Kentucky Teac In Psych Ward For saying 9/11 Was inside job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaryBrun, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. GaryBrun

    GaryBrun Monkey+++

    GaryBrun note: He did call for a president's trial and execution. And was packing (legally) on school grounds (illegally)

    Kentucky Teacher Placed In Psych Ward For Declaring 9/11 Was An 'Inside Job'

    Michael Cook was also visited by Secret Service and then became subject of Federal charges for speaking out against Bush before a 2006 speech at Northern Kentucky University. Agents also confiscated his weapons, safely kept at his home, even though legally registered.
    6 Feb 2007
    By Greg Szymanski

    Michael Cook has been persecuted and placed in a psychiatric ward simply for saying 9/11 was an inside job and possessing firearms registered legally in Kentucky.

    His story is just another in a long line cases where law abiding citizens have been systematically deprived of their due process rights and trampled on by a fascist mindset controlling America.

    In a nutshell, Cook's case exemplifies how freedom of speech and the right to possess firearms are being taken away from Americans. His story further shows how a right to a fair is being replaced with psychiatric incarceration based on flimsy and often-times concocted doctor evaluations.

    Cook appeared Monday on Greg Szymanski's radio show, The Investigative Journal, on the Republic Broadcasting Network at, telling how simply speaking his mind and exercising his rights under the 1<sup>st </sup> and 2<sup>nd</sup> Amendments of the Constitution are now leading to his second stint in a psychiatric ward.

    "Right after this interview at 2pm eastern time, I have to surrender to the U.S. Marshall and then taken to a psychiatric facility. Who knows how long it will take, but the last time I was illegally held for 45 days," said Cook who lost his job as a special educator for the Covington Ky., Independent School District after talking 9/11 truth to a school district aide.

    Cook's legal troubles began after he shared information to an aide about 9/11 being an inside job as well as telling the aide he legally possessed firearms, including a 45 caliber pistol locked safely away in glove box of his car.

    "I have a concealed weapons permit and everything is registered in the state of Kentucky, but that doesn't seem to matter to authorities," added Cook, who has been relegated to working as a carpenter until his incarceration in a psych ward Monday.

    Here is rundown of Cook's story in bullet form:

    ---After Cook talks to school district aide, aide tells head of district who calls Covington Kentucky police.

    --- Police arrive at Covington School, confiscate his pistol and take him immediately to the Psychiatric ward at St. Elizabeth's Hospital where he spent 45 days after being evaluated for only minutes, the doctor saying he was paranoid schizophrenic. Cook said the only thing he said to the doctor was that he thought 9/11 to be an inside job.

    ---Cook was then fired from his teaching position, having his license to teach revoked from in 2006 by the state of Kentucky. Cook is still fighting the revocation but the state has refused to hear any evidence from expert witnesses who promised to testify on his behalf. Cook feels that if was declared mentally ill for saying 9/11 was an inside job, then he should be allowed to proved expert testimony showing his statements were based on the opinions and conclusions of rational men and not based on delusions.

    ---After taking a carpentry job while fighting the state for his teaching certificate, Cook was then sued in civil court for not paying the $8,500 hospital bill which he is still fighting.

    --- Cook tried to fight this case but the judge entered a summary judgment without properly allowing Cook to present his case. When he appealed, it was denied.

    ---In the early part of 2006, President Bush was scheduled to make a speech at Northern Kentucky University. Cook emailed the University President in the days prior to Bush's speech, saying a 9/11 truth movie should be played to those in attendance before the speech in order to stimulate a truthful discussion. He further stated in an email that Bush should be found guilty of treason by his peers and shot in front of a firing squad.

    ---Secret Service agents then visited Cook's home prior to the Bush speech and confiscate his legally registered weapons. Cook said he never intended to be violent, but only expressed his concern about Bush's failure to address the truth about 9/11 as well as the illegal war in Iraq.

    --On 5/19/06, Cook participates in the Bush protest at Northern Kentucky University although two police cars were assigned to follow and watch him throughout the entire protest.

    ---Although his firearms were returned after the first altercation with the Secret Service, on 6/20/06 agents returned with a search warrant and confiscated the weapons saying since he was admitted to a psych ward he wasn't allowed to possess any weapons.

    ---On 8/16/06, Cook was served with a summons and arraigned in federal court on 8/17/06. He received a court appointed attorney for the federal charges listed strangely under The United States of America v. Michael Cook; United States District Court,
    Eastern District of Kentucky; Criminal Case No. 06-66-WOB. He says he is not
    superstitious, but thinks it is worth noting the case number 666.

