1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Kershaw Spec Bump?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by kkeegan, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kkeegan

kkeegan Weapon Stockpiler

Anyone have any experience with this knife?

I might pick one up for daily carry. [dunno]
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I never used one.
  3. kkeegan

kkeegan Weapon Stockpiler

HOWS THIS!!!
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Looks like it will be a real pain in the arse to sharpen.
  5. shadetech

shadetech Monkey++

Anything with the Kershaw name is a great knife. When you get them they are scarry sharp. All the knives with stainless blades are harder to sharpen than a good carbon steel, but when you buy one, get 2 and send me one.
  6. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

from what I understand there are 2 kershaw brands, the USA made ones and the NOT usa made ones. The usa made ones are nothing short of kick butt. I have had one for years and its with me at all times In fact it was made in OCT 03 (http://www.countryknives.com/store/assets/product_images/K1670GRYBLK.jpg) thats a pic I borrowed.
    I love this knife. its strong well made and has less of a curve than the one shown above it the edge.
    I dont know what steel kershaw uses on these blades but it does well by me.
    I also understand that the usa ones have a lifetime warranty, where as thier asian made brothers do not.

I think it might have to do with the fact that ken onion designed ones are all the usa ones.

its late and my facts might be off. But I love mine and like i said its always with me.
  7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

My favorite Kershaw:
  8. Claemore

Claemore Monkey+

I had the cheaper version, the Speed-Bump, and it was one of the handiest blade designs I've ever used. Yes, it was a pain in the butt to sharpen, but worth the trouble to me. I will own the Spec Bump some day.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary