuteman
  6. ditch witch
  7. DarkLight
  8. Sapper John
  9. Yard Dart
  10. RightHand
  11. kckndrgn
  12. Elessar