    ---On 02/05/07, he appears on Greg Szymanki's radio show to tell his story at 1pm eastern time. At 2pm eastern time he surrenders to the U.S. Marshall and is taken to another psychiatric ward without being allowed to stand trial.

    The following is a more in depth statement about the particulars of his case written by Cook and given to the Arctic Beacon for distribution. Cook also lists his address at the Federal Medical Facility if anyone is interested in following his case and starting a movement to FREE MIKE COOK.

    This is a brief history of my legal problems. There are potentially
    lucrative lawsuits in the information presented here, and much more in
    information not presented here, for attorneys willing to take them on. I
    have no criminal record and a very respectable background.
    In April of 2005, I shared information on the attacks of 9/11/01 with my
    teaching assistant. I was working as a special educator for the Covington, Ky. Independent School District at a state funded residential treatment
    center for abused and neglected boys. (I had previous experience with that
    population in "wilderness therapy programs or hoods in the woods" and I
    was working on a Master's Degree in Special Education at Northern Kentucky
    University - NKU.) I had a Kentucky permit to carry a concealed weapon and
    was doing so. The reasons for this precaution were very valid and extend
    beyond my involvement in the 9/11 Truth Movement. I had been giving my aide,
    and sometimes her daughter, a ride home after school and I knew that to
    discontinue this would be a considerable inconvenience for her. I was very
    willing to continue giving her a ride, but I felt apprehensive that she was
    not aware of the circumstance she was in while riding with me so I tried to
    inform her somewhat and showed her my pistol to emphasize that I was serious
    about this, that this was reality. She 'freaked out' and took this
    information to my boss, who took it to the police.
    The Covington police came to the classroom the next day before the
    students arrived and took me to the psychiatric ward at St. Elizabeth
    Hospital. I was compliant and was not arrested or read the Miranda and I was
    not charged with any crime. A Kimber pistol that was locked in my car, with
    a cable lock on it, was confiscated and never returned. I had the
    ammunition locked in my office. This is a standard, officially recommended
    and safe procedure, to keep the firearm and the ammunition separate and
    locked. At the hospital, Dr. Petit saw me for 30 seconds or less and
    diagnosed me as Paranoid Schizophrenic. About all I got to say was, 9/11
    was an inside job. This is a true statement and I encourage you to examine
    the work of Dr. Steven Jones of BYU and Dr. David Ray Griffin for
    confirmation of that fact.
    The Petition that went to Campbell County District Court to have me
    involuntarily committed was filed by Ms. Linda Lambers. She was a mental
    retardation professional and was qualified to assert that I was mentally
    retarded, not mentally ill, but that is what she asserted in the legal
    document. The petition went through the office of Judge Gregory Popovich. I
    think that it is telling that Dr. Petit was not willing to put his name on
    the petition, which is how it should have been done.
    I spent about 3 weeks in the psych ward. I did whatever was asked of me,
    including taking medication, because I figured that it would help me be
    released sooner. I spoke freely with mental health professionals whenever I
    was asked to. I was released on the grounds that I was not a danger to
    myself or others.
    I was fired from my teaching job and spent the summer working as a
    carpenter. I am a journeyman in the union. I applied for other teaching
    positions and was accepted at a 'day treatment' program for the Campbell
    County, Ky. School District. Such programs are for adjudicated youth. During
    the first day of employment in August of 2005, the agency responsible for
    the certification of teachers, the Kentucky Educational Professional
    Standards Board (EPSB) suspended my teaching certificate due to the
    hospitalization and the Campbell County School District could no longer
    employ me. I returned to carpentry.
    The EPSB began the legal proceeding to revoke my teaching certificate early
    in 2006. This is an administrative hearing conducted by the Ky. Attorney
    General's office. During a telephone conference with the hearing officer,
