Keltec Sub 2000 availabilty??

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Redneck Rebel, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

What the heck is Keltec's problem? Seems anytime I actually decide to break out the cash the gun I want isn't available anywhere. Went through this when I wanted the SU-16c's I got and now that I want a pair of Sub2000's in the Glock 22 variety they are impossible to find.

2. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

They are popular little carbines. It's a supply and demand thing. I've been waiting got their RFB to become more plentiful. I feel your pain.

3. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

It sucks. I want one to carry with my laptop and one for the woman to keep in the house as she's uncomfortable and not any good with .40 handguns.

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Low production nubers for all KT products

If you search around the web (I just did) the one thing that seems most common on the KT related threads is the low production numbers of KT firearms. That and QC problems.

Perhaps a check of Shotgun News would yield a source.

5. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

6. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

8. bassic

bassic Monkey+

I want to replace the mag release on mine, durn mags won't stay in, the first couple shots kick it right out. If I run half or less, they stay in, but I want them to be full...the 31 round mags just slip right out. The 15 rounders stay in if I have 9 or less rounds. They don't have a satisfying click when you put them in, either. Anyone else have this issue?

9. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I have 2 of the Glock 9MM persuasion, got one from CDNN.com and one from a guy on the KTOG boards. Actually, my wife has pretty much claimed one, so I really only have one...I just bought 2.

Never had any problem with any mags bass...even the el cheapo Korean 33 rounders...It almost sounds like yours isn't quite going over the catch. I hear a lot of stories about how good the folks at KT are about fixing probs...you should give them a call.

10. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I've not read much good about the aftermarket Hi-capacity mags. Are yours the Glock factory mags or something else. I'm just planning to use standard 15 round glock 22 mags if I can ever get one or two.

Check the KTOG forums if you need some input.

bassic likes this.
  11. bassic

bassic Monkey+

They're Glock, from Austria. I had an aftermarket mag for my G19 that I beat to death with a hammer, never again! :D

12. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I am told that they do productions runs based on model. So when they get around to building one model there available, once they sell out good luck. I too am looking for an s2000 for Glock mags in 9.

13. bassic

bassic Monkey+

My mags aren't catching on the release. I wonder if it is a worn mag release, if KT will send me the part. I have a feeling that will fix it.

14. Mikeyhimself

Mikeyhimself Monkey+

the Keltec KSG is going to be even harder to find than the sub2000. and they havent even shipped yet.

15. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Monkey

You need to find out if you have the glock model or beretta model!
    If on the outside of the mag handle there is a small plate with two hex keys, then it is a beretta model!
    The glock mags will not work in the beretta model!
    They spread the mag well!
    Not sure what happens if the mags are beretta, in the glock configuration!
    This could be the problem why they are not staying in!
    God Bless!
    Hope this helps!
    I have the beretta configuration and the mags stay in quite well!

16. Pax Mentis

I use primarily Kahn aftermarket high capacity mags (my Sub2Ks are 9MM Glock) and have had one bad one out of about 20 that I bought. I rotate the ones I keep loaded about once a month and it has worked for me for just over 2 years now.

YMMV...

17. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Monkey

also, there is a sig model sub!

18. Pax Mentis

KT is very good about sending parts free if you call them...

19. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Monkey

a glock mag will not lock in a barretta model! a barretta mag will not lock in a glock model!

20. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

i have a sub2000 in glock .40. I havent had any feeding or mag issues. I also got mine a few years ago when they first came out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7