Kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by andrew414, Dec 8, 2007.

1. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

I've got a line on one of these for cheap. Anybody have any experience with these? I'm supposed to come look / pick it up tomorrow. It's in SW59/9mm configuration... which I like, since I own a model 59 and tons of mags.

Here's an example of one:

[​IMG]

2. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I had one, I justified it (Bought it when I needed a new gun fix) as a good 'Girlfriend gun' but chicks don't like the cheakweld...

It doesn't shoot Al casings good due to the weight of the bolt.

Fun little gun, but I sold mine to buy another AK.
    (I had the Glock 9mm version)

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I hate it. My buddy has one, and we wrung it out one day at the range. It has issues. His is the Glock magazine version - his carry pistol is the Taurus PT-92 - so not good bedfellows!
    The stock is far too short - I'm a long-armed Silverback, but he is a short feller. Even he thinks it's way too short.
    Horrible PLASTIC sights. Hard to adjust without breaking them. Kel-Tec seems enamoured of plastic sights - bad juju!
    Adding a scope or optical sight (virtually required!) defeats the folding feature - really this gun's ONLY redeeming feature.
    It did seem reliable and fairly accurate, once we got the (did I say "Horrid"!?) sights ironed out.
    So, he and I now have the Hi-Point Carbine which we like far better.

As a packable "truck gun", it may have a place. Or, for MC riders. Hmmm . . . since I am a rider, it may gain a new look . . .

Nah, I'll just carry the Bushpup M17S. [beer]

4. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Man, I really like mine. Of course I've made some mods to it. But it is really accurate out to 100yds and sure beats a pistol at that range. Mine's chambered in .40 S&W.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. beatupoldcop

beatupoldcop Monkey+++

I treated myself for Christmas and bought one. Perfect truck gun, load and fires without mishap (for the first hundred rounds I tried)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7