    Mr. Thomas Hellmann, and the attorney for the EPSB, Ms. Cynthia Grohmann, I
    was given verbal permission to present evidence and call witnesses to
    substantiate my claim that the attacks of 9/11/01 were an " inside job." It
    seemed logical to me that if I could substantiate my claim, prove that my
    assertion was valid, then that would argue against my having a mental
    disability and this met no resistance. I contacted Dr. Jim Fetzer, one of
    the founders of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, and he contacted other
    professionals in the 9/11 truth movement. In short order, I had Dr. Fetzer,
    BYU physicist Dr. Steven Jones, commercial pilot and aeronautical engineer
    Nila Sagadevan, former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania Philip Berg,
    Esq. Colonel George Nelson, USAF (ret.), and Chemist Kevin Ryan ready to
    I submitted this witness list and another pre-hearing telephone conference
    was quickly scheduled by Ms. Grohmann. I was then told that evidence
    pertaining to 9/11 was not relevant to my case. According to Mr. Hellmann,
    "Cook misconstrues the allegations against him and the nature of the proof
    that will establish that the charges have no merit. Cook seems to assume
    that if the hearing officer finds that there was a government conspiracy
    regarding 9/11, he could not find that Cook has a mental incapacity. One
    finding has no relationship to the other, however, since one could believe
    there was no government involvement in 9/11 and still have a mental
    incapacity, just as a person could believe that there was government
    involvement in 9/11 and have no mental incapacity. Thus, proof of the
    government's involvement in or a conspiracy regarding 9/11 has no direct
    relationship to the charges against Cook." In other words, the validity of
    what you are saying has no bearing on your rationality. The irony runs deep
    here, for I am being accused of being irrational and an irrational argument
    is being used to prevent me from submitting evidence that would rationally
    support my mental health. While it is true that I could be crazy and correct
    about 9/11 at the same time, since I was called crazy for what I was saying
    about 9/11, proving the validity of my claims would seem to be a step in the
    direction of establishing my rationality, coherence, correct thinking,
    sanity, etc.
    So, for this case, I thanked the good people who were willing to testify
    and told them that, unfortunately, I could not present 9/11 evidence and
    focused instead on establishing that I had been doing an excellent job of
    Another case was begun when St. Elizabeth Hospital began a civil suit in an
    effort to get me to pay for my involuntary hospitalization. They only asked
    for $760 when the total bill was $8,500. The only reason I can think of for
    why they would ask for such a small amount is to keep the case in District
    Court. To ask for the full amount would put the matter before the Circuit
    Court. My written response to the suit included the true statements "I did
    not request or require the services rendered to me. I was not a danger to
    myself or anyone else. I was not charged with any crime." At that time, I
    still did not know for certain who had filed the petition to have me
    hospitalized. I maintained that I should not be required to pay for services
    I did not request or require.
    The case came before, surprise, Judge Popovich in April 06. At
    that time, the petition and other legal papers that put me in the psych ward
    could not be found, so it was rescheduled. I promptly found the documents
    and eagerly went to the following court date. I had been to the law library
    at NKU and researched the statutes pursuant to my case and felt that I had a
    pretty reasonable shot at winning this in a trial. I had not obtained legal
    counsel because I could not afford it, and I wanted to see if I would get a
    trial. No surprise, Judge Popovich entered a summary judgment, with no
    motion filed for it by the plaintiff, to the best of my knowledge, or time
    for me to answer to such a motion, and I was denied a trial and ordered to
    pay. I sought a lawyer and got some minimal help at a maximum price. I filed
    a motion identifying the shady legal maneuvers and asking for leave to file
    a counter claim. It was subsequently denied and I appealed to the circuit
    court and that was denied, with no mention made of the shady legal
    maneuvers, naturally.

