Kershaw Spec Bump?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by kkeegan, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kkeegan

kkeegan Weapon Stockpiler

Anyone have any experience with this knife?

I might pick one up for daily carry. [dunno]

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

[worthless]
    I never used one.

3. kkeegan

kkeegan Weapon Stockpiler

HOWS THIS!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Looks like it will be a real pain in the arse to sharpen.

5. shadetech

shadetech Monkey++

Anything with the Kershaw name is a great knife. When you get them they are scarry sharp. All the knives with stainless blades are harder to sharpen than a good carbon steel, but when you buy one, get 2 and send me one.

6. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

from what I understand there are 2 kershaw brands, the USA made ones and the NOT usa made ones. The usa made ones are nothing short of kick butt. I have had one for years and its with me at all times In fact it was made in OCT 03 (http://www.countryknives.com/store/assets/product_images/K1670GRYBLK.jpg) thats a pic I borrowed.
    I love this knife. its strong well made and has less of a curve than the one shown above it the edge.
    I dont know what steel kershaw uses on these blades but it does well by me.
    I also understand that the usa ones have a lifetime warranty, where as thier asian made brothers do not.

I think it might have to do with the fact that ken onion designed ones are all the usa ones.

its late and my facts might be off. But I love mine and like i said its always with me.

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

My favorite Kershaw:
    [​IMG]

8. Claemore

Claemore Monkey+

I had the cheaper version, the Speed-Bump, and it was one of the handiest blade designs I've ever used. Yes, it was a pain in the butt to sharpen, but worth the trouble to me. I will own the Spec Bump some day.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7