    The current FEDERAL CASE against me began on 5/18/06. President George W.
    Bush was coming to town to raise funds and speak at NKU. I hand delivered a
    package of 9/11 Truth materials to the President of NKU a week beforehand
    with a polite letter requesting an opportunity to speak with the NKU
    president and the Board of Regents about this vital matter. I was in favor
    of showing a 9/11 Truth movie to the audience before President Bush arrived
    or, preferably, while he was there, but I realized his strict schedule might
    make that unfeasible. I was calling and emailing the NKU president's office
    steadily in the days leading up to President Bush's visit, thinking that he
    might require a little encouragement. I made a mistake, a poor choice of
    words, in an email on 5/18. What I should have said was something like,
    "Eventually, President Bush will be charged with Treason, be found guilty by
    a jury of his peers, and be shot by a firing squad." What I did say was,
    "Eventually, he will be shot for treason." So, the Secret Service came to
    see me. We chatted politely and I was cooperative. They were surprised that
    I was surprised to see them. It really was an honest mistake and I explained
    fully. To be on the safe side, they confiscated my firearms, 1 .22 pistol
    and 2 .22 rifles, 3 shot guns, one 9mm pistol- no assault weapons or
    anything - and gave them to my local police. The agents were polite and
    reasonable and would not take any 9/11 Truth materials but one of them did
    write down the titles of Dr. David Ray Griffin's books.
    W showed up on 5/19 and I participated in the protest at NKU without any
    problems, though I did have 2 police cars follow me out as I drove away. I
    waited until 5/24 to go to my local police who promptly gave me my firearms
    back and very reluctantly accepted some 9/11 Truth materials. All I had to
    do was sign release forms for the firearms. (My concealed carry permit had
    of course been revoked after I was taken to the psych ward. I plan to try to
    get it back but have been too busy with other legal matters to pursue it. I
    did take the initial steps in that direction and have been informed that I
    have 9 years ((8.5 now)) to make an attempt. I am grateful for that generous
    time span in particular and Kentucky's intelligent firearm legislation in
    general. I had replaced the vacancy of my pistol in my fanny pack with DVDs
    and flyers containing 9/11 Truth, which are actually MUCH more dangerous, so
    I still felt safe.)
    I was promptly contacted again by the Secret Service. The agent said that
    he wanted to help me get my guns back. I told him that I already had them
    back. He then told me that he didn't think I was supposed to have them
    because I had been to the psych ward. I did not ask the obvious questions of
    why he was about to help me get them back if I wasn't supposed to have them,
    or how the Secret Service is not aware of a mundane matter such as this if
    it wants to be informed, but merely said, and continued to say for some time
    whenever contact was made, that if I was shown a legal document saying that
    I could not have firearms that I would immediately surrender them, or
    preferably give them to my brother. Some of the firearms belonged to him and
    my nephews and I was merely looking after them. No such documentation was
    ever produced. On 6/20/06, the Secret Service served a search warrant issued
    by virtue of a sealed affidavit filed by the agent I had been dealing with
    and confiscated my firearms again. This time they held on to them. I
    promptly issued a 'yelp' to my community of 9/11 Truth Activists via the
    web. This situation was responded to in a very humorous fashion by Dr. Kevin
    Barrett that can be found here:
    So, I continued to work and play and wonder what might happen. I was
    presented a summons on 8/16/06 by an excellent U.S. Marshal and was
    arraigned on 8/17/06 and received a court appointed lawyer. The case is: The
    United States of America v. Michael Cook; United States District Court,
    Eastern District of Kentucky; Criminal Case No. 06-66-WOB. (I am not
    superstitious, but I think it is worth noting the case number, 666.) I stand
    accused of a felony weapons violation which carries a maximum of 10 years
    and $250,000. Again, I have no criminal record at all and a reasonably
    fine, upstanding background. I was less than enthusiastic about this
    lawyer's performance and fired him, following the advice of a 9/11 Truth
    aware lawyer I was connected with thanks to Dr. Jim Fetzer, just prior to a
    pretrial hearing on 10/6/06. This lawyer very promptly contacted me and I
    allowed him to remain in my service. (I will spare you the details. What he
    had to say sounded reasonable and was substantiated by subsequent
    examination on my part. I also understand, and have considerable empathy
    for, anyone who has difficulty coming to grips with the reality of 9/11,
    which remains relevant to this case regardless of any irrational arguments
    to the contrary that may be made.)
    At the pretrial hearing on 10/6/06, my lawyer filed a motion for me to be
    evaluated for mental competency to stand trial. It is my understanding that
    any reasonable lawyer would want to take this step, and could actually be
    considered negligent if they did not, give the circumstances. The order was
    filed on 10/11/06 and I was notified by the U.S. Marshals on 10/26/06 that I
    am to surrender myself to the Federal Medical Center, 3301 Leestown Rd. Lexington, Ky. 40511-8702 (859-255-6812) today, 11/1/06. I do, of course,
    intend to comply.
    If all goes well, I hope to have a trial soon. I hope to present evidence
    of official complicity in the attacks of 9/11/01 at this trial.
    I spent 45 days at FMC and was evaluated for about 12 hours during that
    time. The evaluation report was due on 1/15/07 and it said that I am not
    competent to stand trial. Ricky Ray Rector, who wanted to save his dessert
    for after the execution, was competent to stand trial, but I am not.

    On 1/19/07 I learned that the prosecutor has filed a motion for me to be
    restored to competency. A hearing date has not yet been set.

    On 1/30 I learned that there will be no hearing. The judge has issued the
    order granting the prosecution's request and I will self surrender, again,
    to the U.S. Marshals for transportation to the Federal Medical Center (FMC-
    Free Mike Cook ?) by 2:00 on Monday 2/5/07. (Last time, I paid my cab fare
    and bus fare. This time, the feds can pay for it.) The law
    Allows for 4 months, with periodic hearings. I just learned yesterday that
    extensions can be filed for and would most likely be granted but I don' t yet
    know how long those extensions could extend my stay. After 4 months, if I
    have still not been "restored to competency ", the sensible thing to do would
    be to dismiss the case. The absurd thing to do, in this absurd world we
    inhabit, would be to go to the next law
    and try to have me committed for life. Yes, you heard right, life in
    'prison' (call it a hospital if you want, you're still locked up) without a
    trial. IF I get to that point, and I certainly hope that I don't, I will
    just have to hope and pray that the cavalry comes.
    Best case scenario, I am found competent in short order and get a fair trial
    where I can present relevant evidence, i.e. the WHY and HOW I was placed in
    the psych ward at the very least, evidence that 9/11 was an inside job at
    the very best.
    Second best scenario, they keep me and F with me as long and as much as they
    can and the case is dismissed.
    Third scenario, I'll need a rescue. What did Alanis Morriset say? 'The fire
    trucks are coming up around the bend.'
    Inshalla, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I won't get to that

    Mailing address at the Federal Medical Center- (FMC- Free Mike Cook!)

    Michel Cook
    P.O. Box 14500
    Lexington, Ky. 40512-4500

    The case can be followed on this site
    You have to register and there's an eight cent charge per page. The case is
    the USA v.s. Michael Cook 06-66 Eastern District of Kentucky, Northern
    Division at Covington.
  2. Blackjack

    Blackjack Monkey+++

    Re: Kentucky Teac In Psych Ward For saying 9/11 Was inside j

    As much as I hate the fascist leanings of this government, the guy was probably held for 45 days not because he spoke out, but because he's nuts.

    The state of Kentucky allows what is called a "Mental Inquest Warrant" to be sworn out by pretty much anyone that knows you, to have you taken to a psych ward for evaluation. They can hold you for 24 hrs or sign you in to the "upstairs" ward for up to ...I think 15 days, at which point your case has to be reviewed, with you present, in front of a judge in MIW court, who can then decide to drop or uphold the MIW for longer. Which means this guy had to go through at least 2 evaluations by doctors and then at least one more review by a judge.

    I used to have the unfortunate job of detaining these MIW's at the emergency psych unit at the Univ of Louisville Hospital. Every once in a while you get one that isn't crazy and it was just the ex-wife or someone getting revenge on them, but 99% of the time it's legit. They will tell you that the Alien Commander Zek had them taken into custody one minute, and the next claim "I'm just here because I spoke out against the President". Once they get back on their meds they seem perfectly normal.

    I'm not saying this is what happened, I'm saying it's probably what happened. Is the govt capable of this..... absolutely, but the odds are he quit taking his meds for a while and said a whole lot more than he's letting on.
  3. Brokor

    Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

    Re: Kentucky Teac In Psych Ward For saying 9/11 Was inside j

    He's probably a "kook" trying to lend credibility to a perfectly valid case. At the least he is seriously tormented because he did not go about securing enough credibility -a MUST if you speak out so openly against the Bush regime in public. The truth doesn't speak for itself, as we well know. The People themselves need to commit to the idea that this man, or any man taking a public stance is coming from a legitimate position. Maybe he is psychologically effected by all of what has happened. I mean, the nation is owned by European bankers, terrorism is government funded and organized, our government trains, protects, and finances terrorists, we live under the emergency of war which essentially comes down to being a military dictatorship, the media, newspapers, education outlets, corporate arena, and every political arrangement are assets belonging to the globalist banking cartels, and most people are too wrapped up in mindshare propaganda to make heads or tails out of anything.

    Who wouldn't go mad?

    Who would believe that they no longer live in a republic, but instead a democracy that is a constitutional dictatorship? Who would believe that their property, and their lives are chattle property belonging to the State?

    Denial runs deep. The people have nothing else.
  4. Tango3

    Tango3 Aimless wanderer

    Re: Kentucky Teac In Psych Ward For saying 9/11 Was inside j

    All hail commander Zek....[alien][tinfoil101][tinfoil101][tinfoil101]
  5. Blackjack

    Blackjack Monkey+++

    Re: Kentucky Teac In Psych Ward For saying 9/11 Was inside j

survivalmonkey SSL seal warrant canary